News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: One hell of a name...  (Read 2093 times)

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
One hell of a name...
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »
Need some ideas about a name of a monarch in a game... The context is hinduitstic but this name really gives me a stun...
Any good adaptation would go...

よは ちゃんどら・しゃんか-る・てんじん・すがんざん
はり・きゅう・かいろ・いがな・わさじふ・るもまうとい
かおしよ・さ-り・ほるまりんちんちん・ぷなんとあらさ
こらさ・そらよ・どっこい・ほえるかば16せいである!

Eien Ni Hen

• You entitled girlfriend!
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
Re: One hell of a name...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:35 pm »
God that is a long name... If it's a Hinduistic monarch, I'd name him something silly, like Emperor Chandra Shankar Ganesh Nahasapeemapetilon. The original name looks like a mix of Indian-sounding names and other random stuff thrown in. It depends on context, and I'm probably going to get flak for this, but I wouldn't go with a straight translation especially if you're translating a comedy.

If you're asking for help with translating the name, I can only figure out parts of it. :P
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39:20 am »
God that is a long name... If it's a Hinduistic monarch, I'd name him something silly, like Emperor Chandra Shankar Ganesh Nahasapeemapetilon. The original name looks like a mix of Indian-sounding names and other random stuff thrown in. It depends on context, and I'm probably going to get flak for this, but I wouldn't go with a straight translation especially if you're translating a comedy.

If you're asking for help with translating the name, I can only figure out parts of it. :P
It's a game,yeah, but that gibberish has no relation to the context of the game like at all, except for it being hinduistic)

Eien Ni Hen

• You entitled girlfriend!
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:02 pm »
It's a game,yeah, but that gibberish has no relation to the context of the game like at all, except for it being hinduistic)

Well, the first two words are Indian names (Chandra and Shankar). The third is Tenzing, a Nepalese name. I also see わさじふ (which looks like a vaguely Arabic name, but I'm not sure how it's rendered in English,) and Sari. The rest (except maybe ちんちん and どっこい) looks like gibberish to me.
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 12:48:05 pm »
Well I guessed the first two) As for Wasajifu - I've seen some Japanese having nicknames like that but I have no idea what it means and I haven't seen a surname like that... Also, Tenjin is probably Heavenly Born here... And the lasy words - I think he's just a bit tired of pronouncing his own name, so he takes a break and ends with "the 16th"...