News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 7148 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:24:00 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »
Huh, never heard of Battle Kid, but the character looks like the dude from "I Wanna Be The Guy."

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:10:41 pm »
Battle Kid is a homebrew NES game by Sivak.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Kid:_Fortress_of_Peril
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »
Just in case this fact was overlooked by staff, Battle Kid is a commercial game that was released a few years ago. I don't know if there is any kind of policy on this.

</ :police:>

DANGER X

• Nes hacker & player
    • View Profile
    • Deadpool Nes
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »
Battle Kid - Fortress of Peril it's really a god game.I don't understand why is so disregarded.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:17:37 pm by DANGER X »

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »
Aren't all the games we work on commercial?

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:17 pm »
What sets battle kid apart is that it is comparatively new. If I recall correctly, RHDN generally stays away from current gen consoles. Like I said, I'm not sure about the policy, and of course NES is plainly not current gen, but the game in question is right on par with current gen as far as newness goes.

Honestly, my bigger concern is how Sivak would feel about it. The world of NES homebrew is not very far removed from what a lot of us do here, and from what I understand, he's not too keen on the idea of Battle Kid ROMs floating around. Releasing a hack for his game might be like thumbing our collective nose at him.

I just thought I would point it out in case it got overlooked. If that's not the case then the staff is free to tell me to shut up and mind my own business.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »
I wonder what kind of bosses there are besides that flower. I like games with big bosses.

Nosuch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:31:01 pm »
I seem to recall tasvideos.org having a playthrough of it available on their site, if you'd like to see more. ;)
Well, he's just this guy, you know?

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 08:50:13 am »
There's no real policy against Battle Kid. It's the same as any other game for the NES in those regards. We filter by platform so we don't have to make attempt to label what game is 'commercially viable' and all that. Naturally, it was in poor taste to submit something like it to begin with and it goes against the spirit of the site. The good news is the file links were all junk (Apparently staff members aren't checking the file archive/links as they are supposed to. >:( ) and I removed it along with the Vice: Project Doom hack for junk links.

For all his hacks, DANGER X submitted junk links initially with dropbox framed readmes, HTML file links, and somehow staff approved them all! Oh, for the love of ROM hacking... *sigh* The remaining ones of his are all correct now.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »
Wait... a theft-detection alarm in VS Duck Hunt?
The game actually has a built-in car alarm? :)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »
I've been playing Battle Kid since yesterday, and it is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!! Cram filled with near-impossible puzzles and "BAAAAAH, DAMN YOU ALL!" cheap death moments, even if you like your games tough as nails, you probably won't beat it unless you have an emulator.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:38:46 pm by KingMike »

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 02:29:13 pm »
Just google "Final Fantasy X1 (CH)[!]" and be sure to have the quotes around it.  X1 and X2 are easy to find. 

X3 is a bit harder, so with the improvement patch, I included a patch that turns X1 into X3.
Enjoy Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy? Check out my Dissidia Duodecim mods!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjcyBHNeY1g&app=desktop

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 01:05:19 am »
I have a question, since the point of Battle Kid was raised.
I'm working on a translation for my language for Monster World IV, except I'm not working on the original Genesis rom (nor any other translation patches) but rather with a Genesis rom extracted the 2012 English Wii VC release, since it doesn't have the problems the other patches have (functional text, enough space so that pointers are unneeded, and I suck with modifying compressed Genesis graphics).

I suppose I can't upload such a translation to RHDN, even if nothing of the font and the original text added by the 2012 edition over the English version remains (since it's in Arabic, everything font and all had to be replaced)?
If even that won't be enough, I presume using the JP 1994 Genesis rom won't be an option (since it collides with a commercially viable game, if you stretch it a "bit" to include a 20-year old game), neither using a custom patcher based on the Wii VC wad (since that would be current gen hacking?)

Thanks a lot for any answers :)