News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Bubble Bobble Deluxe (NES)  (Read 4240 times)

Polar Hacker

• View Profile
Re: Bubble Bobble Deluxe (NES)
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 04:00:05 pm »
That's right. If the Crystal Ball does not appear, a special item will appear in its place, and because you have to finish the level normally, you skip to the boss, and you get the Bad End. I thought it would be easy to find the single variable (presumably) responsible for that, but it's always easier said than done, right? I didn't have time look into how we could cancel the 2nd player requirement.
No worries.  ;) Any idea on how to move the secret door so that it is in the exact same spot as the crystal ball? I can't seem to find the location where it's stored to move it.

Polar Hacker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 11:45:46 am »
It's been a while since my last update, but progress has been going well. Almost all the levels are complete. A new font has been added, and rings have replaced the clovers for the bonus levels. I experimented with the colours, and decided to go with the first option. Now it's time to go back and refine older levels, as well as beta testing  ;D

Spoiler:
Final Ring Design:

Alternative Ring Design:

Polar Hacker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 11:23:11 am »
Progress has been steady since my last update. I have been beta testing the levels and noting bugs I have experienced. I have gone through all the levels, and now it's time to go back and fix the bugs. I also have a few changes I'd like to make, but don't know where to start. Some include changing the speed of the player when a sneaker is obtained, removing the 2-player requirement for beating the game, and changing when the extra life is given to a player while defeating the boss. For now, level B2 acts as a way to tell the player to have 2-players before the boss.

Spoiler:

If anyone has any ideas on how to make these changes, please let me know. It's much appreciated!  :)

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 08:10:21 pm »
I like how it's looking, you did put alotta love into this hack.  :woot!:
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...