News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: and Namco goes insane.  (Read 3794 times)

Lilinda

• View Profile
and Namco goes insane.
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/22/namcos-idolm-ster-games-released-on-ios-in-english-for-55-eac/

So, the question I have is this: how much do the japanese versions cost?
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: and Namco goes insane.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:38 am »
I lol'ed.

Though Squeenix' iOS FF rythm game (Tetra something, forget the name) costs about the same if not more if you buy all the songs.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:43:43 am »
The 3DS version is 20 dollars cheaper. :themoreyouknow

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »
The 3DS version is 20 dollars cheaper. :themoreyouknow
Did you mean DS? I don't see a 3DS game on GameFAQs. Though I see on GameFAQs that the DS game has a TWL (DSi) product code, which means it's probably region-locked on DSi/3DS. A possible deterrent.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Lilinda

• View Profile

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »
Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about idolm@ster.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »
I've always found these games strange, but then I find marrying virtual idols strange, so whatever.  Not gonna claim to understand the appeal, but I can understand the business plan (the unique niche that will buy these games is more than willing to pay a premium price for them).

xXBelmontXx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »
Lol. I wouldnt even pay 1$ for this , let alone 55. What the hell were they thinking? I mean not only is it way overpriced , but its also really lame. A rythm game where you're managing a girl band that look like dolls? (might i add with most likely annoying high pitched japanese-ish voices)  Lolwtfman. And to think some grown men or even just males actually want to play this is both astonishing and disconcerting. I should also add pathetic. Everything about this makes me cringe.

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:51 pm »
55$? What the hell was Namco smoking?

Then again I pay 1500$ for a single video game, guess I am not much better.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 04:34:13 am »
Then again I pay 1500$ for a single video game

OK I am curious, I can see paying that kind of money for a cabinet of something and indeed I have come close to doing that for a Silent Scope cabinet at points over the years and have similarly paid over the odds for various games but 1500 seems excessive.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:34 am »
There's only one game I know of that cost that much, and if you actually paid that much for Radiant Silvergun then you're probably out of your damn mind  :P

I've dropped a bit of money for games over the years, but that's way over the top. I could install a multiplayer cabinet for that kind of dough, and probably build a serviceable computer with the money left over.

Edit: Although if you're a collector, and you had the money then who am I to say how you spend it?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:18:06 am by Next gen Cowboy »
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 01:35:51 pm »
OK I am curious, I can see paying that kind of money for a cabinet of something and indeed I have come close to doing that for a Silent Scope cabinet at points over the years and have similarly paid over the odds for various games but 1500 seems excessive.

Yes it was a cabinet. It was originally for Mushihimesama Futari Black Label (known as Bug Princess 2 on america), before they made a 360 port. I was dying to play the sequel to the original Mushihimesama, so in the end, I  came up with a ridiclous plan to go to another city to get Astro City arcade cabinent and then buy the PCB of the game. So 1500$ right there.

There's only one game I know of that cost that much, and if you actually paid that much for Radiant Silvergun then you're probably out of your damn mind  :P

I've dropped a bit of money for games over the years, but that's way over the top. I could install a multiplayer cabinet for that kind of dough, and probably build a serviceable computer with the money left over.

Edit: Although if you're a collector, and you had the money then who am I to say how you spend it?
And yeah I owned Radiant Silvergun too, but I only pay 95$ for that.