News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 7385 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:08:10 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »
I got to be honest, the graphics in Luokeren 8 Emeng De Kaishi have me semi-interested.

Also, I don't think Ridley X's Megaman 3 hacks have been submitted yet.

KyleRXZero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »
Metroid + Saving is awesome. I hated the password system for this game. Very awesome Snarfblam.

Ness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:23 am »
All of Ridley X's hacks are fun.

Also, I don't think Ridley X's Megaman 3 hacks have been submitted yet.

He's also made 3 Rockman 5 hacks which are good.

I'd say stay away from Rockman 6 RE though, it's a hard type of hack in which the worst stuff is thrown at you screen after screen, and where you'll die a lot even using savestates.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:10:20 am by Ness »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 05:19:37 pm »
Okay, tried out Luokeren 8. Much to my surprise it DID have different music, but all of it was from the NES Megaman games, Mostly 3, which sucks. A lot of it is also remixed poorly. In addition, the stage design in areas is a mess. Dive Man's stage has completely random areas of water that don't make sense. There's also a lot of impossible stage jumps as well. Also, I fought Skull Man, and when I lost and respawned, the screen went grey. Without a doubt a low-quality hack.

Edit: Luokeren 3's music is stolen from Wily goes to Indonesia and uses Breakman 3 (Megaman 3 with Proto Man instead of Megaman) as a base, and Luokeren 7's music is stolen from Wily's Dream Space. (Surprisingly Luokeren 7 is a Rockman 4 hack, while Wily's Dream Space is a Rockman 5 hack.)

February 27, 2013, 08:08:12 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
...Now that I think of it, the Luoreken 3 patch I got looks a LOT different than the pictures on the site. Are you sure you uploaded the correct patch?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:08:12 pm by Plint Michigan »

w7n

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:14:31 am »
Seems that someone submitted a lot of Chinese Mega Man hacks? I checked some of them and... First of all, please make the fonts on the title screen better. Take MM9: The End of the Nightmare as an example: 'Of'(De) is Heiti, while 'Nightmare'(Emeng) and 'End'(Zhongjie) are badly drawn.
Not to mention the level design or the music. In MM8, the Pharaoh man stage is like a Fire man stage, and the music is horrible. Never be careless with the music...
Oh well. Hacking is some work on which you may spend a lot of time but still get poor remarks. Quality over quantity, and experience makes quality.

If the authors of the Chinese Mega Man hacks can see this message:
Do you have a Baidu account, and often go to Baidu Tieba? If yes, what's your account? (CH: 您是否有百度账户,并且常去百度贴吧?如果是,那么您的百度ID是?)

ananda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
Edit: Luokeren 3's music is stolen from Wily goes to Indonesia

I quite suprised when I saw that words. Plint Michigan, thanks for your thoroughness, I really appreciated it. So, I try the hack immediately, hmmm... I guess it was not only music. Sorry, I don't have any evil minds... But, it looks like the author made the hacks not from scratch, in other words (I really sorry for this) he used my patch to the ROM too.

Why I had such perception? Many reasons... enemies AI, faster vertical scrolling (well, I learned it from PureSabe's patch, which works only for RM3 and I not applying his patch in my MM3DWVI, but I change the values from scratch.), faster climbing and sliding, the speed register, etc... etc. with same value...

And maybe the author forgot to change cannon sprite which I reassembled it with Matrixz's CSA so the cannon animation looks weird.

But that's fine... I don't too much care of it because I'm working on MM5 now.  ;D

Sorry if there are grammatical errors in my words.

:-X
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:40:43 pm by ananda »
Hi, I'm a beginner hacker from Indonesia. Sorry if my English is bad. English is difficult for me. ;D

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
I know it may be useless posting here, but I noticed that the JUSTIN BAILEY outfit is disabled if you use the Metroid + Saving mod. After some clever trickery, I managed to get a save that had the gear enabled.

Forgive me if there's another way to get the JUSTIN BAILEY outfit enabled at the start in the Metroid + Saving mod, but I thought I'd share a save. :)

Here's the save that starts Samus off with her made-for-agility pink leotard, but otherwise a clean slate.

(Truthfully, this is a save with password "000000 000020 000000 000020" enabled. You don't get the bonuses of "JUSTIN BAILEY ------  ------" beyond Samus without a suit.)

If anyone asks, I can share the method I used to get this enabled.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:21 am »
I sure would like to have a Metroid movie, but if Other M is any indication, somebody else should do the story.

But it has to have this music.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:03:54 pm »
I noticed that the JUSTIN BAILEY outfit is disabled if you use the Metroid + Saving mod.

I'm actually quite surprised at how many people have asked about this. The way you're supposed to get suitless Samus is by beating the game in under 3 hours. You then restart the game with all your equipment (minus missiles and e-tanks) and no suit. That JUSTIN BAILEY works as a password is pure coincidence, as is the fact that it gives you suitless Samus.

On the other hand, NARPASSWORD is no longer available. But that's okay, because NARPASSWORD is only for cheaters. It also has a bug that can cause the game to freeze.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 03:43:13 am »
I sure would like to have a Metroid movie, but if Other M is any indication, somebody else should do the story.

But it has to have this music.

I'd like the movie to have an Aliens feel to it.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:37 pm »
That would be very appropriate.