News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PSX] Silent Hill :: Disabling Languages - Need Help  (Read 2601 times)

SWAP

• View Profile
[PSX] Silent Hill :: Disabling Languages - Need Help
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:39:21 am »
I've past one or two hours comparing the two options files, (Original + Russian Patched)
And i've found the line for lock the language selection...
But is locked on english.

The game a 5 language selector in the original form. English, German, French, Spanish, Italian

MODIFIED:    24 18 60 00 0B 80 02 3C 34 00 A3 A0 00 1E 03 00 (Russian, Lang. Locked on English)
ORIGINAL:   23 18 62 00 0B 80 02 3C 34 00 A3 A0 00 1E 03 00 *(All languages selectable)

24 = English (Or russian, if patched)
XX = German
34 = is French
XX = Spanish
XX = Italian

But if i change the number, when i check if it's locked, the game crash, and i dont know what i need to write for replacing the 60...

I've do my best, can you help me with this little line? Please!

OPTIONS FILE + COMP:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q64pyo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:37:54 am by SWAP »

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] Silent Hill :: Disabling Languages - Need Help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:48:56 pm »
It's just me or we don't understand what the problem is??
Maybe you should start with something like:
The game a 5 language selector in the original form.
The russian patched version has no language selection and its locked to russian (probably because they was so careless that they did destroy the other languages).
The bytes changed in the various versions are:
RUSSIAN:      24 18 60 00 0B 80 02 3C 34 00 A3 A0 00 1E 03 00
FRANÇAIS:    23 18 62 00 0B 80 02 3C 34 00 A3 A0 00 1E 03 00
Italian: xxxxxxxx
German: xxxxxxxxxxx
I am translating the game to .... (don't really matters) and i want to this language to be  ..... (locked/selectable are the options in this case) in the option menu.
How do i do this??

SWAP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »
What I've explained above is that there have 5 languages ​in the ​menu option, once the Russian patch applied, they are all off.

I would do the same thing with the original file of the game, and keep only the active French language, such as English for version patched.

The first line shows the changed file, the second the original without modification ...

EDIT: Open the option.bin file in Hex Editor and look for the ''second'' line, maybe you understand...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:10:20 pm by SWAP »

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:38:00 am »
Is it possible that the russian translation is the first language in the file??
If you want to selectively activate or disactivate a language, you will probably need asm changes.
Even then, you still need to keep that language intact and probably even at the same offset because all the languages are inside the same file.

SWAP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
Is it possible that the russian translation is the first language in the file??
If you want to selectively activate or disactivate a language, you will probably need asm changes.
Even then, you still need to keep that language intact and probably even at the same offset because all the languages are inside the same file.

Yes the patch uses the English files, and I do not want to remove the language, but disabled it, as the patch, other language are always present but not selectable ... ex: i can continue my save in french, the languages are deactivated because the font messed up the text in the other.