News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Marioland 2 Full Colour Playable Patch  (Read 34441 times)

bradzx

• View Profile
Re: Marioland 2 Full Colour Playable Patch
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 09:15:18 am »
Oh.  Maybe emulator problem for not catch up for flashing?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 07:58:41 am »
There is something missing about this game.  When I get starman power, it is not flashing, it just normal.  What if deaf people play this game and didn't hear starman power music?  I just wonder if you can fix it or not.

Often when going from black and white to full colour certain effects no longer work like the metroid 2 fading between zones effect.  A lot changes when you're no longer working with 4 shades of gray.

FroggestSpirit

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 12:08:19 pm »
I'm not going to even touch this due to the fact that I hate the GB colorizer program. If you want to see a real colorized game, check out my bugs bunny crazy castle 2 hack, or the Pokemon Red in color that I helped with. Anyways, I feel like I might give this game a treatment from scratch, and maybe add in goodies, like the ability to play as luigi. I've done some research on the game, so I can modify the physics aswell.

As for the starman, that would require a palette dedicated to the star/mario (mario will most likely have one) or the star can have 2 frames, with the pixels swapping instead of the palette. (mario would have a palette edit to make him flash)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »
Well, we need one that works on hardware, so if you can do that your hack will have an edge on the other one.

Chippy2000

• I'm the CREATOR Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha Revival!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:21 pm »
Good job on the fix. Have a cookie  :cookie:
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »
I'm not going to even touch this due to the fact that I hate the GB colorizer program. If you want to see a real colorized game, check out my bugs bunny crazy castle 2 hack, or the Pokemon Red in color that I helped with. Anyways, I feel like I might give this game a treatment from scratch, and maybe add in goodies, like the ability to play as luigi. I've done some research on the game, so I can modify the physics aswell.

As for the starman, that would require a palette dedicated to the star/mario (mario will most likely have one) or the star can have 2 frames, with the pixels swapping instead of the palette. (mario would have a palette edit to make him flash)

You'd probably be better off starting from scratch, especially if you have the skill to do something fantastic like this.  Really I just fixed a big that required a little breakpoint work and changing one hex character.