News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Juvei Quest Translation Released!  (Read 8292 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Juvei Quest Translation Released!
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

Update By: Pennywise

Today aishsha has released his translation for Juvei Quest after a long hiatus. The game was developed by Birthday, the people behind Dream Master and several other excellent RPGs. On the outside, the game is your average DQ clone in a Japanese setting, but the game has a surprising amount of depth and goodies that really makes it stand out.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://aishsha.blogspot.com/)

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Juvei Quest Translation Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:40:20 am »
This I am going to doWnload!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:00:33 am »
I guess people who enjoyed KingMike's Momotarou translation, might be interested to know this game has a loose tie-in that probably is a spoof due to Namcot being competitor's with Hudson. Same thing goes with a possible Konami connection as well.

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:56:07 am »
How long is this game roughly?  Its hard to find time for long games right now, but I hope I can play this during the summer.

glown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:18 am »
sweeeeeet.  i wanted to play this a while ago. 

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:41 am »
Very cool! Looking forward to checking this out along with the Aeon Genesis release as well.
Just a guy that likes horror flicks.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:55:20 pm »
How long is this game roughly?  Its hard to find time for long games right now, but I hope I can play this during the summer.
It's quite long for a NES game I'd say.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:51:10 pm »
For those that downloaded the initial release, there was a minor issue with experience and money. We updated the patch and submitted it to the site, once it's approved please redownload the patch.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:35 pm »
This is one of the best nes RPGs I've played in a long time. It has a lot of depth, charismatic characters, side stories that develop some of the characters' story before they meet you, you can use "helpers" to aid you in your quest, for instance obtaining clues and information from townfolks, changing some items into others, etc. And it's really long for a nes game.

My girlfriend and I are completely hooked on this one, we consider it a gem amongst nes RPGs from last 80s - first 90s. Did this game sell well when it was first released in Japan?

A big thankyou to everyone in the translation team, i hadn't enjoyed an 8 bit game like this in a very long time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:32:48 pm by aqualung »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »
I have to wonder about that.
The game originally included some character cards in the box. I wonder if that had anything of use in the game, or if it was a side game you could play? (I've got scans of the cards and the manual. But the instruction scan isn't that great of quality because the manual is an actual book (with binding) and I didn't want to tear it apart to get better scans. :) )
The game also included a big cloth map.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 01:20:00 am »
I have to wonder about that.
The game originally included some character cards in the box. I wonder if that had anything of use in the game, or if it was a side game you could play? (I've got scans of the cards and the manual. But the instruction scan isn't that great of quality because the manual is an actual book (with binding) and I didn't want to tear it apart to get better scans. :) )
The game also included a big cloth map.
Ihave the original ) Yeah, those cards are a side board game played separately by also using a big paper (not cloth) map from the game package. As for manual - I wanted to do that one, but it's very difficult to scan as the pages are GLUED together, so I didn't wanna to destrot the manual itself.