News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 436025 times)

Spider-Man-Frog

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #700 on: June 20, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »
Hello, I am Tyler! I am new to ROM hacking and this site. I am currently looking for physical copies of ROM hacks (as cartridges) and I need some help finding them. I like Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and Spider-Man ROM hacks. I also like to watch anime and read manga and comics.

Also is there anyone nice enough to tell me how to edit my profile? I went to the profile button near the top of the page, but I can't find where to edit my information other than security question and my password.
3DS Friend Code 3454 - 0540 - 4009

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #701 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:36 am »
I am currently looking for physical copies of ROM hacks (as cartridges) and I need some help finding them.
A lot of people here don't do that. In general there are no game-specific cartridges. There may be programmable cartridges for that - Google will have to be your friend.

Also is there anyone nice enough to tell me how to edit my profile? I went to the profile button near the top of the page, but I can't find where to edit my information other than security question and my password.
No. Just kidding!! Let your mouse hover over Profile but don't click it. A menu pops up offering "Profile Settings". On that screen click on "Modify profile".

TCgamerboy2002

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 09, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »
Hiya, folks! I'm TCgamerboy2002. (no, I'm not born in 2002, that's the year I got this username) I'm a gamer (duh!) and I've been downloading hacks and translations from this site for about a few years.

I'm currently practicing sprite editing, and hope that someday, I can be good enough to contribute. I also have various hack ideas in mind, but they're mostly personal stuff. But I am willing to share on the idea thread.

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:13 pm »
Hello, I'm NiO...

I was searching for several hacks and homebrew on youtube in this last months, never tried to register here because I'm kinda "noob" at all hacking and modding games... in fact I could say I have 0 knowledge about it...

but, I do like to make custom labels for games, some custom artwork and sprite edits, I did tried to makek 2 hacks, but I lost them and I can't finish them, anyways, they were just some graphic modifications

here you can watch what I tried to do (nothing incredible) xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfILJhQZV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96QWEa5Nq-E

here you can see some of my custom labels...
http://s973.photobucket.com/user/nioexe/library/NINTENDO%20AGE?sort=3&page=1

in fact, that thing brings me here, I want to contact Trax to see if I can help him with the cover of his hack (looks incredible) I'm a fan of his work... and well, I just wanted to login, see news and learn from all of you!!

glad to be accepted here :)

oooh and last but not least, I'm working with sprites to add to an unreleased game that Piko INteractive will release, hope to share some progress soon

kepeb

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 12, 2014, 11:54:44 am »
Hello Everyone!
Here to learn about Snes related Hacks etc.
I'm sure i'll be a while catching up on the posts here before i ask any silly questions :)

teamdelibird

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »
Hello all!
I'm here for a reason that may come up a lot and you'll probably groan- I want to learn how to romhack so I can edit the text in my girlfriends favorite game, Ocarina of Time, and propose to her through a rom. If you think you could help me with that, please get in touch with me! Other than that, i think it would be fun to make changes to my own favorite game, Link to the Past, but I have to have priorities!

Saturos

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 18, 2014, 12:32:35 am »
Greetings anybody.
You all may call Saturos.I come from Latvia and joined here because my friend asked me to.
I am right now 16 years old and am abbot to enter high-school. cool huh?
Well my first purpose is to translate game.(ROM)
If someone can help me call me. ;)

Lifelover

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:07 am »
Hi there!
I'm Lifelover. I like soccer games. I'm new to rom hacking. I want to know a few things in order to edit my own ROMs. I hope to find them here on forum.

Salem the Engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »
Greetings humans! I'm the Engineer (not in Romhacking though).

I joined this forum for one reason only (maybe not), that is to mod the voices of Mega Man X4 for PC, and to hopefully have some of the questions I have answered.

LinkSavesHyrule

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2014, 07:09:40 pm »
Hello everyone, LinkSavesHyrule here.

So this is where my search for a fan/translation community has lead me.

Currently I'm going to school to learn Japanese and to eventually teach English in Japan.
I'm a huge fan of retro games, and have enjoyed a few translated ROMs in my time.

While I'm learning Japanese I would love to do my part and give back to the community by translating.

As a longtime fan of the SMT series I would love to help bring over the missing pieces of that series as well.
Here's hoping I'll be of some use!

maldoror68

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 08, 2014, 06:33:22 am »
Hello everybody,

Maldoror68, 32years old, from France.
I'm not really a "romhacker", mostly an eprom burner ,i love repair and modify arcade games, and play with it.

now the hardware part is done I'm interested in the software parts...but I'm really really bad in programs, assemblers & other stuff
so I hope i can find some knowledge here  ::)

BTB

• View Profile
    • Abuse My Nipples Dot Biz
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:01 am »
Hi, my name is Chad and I'm an alcohol... oh, wait, wrong forum.

