News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 598372 times)

budd_mann_79

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #820 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »
so, my name is Buddy (Real name is Calvin.)
my favorite systems to emulate are any that i can figure out (such as snes9x, FCEUX, Fusion, etc.)
i'm thinking of making a hack myself, but i dunno.
i look forward to maybe working with you in the future :)

MegaEliteGamers

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 02, 2016, 12:03:30 am »
Hey Buddy. I'm hoping to work on a hack of something one day too. What games do you like and think you would want to hack?

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 02, 2016, 01:56:43 am »
Just got into the scene and looking at some snes gems that we sorely did not receive in the west.  Really wish I knew Japanese.
I remember someone  looking for help in the fire emblem 4-5 retranslations. Look for project naga
Re taking hajimari no ishi!

DukeOdin

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 02, 2016, 07:22:25 am »
hi every 1
i joined this forum to learn how to hack and translate roms and
i know a little bit of it and hoping
to make alot of them wish me luck 

Greyfox

• Inspired to always learn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 02, 2016, 07:49:17 am »
S, I'm greyfox, real name Rafael, i have 30 years old, and i am from the cool and beautiful land of Brazil! I always was fascinated with NES video games, and this is definitely my favorite console, ever. I've recently discovered the beautiful world of hacking, i love math and i am an
automation engineer, been studying to start my first game, i will mod first the game metroid for the NES, maybe until February i had this done, i hope so. So, thank you guys for every material is here, and excuse the bad grammar OK? And the hacker that inspired me was "bisqwit", he did the great hack at the game Castlevania 2!  8)

donoho

• View Profile
« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2016, 11:49:42 pm »
Donoho

Been gaming since Atari 2600.  I play for fun and not for competition (because my skills top out at providing an entertaining challenge).

That said, I haven't felt the need to prove anything to anyone since I beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES.

I collect more than I play now (with an unrealistic intent to play) because about 20 yrs ago I turned my worklife into an (enjoyable) RPG so now I'm a full blown workaholic.

Deathscythe_48

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 05, 2016, 11:57:54 am »
I'm Deathscythe Call me Death or Heero whatever if you want to call me ;D,i'm new here since i wanted to become an rom hacking
so i decided to login in here.... i'm sorry before because i don't know this website doesn't exist
my friend tell me lately this website has awesome stuff and super rom hack from different country
 :thumbsup: and yeah this is going to be awesome..

I want to see this website for more and even more... so i can learn experience from myself.

::)
I'm Deathscythe don't worry i won't kill you,but i want your soul...

bobbajo

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 06, 2016, 04:11:02 am »
Hey all, just stumbled across this website here at 3am looking for memory maps.

My name is bobbajo, aka dama1138 in the twitch speedrunning world (I run Super Mario World for SNES). I'm 25 years old, a male, and live in an apartment in the midwest. Most of my waking hours I'm working or hanging out with my girlfriend. When I can, I squeeze in some programming or gaming. What am I saying? I can always find time... the nights are long. Coffee is my friend. My girlfriend bears with me... hopefully.

Right now I've taken my first plunge into the RAM of The Legend of Zelda, which is one of my favorite games. Using the RAM search/watch tools I've isolated and noted different places for cool stuff like health, items, and other values. I plan on maybe making a full hack that's exploration-based. You can't really explore the game without worrying about dying, so I'd like to solve that.

Anyway, I'd like to get to know some other people with these interests. Lord knows I have none irl. Enough about me, what's going on friends?

Candra Software

• I'm a thing of the past now
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 07, 2016, 12:15:52 am »
I checked out some of the ROM hacks on this site, including Battletoads & Double Dragon: Dark Queen Rematch. I used to like doing a little bit of ROM Hacking for Streets of Rage 2 and 3.

Terrible gamer here.

Kamikaze Scotsman

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 07, 2016, 11:11:16 pm »
Hi everyone.

I mainly joined to fill in a few missing values in the RAM maps for the NES Mega Man games. However, I figured since I have to register anyway, I might as well participate, so if anyone is working on an NES hack and would like a little help finding something or figuring what's going on in the code, feel free to contact me.

drunkenmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 08, 2016, 12:31:45 am »
Hi, I am drunkenmaverick (megamanx517 on Yahoo), I am from Columbia, SC, and I'm 33 years old.

