News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Shin Momotarou Densetsu Entire Script Dump?!  (Read 3469 times)

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
Shin Momotarou Densetsu Entire Script Dump?!
« on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:39 pm »
Hey guys & Ladies, Today i would like for you guys to take a Good long look at This Entire Script Dump of "Shin Momotarou Densetsu" For The Super Famicom: http://ultimagarden.net/anthology/shinmomo.txt  Yes your heard me right! That's is a link i've found while lurking through the Japanese Web ;) Any Takers on tackling such a translation/hack Job are free to try! p.s Another site relevant to Shin Momotarou Densetsu RPG is a type of game tip info or Walkthrough here: http://rpgshop.okoshi-yasu.com/smm/smm01.html

SteveMartin

• View Profile
Re: Shin Momotarou Densetsu Entire Script Dump?!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »
KingMike had the whole script for this game dumped a few years back, albeit with errors. I'm not sure what became of that project, I tried working on it but the font table and other issues made it unreadable at a lot of points IIRC. I ended up forgetting about it :/
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:40 am »
I thought I had all the dumping errors fixed and the table corrected.
Though with like 250 text blocks (seriously) (totaling around 560KB after decompression), maybe it was hard to tell for certain. If someone wants to look again, I should be able to upload it somewhere.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:03 am »
This doesn't look like a "full script dump." It doesn't look remotely like a full script dump for ANY game, let alone an RPG. It has URLs in it, it's fairly short, it has no control codes or anything of the sort embedded in it, and there's no way an SNES game could fit as many Japanese characters per line as that document has.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:55:32 am »
It’s a strategy guide :D
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:42:05 am »
I apologise :-/ at first i was searching around looking at a few Super Famicom rpg games and stuff & i'd happen to find a txt document link that look like something or similar to a script dump of a game so then i wanted to show you guys if it were a full dump despite how long that page was with that many characters & assuming thinking it was it. again i'm sorry if i didn't known