News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 576060 times)

Ryochan

• View Profile
    • Warped Lodgic
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2008, 07:23:34 am »
Well, I'm a little timid with introductions but...

Name's Ryochan.  I've played ROMS since I knew about them, and games since I was little at the Commodore 64 was out.   I love collecting games, playing them, etc., and have slowly gone from a general interest of games, to an interest in things like anime, to Japanese, and so on and so forth.

I am not very good with doing things like hacking or coding, though I would love to learn (it'd take me forever, but I learned HTML and Tables basically on my own), and I'm a novice translator for games that I like.  Lately, I've been getting more and more into seeing what I can do with things, especially since my Playstation was hijacked by my cousins for a while (Forcing me to play my precious games on my machine T_T), and I hope to learn things from here, and maybe eventually see about helping with something!

For now though, I will lurk, learn and see what all goes on!
Who needs a signature?  After all I'd only say something random, stupid, or throw in my latest insanity...

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2008, 02:10:29 pm »
good idea, it's always smart to learn the community, the rules, and just the unofficial conduct. Hope we can help you in your romhacking interests in the future.

welcome.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

theRedPress

« Reply #282 on: February 15, 2008, 10:57:04 pm »
Hey hey hey.  Well my name is Brent, you can call me that or tRP or Red or something along those lines.  Anyway I'm not sure who is still around, and who might even remember me, but once upon a time I called myself FearGaia.  I'm responsible for that SRW patch that was finished by mr Zhi at some point, and the original DQ12r project that was passed off to RPGOne.  Other than that I don't really have any credits :p

But anyway, I don't romhack anymore - but occasionally I stop in to grab a patch here or there.  Figured I'd join and say hello, see if any of the old crew was still hanging about?

I'm a progressive rock musician now, and I also make old school games in my free time.  That's about it.

ArBeWhat

« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »
Gasp. Shock. Horror.

Very few, if any of you know me, and even if I was using one of my many, MANY old usernames, I doubt anyone would remember me then. I've been on the rom hacking scene since pre-2000, which I think is an achievement, considering I'm only 17. I recognize lots of the members here from various old boards, and I think now I'm old enough to finally integrate myself with half of you, since I've strayed away from the likes of my first ever post on a rom hacking board, which was an insult about Tauwasser and sex toys.

So anyway. Hi.

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »
so you were like 9 huh? nice, welcome to RHDN
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Y0u

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 29, 2008, 02:29:52 am »
Hmm, I just stumbled onto this thread.  I've been following the emulation/hacking scene since '01, although I simply don't have the patience to do much hacking (I've tried a couple of times, and was pretty determined to figure out at least basic hacking when I first found out about it.) I felt really proud of myself finally figuring out a bit of hex editing!  (It was expanding the Portopia ROM to apply the translation patch, for some reason the expander program wouldn't work for me.)

MegaBassFalzar

« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2008, 02:53:04 pm »
So hey, I'm new, been hacking Megaman ROMs for quite a while, I've gotten the hang of Hex editors for the most part, decided to start on Pokemon.

Nintenlord

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2008, 12:13:57 pm »
New in here, I've been hacking since last summer. I concentrate mostly on GBA Fire Emblem games. I'm also learning to program with C#. Hi.

Reaper Man

• Two Words:
    • View Profile
    • Brad Corrupts
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2008, 01:03:05 am »
welcome the 3 of you, since it seems as though everyone else here is too lazy to say it ;p

Crysta Blade

• Star Lancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2008, 07:54:20 pm »
Let's see...I'm a long time viewer of the forums, been doing minor game edits with a hex editor for the past year and I'm currently replacing the all-caps text in Secret of the Stars.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2008, 08:21:26 pm »
( ゚ ヮ゚) Howdy!
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Roth

• View Profile
    • Robert L. Bryant
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2008, 12:12:41 am »
Heya, I'm Roth, and I suck at intros! Anyway, I also suck at ROM hacking, but I have an interest in it. I actually just finished doing something hack-wise, though it's just through use of an editor. And yes, I am fine with the fact that I am at best a level designer ; ) If you really want to see it, you can dig through the crap on my personal site and check it out.

Besides that, there's not much to say.

Sonikku7

• Diehard fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and Doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2008, 07:34:24 pm »
Hi, I'm Sonic.
I'm new to the ROM Hacking scene but I've almost completed my first hack.  I'm interested in programming and game design and I'm also learning how to build Doom WADS.  I plan on joining the U.S. Military as I am a ROTC cadet in college.  I enjoy fitness and Martilal Arts as well as video gaming.  Sonic is my favorite.  If you are into Youtube, send me a friend invite at www.youtube.com/SonicTheHedgehog127.  I make various videos about speed runs, ROM hacks, Doom WADS, and remixed music.  You can say I'm a multimedia type of person. 

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2008, 09:12:36 pm »
Welcome, soldiers!

I plan on joining the U.S. Military as I am a ROTC cadet in college. 
Which branch?
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Sonikku7

• Diehard fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and Doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2008, 11:23:56 pm »
Welcome, soldiers!

I plan on joining the U.S. Military as I am a ROTC cadet in college. 
Which branch?

Army.  Branching Infantry. 

serhat09

« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2008, 12:38:23 am »
Hi, new here. I just found this website, and I'm glad I did, I need some help with some games.  :)

Marvin626

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:59 am »
Hi everybody...

well, i 'm actually not a hacker, i 'm only a sprite ripper, i 've done many rips, specifically from the super robot wars series of games (any system)

i 'm here because i hope i can get an answer for the ps2 SRW alpha(2 and 3) games, it involves decoding garbled graphics...

i hope we can get along, and i can get that answer :)...

(now then, it' s against the rules to ask questions for sprite ripping, not hacking?...)

Aegis

« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2008, 03:00:48 pm »
Hi. I'm aegis (preferably written in lowercase), 14 years old, from Finland, and, well, I just like ROM hacking. I've been cracking copyprotections before and know a little 6502 assembly so it's pretty easy for me. Also, I am in the demoscene (aegis/dss^gmi).

Not much more to say I think. Oh, yeah, I'm a tracker musician. I also tend to overuse brackets when writing text (like now).

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2008, 03:30:06 pm »
Welcome to RHDN!

Tracker musician? What's that?

Oh, and I'm sure this is probably very...American of me, but I love Nightwish (dunno if you're familiar with them or not, they're a Finnish Symphonic Metal band, one of my absolute favorites).

And wow. At 14 you're already into this? Congrats.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Aegis

« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2008, 04:20:45 pm »
Quote from: DarknessSavior
Tracker musician? What's that?

I make music with trackers. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker.

Oh, and I'm sure this is probably very...American of me, but I love Nightwish (dunno if you're familiar with them or not, they're a Finnish Symphonic Metal band, one of my absolute favorites).

Yeah, they used to be very popular here. Personally, I can't stand most metal (unless it's glam or progressive), electronic music is more into my taste.

And wow. At 14 you're already into this? Congrats.

Thanks.