Anyhow, I've been working with a fellow named Synchysi for about six years now, nearly half of which were spent collaborating on an extensive Final Fantasy VI hack which we named after an Iron Maiden album. We'd been waiting to submit it to what is generally regarded as the Mecca of video game hacks until we were comfortable it had reached a good, solid version with all of the bugs worked out that we were comfortable leaving alone for awhile... until we saw that somebody had already gone and submitted it here for us. So, I figured I'd sign up for an account here because why not?

As for me, I like heavy metal, Swedish redheads (bonus points if they're also wearing an eyepatch), and My Little Pony.

Oh, yeah, and my domain name is abusemynipples.biz

11tw

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »
hi, I'm 11tw

I'm new to coding/hacking of any kind, but I've been using emulators for about 3 years. Love old-school games like Fire Emblem and Zelda, would love to hack them to add modern twists and technical improvements (as much as I love early Fire Emblem games, certain characters are pointless and that makes me sad).

Daimoth

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:12 pm »
Hey forum. I signed up to get my feet wet. Like many newbs, I have a specific project in mind, a Demon's Crest hack. See how far I can take that. IRL I'm an unemployed pixel artist and composer.

Sancelot

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is San Diogo, pleased to meet y'all.
I'm a brazilian student and I came here to learn how to hack Chrono Trigger, cause I intent to propose to my girlfriend through that game. Even though I'm almost graduate in Computer Science, I know there's a lot for me to read. If anyone with wants to help me in this quest, please let me know.   ;D

NinjaTurtle82

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:45 pm »
Hey everyone :) NinjaTurtle82 here, nice to meet you, and wish I made an intro post earlier, but better late than never.

I enjoy old and modern games alike (been playing for 24+ years), mostly platformers, fighting games, some RPGs, and some 1st & 3rd person shooters. I'm no translator/hacker, but I do admire a lot of the work that you guys place here, and have been enjoying them for years. Anyways, hope this is a good intro, and have a good day everyone.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 28, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »
Grimlock here, not really new to the site but I'm new to posting on the message board.  I've been meaning to spend more time here, metroid construction is down right now so hey, great time to start.

I have one full rom hack released: Metroid Incursion (nes)

I'm working on a new Metroid hack under the project name of: Metroid Rogue Dawn
I'm going to create a new thread sometime soon to show off some Rogue goodies.  It's currently a team effort, myself graphics and level design, ASM engine modifications by Snarfblam (creator of Editroid).  We'll be wanting to expand the team in a few areas if people are interested, specifically music editing and in the future game play testing.

GregArashi

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:38 am »
Hello Everyone. The names Greg Arashi and I'm here to learn to hack NES games and make some friends or whatever.

Anyways, I'm currently messing around with the sprite editor on this game "Mendel Palace". I remember playing this as a child but that was it. When I decided to look for this game, I found out it was made by "Game Freak" aka the creators of "Pokemon". So I played it and I fell in love with it and I'm surprise that no one talked about it, or at least on the web somewhere but not many. So I decided to hack it with the easy hacking tools like YY-CHR to mod the protagonist into a different character. So far it was going fine until I found some issue with it.

I'll make another post about it somewhere on this forum because I really need help on it. Just not here.

I hope this forum will help me like this website and a few other sites did.  :cookie:

BloodBoall

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »
Hey! I'm Blood, as you can see and I'm new to ROMhacking and the site. My goal here is to learn how to translate a game's text, translating a certain PS2 game ported to PSP. I have no present knowledge, so very much so hope to build some up and get right to work! I hope I get to know a lot of you and have a wonderful time here. For anyone who can point me in the right direction to start, please do.

EDIT: - It seems I will also require the capacity to insert subtitles into cutscenes... Here's hoping! I will fish through the beginner's pack for guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:50:16 pm by BloodBoall »

kulpdogg

• http://backloggery.com/Kulp
    • View Profile
    • Kulp's video game collection
« Reply #719 on: September 06, 2014, 01:07:40 am »
hey there everyone.
I'm kulpdogg.

I'm here because the RetroN 5 allows IPS patching now and I have a lot of Japanese games!

is there anywhere I can request that someone make a translation ips file for me?
Or fix one that already exists for RetroN 5 compatibility?

Where should I make this new thread?
Thanks!

p.s. if you're curious, here is a list of my video game collection: http://backloggery.com/Kulp
-Kulp
I have a RetroN 5 and a lot of Japanese video games.
Video game collection -- http://backloggery.com/Kulp