News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Princess Crown (Saturn) English Translation  (Read 114061 times)

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
Re: Princess Crown (Saturn) English Translation
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
I just want to point out that Yabause doesn't require a burned disc. It supports bin/cue, ccd, iso, and mds/mdf. Depending on which version you're running it also supports running games from disc if that's what you want. It's not required though. Also Yabause does run Princess Crown. In fact, that's what I've been using this entire time to debug and test.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2016, 04:57:07 pm »
See? That's my only issue. Most console emulators that require ISO images don't have to go to a process of ripping an ISO, mounting them with Daemon tools, and then playing them. ePSXe, PCSX2, nullDC, and Dolphin doesn't have to go through this process. You just play the ISO files and that's it.

If only there was a Sega Saturn emulator that doesn't have this tedious process of installing ISO images, just to play them.

If you want to talk more about this topic, you can PM me.

There is: Bizhawk (which also plays a lot of other systems) lets you load .cue directly. The emu is still using the yabause core, but it has a ton more options that yabause doesn't have.

Are you sure it's Gradriel and not something like "Galadriel"?

I'm sure it's supposed to be Galadriel or at least inspired from, but the game writes it as Gradriel in plan english.

Locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2016, 07:52:57 am »
Hello,

First of all, thanks for doing all this work.

I've been a member for a while but think this may be my first post. I have read through this whole thread and don't see a link to where to download the patch from. I see some people referencing getting it on Github but no link. I see that the first post has been updated recently and thought that would be a the place to find a link.

As an aside, thanks to this thread I checked the yabause home page and for the first time the forum's worked for me. :woot!:  Hopefully when I am approved by a moderator, I'll now be able to figure out if I can get saves to work on my Mac. If not, I do own a Saturn with a Rhea but it's back in the US waiting for me to come back home this summer (am an Expat).

Any way thanks again.

Update:Found it and now I see why its not posted. It's not done and you don't want people trying it then bugging you for help with an unfinished version. Well thanks again to CyberWarriorX and SAMIAM. I'm excited for the final release.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:04:21 am by Locke141 »

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2016, 06:15:41 pm »
@CyberWarriorX Hey man long time no talk, is this project still being worked on by anychance? if so, there's a new method in running Sega Saturn rips/backups on real hardware (not modchip or swap trick) but now you can easily run them by softmodding a Action Replay 4M Plus or Gameshark cartridge and then run the burnt disc and test your translations that way nowadays! ;)

Here's the link if you wanna know more: https://www.reddit.com/r/SegaSaturn/comments/32rerh/easy_guide_to_play_backupsimports_on_saturn/

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2016, 07:34:37 pm »
Locke:

Yeah sorry about the lack of Github link. We're getting to the point where a real release is getting closer. And since we no longer really need outside help there's just not a lot of point in putting it in the OP anymore. Also the code currently on Github is significantly outdated now.

DSwizzy:

Sure is! Thanks for letting me know, though I've already heard of it.  :)

For everyone else: Please be sure to check OP since I did update it just over a week ago.

Lentfilms

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2016, 11:27:46 pm »
I hadn't noticed that the front page was updated until you mentioned it. That new font looks really great! Keep up the awesome work  :)

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2016, 01:56:17 am »
Wait! There's a duck named Saturnin saying "Coin ! Coin !" ?  ;D

There's a(n old) French guy in your team  ;D ;D ;D

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2016, 05:56:58 pm »
I just wanna know something: does Yabause run this game flawlessly or is it full of graphical glitches/bugs or the like?

I haven't tried the game there yet, but I know Yabause isn't the best emulator out there.

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »
Wait! There's a duck named Saturnin saying "Coin ! Coin !" ?  ;D

There's a(n old) French guy in your team  ;D ;D ;D

It's a running gag with us in #yabause on irc. ;) Saturnin also happens to be the name of the Saturn emulator by Runik.

I just wanna know something: does Yabause run this game flawlessly or is it full of graphical glitches/bugs or the like?

There's no graphical glitches or major bugs that I've seen in my play test. At least none that weren't bugs I created with the translation patch that I still have to fix. Though whether it is "flawless" or not tends to be somewhat subjective. And unfortunately given the nature of emulation I can't in good conscience say whether Yabause is flawless any more than any other emulator. If you want flawless, go play it on the console as it was intended.

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2016, 10:56:25 am »
Sorry, I said "flawlessly" but that was just poor choice of words. All I wanted to know is if there were graphical or audio glitches on the game, since this is what concerns me most when it comes to emulation.

But if there are none, then it's good enough for me. :)

HVC-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
I have a modchipped Saturn I can test this translation with.

Locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2016, 08:31:29 am »
No problem CyberWarriorX. I'm just glad that there are guys out there doing stuff like this.

This will give me time to figyour out why Yabause won't save games on my Mac. I'm still wating for forum admin aprovel over there.

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2016, 10:40:20 am »
Synnae:

No worries. I think it's just important to have realistic expectations considering it is emulation.

Locke141:

I managed to get you approved on the forum :)

Locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2016, 10:47:13 am »

Locke141:

I managed to get you approved on the forum :)

Thanks CyberWarriorX. :beer:

With all the Saturn translation projects and me not moving back too the US any time soon to use my Rhea, the time to fig your out how to get saves to work Yabause  for mac couldn't be better. 

cabfenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »
First of all, thanks for the initiative. By the way, any news? I can't wait to play it translated.

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »
Locke141:
You may benefit from trying the latest development build that we have now on the download page.

cabfenrir:
Nothing significant. I'm trying to dump the last bit of text that's stored as sprites. I'm almost there but the way they did it is a bit different from what I'm used to. So it's taking longer. Also in the middle of looking for a new paid job so I don't end up living on the street or something.

Locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »
Thanks CyberWarriorX,

I did get saves to work but I'll try the development build for fun.

Good luck with the job hunt.

cabfenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »
Nothing significant. I'm trying to dump the last bit of text that's stored as sprites. I'm almost there but the way they did it is a bit different from what I'm used to. So it's taking longer. Also in the middle of looking for a new paid job so I don't end up living on the street or something.

Thanks for the update and good luck with the job thing.

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »
Is this still being worked on?

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2016, 03:08:03 pm »