News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 641769 times)

Strisciaverde

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1380 on: February 07, 2021, 08:00:35 am »
Hi everyone, I joined because I'm recently discovering the world of retrogaming. I hope to find some translated release and to learn something more about these games. Happy to meet you all :beer:

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #1381 on: February 07, 2021, 03:44:37 pm »
Um, hi? I kinda forgot to introduce myself, and my account is already some days old, and the date can't be undone so what hasn't been done will now be done now, I guess. Oops! I am currently working on some translations. You can view my website (which is written in portuguese) in my signature. Don't want to turn this into an advertisement post, just want to say about it's existence.
"If you can't do everything,do everything you can"

Jakesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 07, 2021, 03:57:09 pm »
Howdy!
I've gotten into ROM hacking and translations of ROMs for a while now, I've messed around with some NES games' text and sprites. I have gotten many resources from this site and its forums, and I wanted to learn how to edit games from other platforms like the SNES, so i decided to register. It's nice to meet y'all :thumbsup:

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 08, 2021, 10:15:14 am »
Hi! I'm Cyneprepou4uk, which is a Russian word "Супергеройчик" written with Latin letters.

11 May 2014 I've launched FCEUX and made my very first hack for Tecmo World Cup Soccer game. Since then I was making hacks for a tournament community for 5 years. Never would have guessed that I'll be interesting in NES romhacking.

I've never played many popular games back in 90s, so I don't have lots of interesting hacks or particular plans, I'm just doing whatever I feel like and sharing my knowledge with others  :)

rickortiz85

• View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:24 am »
I'm Rick from New York. At the moment I'm working on a big video gaming project where you can find all the consoles and video games that you can think of.

Capt. Strugglebunny

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1385 on: February 23, 2021, 01:33:09 am »
Hi all,

My name is Andy, and I'm an American living in Japan. My interests are video games, programming, and translation (ja-JP -> en-US), so I figured this community might be up my alley.

I've worked for a brief time as a video game translator and translation proofreader, and it is something I'd like to get back into.
If you have a need for a translator whose skills are a little rusty, feel free to DM me. I'm mostly interested in retro games that haven't seen release in the West (are there still any left out there?), demos, alpha/beta versions of released games, etc.

Thanks for having me here!

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #1386 on: February 23, 2021, 08:05:01 pm »
Hi all,

My name is Andy, and I'm an American living in Japan. My interests are video games, programming, and translation (ja-JP -> en-US), so I figured this community might be up my alley.

I've worked for a brief time as a video game translator and translation proofreader, and it is something I'd like to get back into.
If you have a need for a translator whose skills are a little rusty, feel free to DM me. I'm mostly interested in retro games that haven't seen release in the West (are there still any left out there?), demos, alpha/beta versions of released games, etc.

Thanks for having me here!

Welcome Capt. Check out the Help Wanted Ads section. Folks are always looking for translators. I seem to remember Pennywise mentioning he's waiting on a translation for Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken. I don't know if he has a translator or not.

If you want to take a stab in the dark, I have a bunch of available scripts you can translate. You'll need to find someone to do the hacking once you're done (or hand it back to me and I'll try to do that) but there are some posted here: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25981.0

There may also be others for the PCE in particular here: https://pcengine.proboards.com/thread/758/pce-raw-scripts

The_Quantum_Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 24, 2021, 04:18:05 am »
Hi, everyone! My name is Thomas and i'm a sophomore in college. I have a big interest in Super Mario 64 and have just recently wormed my way into the romhacking world! I hope to learn about the whole process and maybe one day make my own hack  ::)

Glad to be here!  :woot!:

This has truly sparked a new interest

Capt. Strugglebunny

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1388 on: February 24, 2021, 04:24:17 am »
Welcome Capt. Check out the Help Wanted Ads section. Folks are always looking for translators. I seem to remember Pennywise mentioning he's waiting on a translation for Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken. I don't know if he has a translator or not.

