News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 372268 times)

kalsonic

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1060 on: December 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am »
Hello everyone. I've just registered because I'm interested in any effort to translate the PS1 game: Racing Lagoon.

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 26, 2017, 12:13:51 pm »
welcome all new comers! :beer:
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

fridaywitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 27, 2017, 02:28:15 pm »
ohaider!  Name is fridaywitch!  I'm a retro broadcaster on twitch and a Tetris addict.  I definitely have been trying to get good enough to qualify at the Classic Tetris World Championships.

I recently learned how to romhack Tetris and code in C#, and I started work on a Tetris randomizer!  Kinda excited to be a part of the romhacking community.

<3

Bluckoo

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 31, 2017, 01:51:19 am »
Hi, everyone I'm Bluckoo I make "Sprite Only Hacks"

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
Hi! I'm a new member who signed up in order to upload various hacks and patches for other people to make use of for FF6. I probably won't post much, but I will upload things now and then. My first upload will be a single zip file with a set of five patches (and a readme) for changing five various relics so that the character Celes' command of "Runic" will become "Shock".

ChaosPrime8

• View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: December 31, 2017, 10:42:29 pm »
Hello, this is ChaosPrime8 and my focus are on Zelda games.  I have been editing the Legend of Zelda on the NES and the objective is to re-organize the level design to make the game play more fair.  The other is working on A Link to the Past by removing several barriers to match its design to the Zelda1 while also balancing the mechanics.  I also plan on making hacks of 8-Bit handhelds in the future. 

deewelch

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 02, 2018, 02:24:18 am »
 Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. For my background, I'm a Web Designer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.
Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"

AtanoKSi

• Musician, Bootleg collector and romhacker
    • View Profile
    • Join my Tomba! (Tombi!) discord server!
« Reply #1067 on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:27 am »
Hi there, I'm new here and I think I must say hi!
I'm AtanoK, a 22 years old Spanish musician and a retro player and I don't consider it but I'm technically a graphic designer too.
I collect bootleg consoles and games (Mostly nes and famicom clones), but recently got very involved with romhacking projects just for fun,
for now I have this projects:

• An almost finished smb1 romhack (I guess I'm calling it AtanoK Si Bootleg Adventure :laugh:) with all graphics, music, text and almost every level being changed to my own... Things?
  • Started a ninja gaiden I romhack, managed to modify all the main character sprites, all the intro movie sprites and text too, and WANTED to modify music, but since I know nothing of programming I can't save my life to do it. (When I end with my smb1 romhack I probably keep trying with this one)
  • Can't consider this a project, more like a future project, but modified the smb3 main sprite, and well I plan to have my own music and sprites for the whole game in the future
  • A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES version) where I've modified the title screen and a character. I wanted to do this game so bad but for some reason the sprites are really hard to modify due the way they appear on my sprite editor. :banghead:
Whatever, I love this forum because there is a lot of info and people interested in retro games!
So if somebody wants to know something about my romhacks, music, or just talk about games or whatever, I'm here!
笑i like bootlegs and stuff笑

Join my Tomba! (Tombi!) discord server!
https://discord.gg/A4ZpY74

TekMek

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 03, 2018, 05:08:05 pm »
Hi and nice to meet you all!
I'm a complete noob when it comes to messing about with roms but I do hope I can learn a thing or two in this forum :)

Currently I'm trying to add voices in the english version of Yugioh GX Tag Force 3 and if I do succeed I'll try and add it to the other games as well.

I do hope I'll get along with you all  :)

Archeia

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 04, 2018, 06:02:30 am »
Hello! Nice to meet you! I joined because I have an interest in rom hacking and translation.

bruplex

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 08, 2018, 05:50:24 pm »
Top o' the morning to you all!

Well, it took me long enough. I've been enjoying many of your games over the years and finally decided to jump into the community. Some of you may recognize my username from Gamefaqs.com where I was an original moderator, serving in that thankless role for 10 years. I'm probably going to spend the next few months reading up on hacks and how they are done, but one of these days I may dive in and try my hand at a Kid Icarus hack for the NES.

Nice to be on board here -

Taralyn

• View Profile
    • Watch me on Twitch!
« Reply #1071 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »
Long time downloader, first time commenter.

Heya, I'm Taralyn. I'm a speedrunner and graphical designer who just recently branched a little into doing graphical edits of rom files. I'm no coder or anything, I just make things look pretty.

Xorceles

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 15, 2018, 04:55:45 pm »
hi to all of you
I'm Xorceles a Pixel art artist(a noob one) i love all kind of soft i am a software collector i been downloading tools here before romhacking used the login code in downloads this is my beloved site for tools :P,i been working in the thing SLUS_203.71 (ps2) some simple crosshairs mods and now I'm currently trying to mod ocarina of time USA 1.2 :banghead:
nice to meet you all :)
and thanks to romhacking for all the tools and to all those hackers who have the time to share theirs awesome tools and creations again thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Kylikeit

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 16, 2018, 09:03:10 pm »
The name's Kyle, but just call me Kylikeit. I'm rather interested in ROM hacks, and I'm always looking for new and exciting ones. I've got a bit of an idea for one, but I probably have much to learn before I can make one. Anyway, I've been downloading files from here for a very long time and I've finally decided I should actually contribute.

X-9ⵌ

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 18, 2018, 06:55:15 am »
Greeting for everyone. I'm X-9ⵌ, from Russia. Mortal Kombat and Tekken fan, especially old parts. I made some grafic mods for emulators with custom texture support, like Dolphin and PPSSPP. Now i want made it for ROMs, to play on the original systems. But I do not have knowledge of programming, to the same English is not my native language. I really hope that i will find like-minded people that they will be able to help in this difficult matter.

Lhadatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:35 am »
Hi! I'm learning Japanese and wanting to get experience translating video games.  I have some programming experience in an academic setting, but the world of hacking is mostly foreign to me.  I used to think I wanted to make games, but discovered that it wasn't for me (at least as a career goal) and now I'm aiming towards becoming a localizer!

DJPlace

• my reaction to everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 24, 2018, 10:03:21 pm »
kinda new here i guess. I'm thinking about help out by reviewing ROM hacks translated games i like so yeah...

guess i posted something wrong i guess...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:24:31 pm by DJPlace »

TakuikaNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 28, 2018, 03:24:37 am »
Hi! I'm new here, and I'm already working on a ROM hack. Hopefully, this will become my new hobby!

arseniy

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 09, 2018, 10:26:14 am »
Hi. I hold the site theguardianlegend.com
Also make music and some games.
Going to post about Tiny Toon Adventures NES.

February 11, 2018, 02:50:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
What was the problem with my Tiny Toon topic? Can you at least say the reason you deleted it so I could make topic correctly?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:50:33 am by arseniy »

Damian79

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 12, 2018, 12:05:13 am »
Hi, I have been a gamer for about 30 odd years now.  I have no skills in hacking or translations.  I want to get a translation for the DS game "Uncharted Waters IV: Rota Nova", I am pissed off that we never got one because of the themes in that game.  I can be a funder but I dont know how much such a project would cost per month.  If anyone could give me an idea of what I am looking at, it would be much appreciated.