I have been playing video games since '84, though mostly arcade games (My first arcade game is Galaga, by the way.) I didn't have a console until Christmas of 1988, that was the date when I had the NES Deluxe Set and it was bundled with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt and the console was hooked up to an old black-and-white TV  :laugh:.

I have first heard about this site from a link on a Yahoo Group called '4EmulatorsandRoms' back in early 2000, it was also the same time I heard about Zophar's Domain, as well.
.//drunkenmaverick

McDougs

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:35 am »
Hey guys! Names Steven, I joined up so I could get my hands on an pokemon emerald hack. Looking to have a cozy night collecting 'em all and binging on its always sunny in philedelphia  8) I'll try to be an active member and  contribute to topics of conversation n'all that good jazz  :beer: Cheers!

GoldenTalesGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 10, 2016, 01:59:09 pm »
Hello! I'm GoldenTalesGeek! You can call me "Golden" or "GTG" for short, if you so wish. My username stems from the fact I'm a big geek who's a fan of the "Golden Sun" and "Tales of..." series. I'm also an avid fan of Doctor Who, as well as some other geeky things like comics and such. I've also been an amateur Let's Player for the last couple of years and am in the planning stages of beginning my 11th LP. Maybe I'll check out a few of the ROM hacks here as part of my series of first impressions videos. If anyone wants to check out my channel, PM me and I will send them a link to my YouTube. I can't promise I'll be a very active member, as I also have a job that has me do some late night shifts. But I'll try to stop by from time to time. :)

CluelessGeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 10, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »
Hi all. I'm CluelessGeezer.  I'm not nearly as old as I sometimes make myself out to be.  I've been gaming since the mid-80s and
am here today to grab an english translation for 7th Dragon. You've helped me out so many times.  Thank you for all that you do here on romhacking!!! 

Imaynotbehere4long

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 10, 2016, 05:21:59 pm »
So, do I have to make a post before I can add an avatar, or am I just blind? I looked in Profile -> Account Settings but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Yeah, I had to make a post first. Thought so.

Anyway, I'm Imaynotbehere4long. I have a few accounts on various forums, though I'm most active on the SMBX forums. I'm actually not that interested in doing hacking myself as I feel it's a bit too steep of a learning curve for me (especially if I wanna do something like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity); in fact, I got an account here pretty much solely because of the false positive fiasco preventing me from downloading translations without one. I might make some more posts if I see something interesting, though...

tom1988

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 11, 2016, 05:47:02 am »
Greetings. I'm tom1988. I'm a fan of Super Metroid and the hacks made for it. I had to make an account since Google seems to be causing problems for guests downloading hacks for games like Super Metroid. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. :)

Grandpaf

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 11, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »
Hello, I'm Grandpaf and I really like ROM hacking in general. Did some lowish hack when I was younger and I could never, since that time, take away my eyes from the community  :beer:
La forĂȘt... en pleine Beauce

BurningTyger

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 12, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
Hey guys, Burningtyger here. I've enjoyed the emulation work you guys have done, so i thought I'd join the team. If you ever need proofreading or editing of  dialogue, I'll be glad to help.

Doffo

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 14, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »
Yoooo!

Just new to the scene.  Always liked to tinker with electronics and such.  Earliest knowledge of hex editing was on my Amiga 1200 many MANY years ago. :) 

I was messing with Wheel of Fortune for the Nintendo a few days ago, and after looking through the rom in a Hex editor, I was changing simple stuff about the game.  As I dug further, it may seem that in order to full edit the game's puzzles, I would have to disassemble and recompile the code to get it to be fully customized.

All good, I just wanted to say hello and for everyone to keep up their good work.  Always nice to see other edited/hacked roms.

Take care! :)

Cato Felix

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 14, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
Cato Felix here.

I'm not new to emulation, but I've been wanting to learn more about the hacking aspect, itself. I'm here mostly because of Fire Emblem, but I'd like to learn anything, really.

I probably won't be a very overtly-active member of the forum, as I'm more a lurker-type than a poster. If I have a question or anything, I'll probably just make sure it hasn't been answered somewhere anywhere else. As I said, though, I'd like to learn as much as I can.

If anyone has any questions or recommendations for FE-related stuff about me, feel free to email.

--
Cato