News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 586111 times)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2006, 08:50:13 am »
Let's take this OUT of the introductor thread. Continue this discussion elsewhere.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Syntax

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2006, 04:55:46 am »
ello I'm DarkHitomi from Canada B.C.
Where in BC? ;D
lol like I'ed tell someone I don't know that  :P
sides. I'm les o you got not chanse budy hehe sorry  ;D
~Hito

... uh-huh.. *rolls eyes so wide that they fall into his lap* God damnit.

creaothceann

• SPINESHARK
    • View Profile
    • creaothceann's website
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2006, 06:08:13 am »
I'm les o you got not chanse budy hehe sorry  ;D
Great! Me too! We gotta meet some time, eh? :-*

</joke>

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2006, 08:59:24 pm »
Hello, all!

I guess I'm relatively new to rom hacking.  I've been into video games ever since I got a Nintendo God knows when.

I've been sequencing video game music MIDIs (mainly NES) back in 2002.

I made a few NSF covers that are still in the incoming archive at 2a03.org:

http://www.2a03.org/browse.php/2A03/incoming/covers

I decided my first hacking project be a big one:

http://www.famicomworld.com/development/aladdin.htm

Hmm... it seems like the page has been altered as with the rest of the site *damn them*

Anyways, I took some time off to do a small hack of Journey To Silius, but now I turned that into something big, & it's taking much longer than anticipated.  I'm almost done, though.  I keep telling myself that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 03:25:52 pm by Jedi QuestMaster »

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2006, 08:50:32 am »
Welcome to the board.

I took a look at your Aladdin work so far. That's an interesting and original choice for a project. It would be cool if you can fix that game up to be something nice. I know you're still new and learning, but down the road, you will probably want to learn some NES(6502) assembly. That's probably the only way you'd be able to fix some of the glitches in the game, add some new text, etc. Some of those things may be very difficult to do with it. Good Luck with the project.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2006, 10:19:02 am »
In any event, it's looking good so far... those "mug shots" for the password screen are definitely an improvement (especially the Genie and Jafar).

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2006, 04:23:50 pm »
Holy shit, that's some good sprite work. Welcome here.

Oh, so you know - the Aladdin rom has a very strange feature. If you reset the game, you'll sometimes end up with a version of the game that uses Popeye Sprites! See this page for the rom, hope Nightcrawler won't mind since these are all pirates.

http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/dumping.html
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2006, 09:24:55 am »
So that's what it is?  I saw the Popeye sprites there before, but didn't know they were used.  I was going to hack them in & make a Popeye hack.

Apparently, it's the Aladdin II version.

MrForbeez

« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2006, 02:43:59 am »
Hey, I'm a transfer from Acmlm's. I'm considering finding a new board, because there's just too much drama and teenage stupidity for my taste.

Though I admit that they can be helpful and the more elite members release some pretty epic stuff, the general userbase added to the way the mods/owner handle things, I'm finding that place to be more and more of a pain than a community worth going to for help/to help/babbling when I'm in the mood.

So a couple relevant things about me:
I have a working knowledge of ASP and C++ (not so much the C++ anymore because of lack of use), a currently unusable but existant level of understanding of the 6502/65816.
My current project is figuring out everything I need to figure out for making a fairly thorough text editor for Secret of Evermore (in other words, move beyond the words per sentence limitations made by the game, and a couple other details). I'd like to be able to make more editors, but we'll see what happens.

Slightly irrelevant:
I'm 19, a tech, ex military (left coast guard during boot camp due to sickness/anxiety problems, never went back), was sort of a nerd/jock combo in school, graduated when I was 16, been working ever since (well, I was homeless for a little while though, lost the job I had when I moved, then couldn't get another job because I was under 18, thus the coast guard thing) I'm pretty good with FAQs and googling things before asking questions, so there won't be much to worry about when it comes to me being too stupid.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2006, 04:42:22 am »
Welcome to the board  :)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Grindill

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2006, 05:24:51 pm »
(edit: sorry, this was cluttering up most of the page)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:40:50 am by Grindill »

madmalkav

• View Profile
    • www.dragons-spirit.com
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2006, 09:43:49 pm »
Hi. My name is MaDMaLKaV. I'm an alcoholic.
www.dragons-spirit.com

La mejor tienda, unida al mejor pub. Una experiencia única en vivo y online.

SonofMog

• Ho ho kupo
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2006, 11:39:39 am »
Hi MaDMaLKaV.
shaqfu: Like I said, the mere concept of a bat'leth-wielding Moogle did me in.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2006, 04:16:04 am »
Extraordinarily belated hi to you all. I'm Ryusui. I will rule the world someday, me and my little furry friends. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay, and pay attention to me at all times, because it just so happens that I might have something useful to say in the middle of all my insane rantings. *straps himself back into his straitjacket and goes back to translation hacking with a rusty fork clutched between his teeth*
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

lags_80

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2006, 02:54:03 pm »
Hi i'm lags_80 and I really Like Rom hacking..  :) Thanks Googie for the invitation.

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2006, 03:36:39 pm »
Let's see.  Looking at your local time, I'd say you live somewhere on or closer to the east coast.  That's all I can tell from your post/profile.

You need to update your info. :P

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2006, 12:40:09 am »
hi my name is dave,
                                   I am an nes graphic hacking maniac,  if you don't believe me you can download some patches of my hacks from my web page. none of them can be found here yet  because i don't understand how i am to provide my infomation for submission.  well that about sums it up. nice to meet you all.

Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2006, 08:16:37 am »
hi my name is dave,
                                   I am an nes graphic hacking maniac,  if you don't believe me you can download some patches of my hacks from my web page. none of them can be found here yet  because i don't understand how i am to provide my infomation for submission.  well that about sums it up. nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the board.

Can you be a bit more precise on your submission troubles?
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2006, 12:49:30 pm »
Quote from: KaioShin  on: Today at 08:16:37 AM
Can you be a bit more precise on your submission troubles?

yes i know what files they want me to link to but i don't know if i can give the same link for all files because with my web server it's easier for me to put all the files on one page with the site builder other wise i would have to create multiple pages for every hack that i want to upload, and do i have to write a separate read me file, all my hacks have a read me inside there *.zip file.

thanks i hope this explains my problem better.
Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.

Dragon Hellfire

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2006, 07:11:57 pm »
<Dragon_Hellfire>   Heheh
<Dragon_Hellfire>   I've attended the chat room for about 4 months, I think I will join the board now.

You might know me, if not, I can't tell you who I am, I'll stick around so you can find out.