News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: New Rygar Hack  (Read 3792 times)

mtwallet

• View Profile
New Rygar Hack
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:38 am »
Would someone please make a new Rygar hack? I have never seen another one before (but there are like 18,000 hacks of Super Mario Bros). When I was a kid I loved that game: it has some pretty decent RPG-like elements, semi-okay powerups, and good mix of terrains, plus it is actually satisfyingly beatable, but the music is so annoying! I think the entire game could use a major update, and maybe some new enemy and level designs and well as music remixes. Anyone else agree?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: New Rygar Hack
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:11:57 pm »
If you want to see a Rygar hack, we encourage you to begin reading documents and make it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:14:53 pm »
Uploaded this one recently

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1398/

mtwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:21 am »
I don't have any coding/programming experience, but I'd love to learn. How do I get started on learning how to modify a game? Can you send me a link or something?

August 07, 2013, 09:39:50 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
@mrrichard999: I hadn't seen your Rygar hack at the time I posted this, so thanks for pointing me to it. I've played it, and it's decent, but it's still too much like the original for my tastes. I guess I'm looking for a more complete overhaul rather than just new maps.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:39:50 am by mtwallet »

Avster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 12:01:08 pm »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 06:30:46 pm by Avster »

mtwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »
Thanks I'll have to check out Warrior of Argus's music. I will admit that I did love the Caves music theme though, and the Flying Castle was kind of mysterious and ominous and fit well with the shadow enemies that you fight there, but there was also some REALLY annoying stuff, like Mt. Primeval and that silver dungeon area that just played the same three notes over and over and over... Actually most of the themes aren't poorly composed, it's just that they're played with these grating, square-waved notes. That's where my problem is. I think if the music were softened somewhat, it would be more enjoyable.

Unclean

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 05:42:35 pm »
I work in IT (hardware/software tech) and I asked a few of the programmers there if they knew how and were willing to work on a Rygar project...was hoping for a map creation set. Even just a bare basic shell of one but that was outside their scope. They said they'd be interested as programmers to do such a project for fun despite not being gamers....ah well. I hope someone out there comes up some some cool stuff eventually!! I did like Rygar for PS2 despite being a bit different, still need to try out the DS version also.

Id even take a modernized version similar to some of the Castlevania games that have been redone. Or like Blaster Master's redo on the WII. One can only hope. I would try and attempt to learn programming for this, but I know my limitations. Id have an easier time becoming a Neurosurgeon.