If you want to take a stab in the dark, I have a bunch of available scripts you can translate. You'll need to find someone to do the hacking once you're done (or hand it back to me and I'll try to do that) but there are some posted here: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25981.0

There may also be others for the PCE in particular here: https://pcengine.proboards.com/thread/758/pce-raw-scripts

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have a look around. If I decide that I'd like to work on one of your projects, I'll DM you.

pimimihu

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 03, 2021, 04:51:09 am »
Hey everyone. I'm a highschool senior who's almost done with college apps (Going to school for Computer Science, or maybe Electrical Engineering, who knows?). I got into computers by playing emulators and trying to figure out how Romhacking works, back in sixth grade or so. Since then, my interests deviated and I spent most of my time programming and breaking Linux installs :).

resurrecta

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 04, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »
Hi everyone,

I ended up here because I saw some NBA JAM mods. I noticed this forum contains a lot of useful material and tips.
For a long time, I have been doing sprite edits and I'm part of a 2-man "team" working on "Supreme MK3", we have a Youtube Channel.

EggRick

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 06, 2021, 10:27:18 am »
Hi, im EGG RIIIICK, Im new at romhacking, I mostly enjoy rpg hacks and translation, i hope one day release a hack of my own

Frieshansen

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 17, 2021, 05:37:20 am »
Hi. In the last years (or even better decades) I've landed here again and again. Right now because of the disassembly of Donkey Kong on the NES. I want to understand how exactly things were created and how things work.

Voltaire99

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 22, 2021, 02:11:47 pm »
Hi, I have ~10 years experience programming, C++ mostly, but I also have alot of experience reverse engineering.  I never did much reversing of "retro" games but after watching some speed run videos I've gotten really interested in the topic.  Anyways, thanks to all the people posting information here, there really is quite a bit to learn here

gopinulu

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 26, 2021, 01:37:50 am »
Hi, just joined up - I'm interested in PC-Engine hacks at the moment.  :thumbsup:

missgalvin

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2021, 11:01:45 am »
Hi! My name is Carla, and I live in Lisbon, Portugal.

I've been into games since, I'd say, the late 90s? Since then, gaming became a part of my life. I used to translate FFVIII to a child I used to babysit - no dictionary used! - when I realised I quite enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I never pursued it, convinced that I would never be successful, so I ended changing careers to IT. I felt that people wouldn't take me seriously if I revealed my preference for a career in the videogaming industry.

A recent life event made me stop and rethink my life. Looking at what I've been doing these last years, I've been trying to learn skills for the sake of having a job. But it's not what I truly want.

I have a BA in Foreign Languages (English, French, and Spanish), and I'm such a language nerd (but an awful linguistic) that I picked up programming as well. That said, at the moment, I'm trying to get into Game Localization. I also want to put my C/C++ knowledge to use (maybe in hacking?).

Sorry for the long text, I tried to keep it short and relevant.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:58:00 pm by missgalvin »

BleurCQ

• Pixel Artist and Retro Gamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 01, 2021, 10:55:01 am »
Hi, my name is Javier Adrian but the Gamer Nickname is Bleur.
I am 23 Years old.

I'm from Jalisco, Mexico, and i always loved videogames and by extension, the hackrom world.
I have experience with Pixel Art (freelancer) and remixing or remaking  old Music (freelancer too)

To be honest i don't know what to say, maybe I'm less interesting than i expected. I wanted to post my first hack ever done: a small re balance for Final Fantasy 1. I know it has a lot of hacks, but i love the franchise and always dreamed to do a extense hack by myself.
Want a Music Cover Commission in 8bit, or Digital Sound?
Need a Pixel Art or GIF Animation?

I'm your man then, ask freely!

xiqosixi

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 06, 2021, 03:39:39 am »
Hi, my name is Javier Adrian but the Gamer Nickname is Bleur.
I am 23 Years old.

I'm from Jalisco, Mexico, and i always loved videogames and by extension, the hackrom world.
I have experience with Pixel Art (freelancer) and remixing or remaking  old Music (freelancer too)

To be honest i don't know what to say, maybe I'm less interesting than i expected. I wanted to post my first hack ever done: a small re balance for Final Fantasy 1. I know it has a lot of hacks, but i love the franchise and always dreamed to do a extense hack by myself.

Hello and welcome ;)

YuzucchiNyan

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 06, 2021, 02:33:14 pm »
Hi, I'm YuzucchiNyan, also known as Yuzu or Sweets Prince.

My main passion is messing with Monster Hunter games for different systems, just now I "finished" my english translation patch for one of the PS2 games and decided to see where I could announce/upload it to, so as to preserve it and reach more people.

I'm also interested in learning to mod and hack older games for older consoles.

micklejacklson

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 09, 2021, 09:20:42 am »
Hi all. Im newbie. Nice to be a part of this community!