News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Detective Conan - The Legendary Treasure of Strange Rock Island (GBC) 99%done  (Read 4969 times)

Mikh

• View Profile
I know Psyklax planned on doing the trilogy but I got tired of waiting and just decided to take matters in my own hands.

I have mz doing the translation
And I'm editing his work to make sure its perfect or close to that.

The translation is DONE!
All that is left is Editing the script, if you would like to help just let us know!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:15:36 pm by Mikh »

Seihen

• View Profile
Re: Detective Conan - The Legendary Treasure of Strange Rock Island (GBC)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:07:18 am »
Totally support this 100%! Would love to see more Conan games in English. Hulu Japan just released nearly all the movies and the first ~4 seasons for all-you-can-watch Conan action, so I've been in a huge Conan kick lately.

Any reason why everyone is starting with the GBC games and not trying any of the GBA ones? Just curious.

Mikh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:13 am »
Personally I'd like to translate all the gameboy and gameboy advance games.

but my main translator is interested in doing the GBC games and maybe one GBA. Id have to get ppl that know how to mod the original gameboy games and the GBA games. But its hard to find ppl that have the time or the skills to help. Although working for my team has good percs to help.

Anyway my plan is to do all of the hand held conan games.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »
but my main translator is interested in doing the GBC games and maybe one GBA.
Hey, I'd love to help you with all the Conan games that we manage to hack.

I just said that I preferred doing the GBC games first. I consider them the best games and they're easy enough to hack.

I recently finished playing through the whole first GBA game. It's very decent, but it's mostly an action game with a few puzzles here and there. To make it look good, we'll need to add a VWF at the the very least.

Anyway, since you haven't done it yet, I've uploaded a few screenshots of my translation here:

(Don't mind the broken English; these texts haven't been edited by Mikh yet. :P)

EDIT: the final patch is available now: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2880/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:21:27 pm by mz »
There has to be a better life.

Mikh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »
I cant wait to do the GBA one. But I'm a big fan of the anime so as long as I have translators and the roms can be modded we will do as many games as we can.

Thanks MZ for the screenshots.

Do you guys want a demo patch at some point or would you rather we wait until the whole thing is finished?

The ETA for the release is late June early July.

Mikh

• View Profile
Finally its done! Well Almost. It's been fully Translated all i need to do is Proof read and edit. There is a lot of text in this game so if anyone want to help it will get this done alot quicker.

If I end up doing it myself. Release Date will be July 15th.

Chael

• View Profile
so sad that it's canceled :(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:29:41 pm by Chael »

Chael

• View Profile
Wow this was finally released, unexpected surprise : http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2880/

Congratulations and thank you mz!

If you don't have a flashcard and need real hardware feedback on the menus thing just tell me what to test.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
If you don't have a flashcard and need real hardware feedback on the menus thing just tell me what to test.
Thanks! You could download xdeltaUI to apply the latest patch (v0.03) on a clean Japanese ROM and see if the menu screen works now (pressing start once you get control of Conan). v0.02 and earlier would show random text and you couldn't save or configure the game.

By the way, please use this thread from now on to report something: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,23531.0.html (so we don't have multiple threads about the same translations!)
There has to be a better life.