News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 573053 times)

w7n

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #460 on: September 30, 2011, 12:22:10 pm »
w7n here, I'm from China, I am quite skilled in Super Mario Bros. hacking. (I can't do 6502 assembly work yet...)
I come here for some knowledge in ROM hacking, and also I need to improve my English skills(Gonna handle the CET-4 next year, and CET-6 in the future). If anyone sees a grammar mistake or if you can tell me some expressions, just reply to me(Strange request?).

Japanese hackers make a lot of brillant SMB1 hacks, but in the RHDN database I only found my favourite hack, Extra Mario Bros. Here I have some Japanese SMB1 hacks, if you would like to know...
--Kamikaze Mario, 3,4,DX or DX+ recommended. Hacked by 79. Well-known for their mazing routes and puzzling maps, but unfortunately they must be rated 18+ only because the graphics of Mario.
--VS Airman, Hacked by ATA. Choose Mario or Luigi, and fight against Airman. You can even press Start to see the Mega Man style menu, and get E-supplyment. There is an unfinished work VS Yellow Devil, also hacked by ATA.
--Luigi no Nazo(The Mystery of Luigi), Hacked by ATA. Seems to be a common level, but after you defeat Bowser... Where's Luigi? Well, he's yours to discover. There are 3 endings(4 if a common death and then game over included).
--Hard Relay Mario, Hacked by Mana, Rei, SnowArrow, Quark, U1, 79. The game is hard enough because you need to use all kinds of glitches in SMB1. But the design is BEYOND GODLIKE!!!(Holy.... forget it.)

Aorta

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2011, 08:48:24 pm »
Hi,  I'm new here here, obviously.  I know enough about hacking where if the information is already laid out i can do it myself but I would like to be able to discover things on my own.  big sports fan as well.  I have a strong affinity for Mutant League Football and my goal is to build some editors for it.  I have intermediate skills in reading Japanese and look forward to helping the community as soon as i figure stuff out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:58:10 pm by Aorta »

« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm pretty much a complete n00b at hacking ROM's. All I've done so far is a few script changes and editing characters stats in a character editor, but now I've decided to jump in at the deep end by sponging up all the information I possibly can and making a comprehensive hack of FFVIus. I've got some vague ideas on storyline (Based on certain characters from the show 'Community') and setting (and one extremely reluctant 'helper' in this area), and I have all the time in the world to devote to making this a reality.

So, hopefully I can get to know some people here, while I suck up every bit of knowledge you have like a sponge.

Lestat

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
Hi there!

My nickname is Lestat (or m0nsieurl), i'm french, and after years and years to look here, I finally decided to register on this board.

And i hope, help you for some project (and maybe make a port in my own laguage.)

I'm working on holy umbrella for the moment, but when we (some mates help me to translate it) will finish it, i'll enjoy to help you :)

ElBlocko

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2011, 05:51:01 pm »
Hi! I'm ElBlocko, and I've been playing around with Super Mario Bros. 3 and a few other games, mainly Mega Man 3, editing levels, text and such. I'd like to try and get into more serious ROM hacking, though.

Red_M0nk3y

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 31, 2011, 07:36:58 pm »
hi every body i'm Red_M0nk3y
i've been hacking SNES games since 2007. The Super Metroid Phazon hack was my first public released hack.

Ravenfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »
Hey what's up everyone? I'm Ravenfreak, and i've been into ROM hacking for about 2 years now. I've only hacked various Sonic The Hedgehog games and only hacked 2 Pokemon games. I'm 21, and yes i'm a girl. :V I'm currently working on a Sonic 2 SMS hack titled "Sonic 2 Remixed" which is a ASM, and graphic hack. (Though my artistic abilities suck... I usually focus on code first anyways.) I've made 2 incomplete disassemblies of Sonic 1 SMS and Sonic Chaos SMS. My favorite gaming franchise is of course Sonic the Hedgehog, been a fan since 1994.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »
I'm 21, and yes i'm a girl. :V

First mistake made. :P
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #468 on: November 01, 2011, 09:26:06 pm »
snark did it too :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:11:45 am by BRPXQZME »
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2011, 06:22:08 pm »
Hi Everyone,

You probably all won't know me but I was translating/hacking games back from 1998-2004. I worked with many people back then who probably had different aliases or finished with games now. Back in the times of PR Translations, Vida Translations etc...

My most memorable translations were Most of the pokemon series having translated the most of Firered before it was released, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon TCG2, (A poor attempt at Adventures of Arle) although there was some great work put in there.

I am back to finish my work on Arle's Adventure or (Adventures of Arle). As my Japanese is 1000x better and currently no one is even close to the correct dialogue, moves, names etc for the game.

Well great to be back in the community - things have changed A lot!
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jazz#9202

Normmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2011, 12:55:28 am »
Hi Everyone,

You probably all won't know me but I was translating/hacking games back from 1998-2004. I worked with many people back then who probably had different aliases or finished with games now. Back in the times of PR Translations, Vida Translations etc...

My most memorable translations were Most of the pokemon series having translated the most of Firered before it was released, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon TCG2, (A poor attempt at Adventures of Arle) although there was some great work put in there.

I am back to finish my work on Arle's Adventure or (Adventures of Arle). As my Japanese is 1000x better and currently no one is even close to the correct dialogue, moves, names etc for the game.

Well great to be back in the community - things have changed A lot!

I remember you from the old cheatandwin forums from back in early 2000s, I used to go by PmHacks back then. Welcome back.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:16:36 am by Normmatt »

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
« Reply #471 on: November 04, 2011, 01:19:07 am »
Thanks Mate yeah I remember you - good to see a familiar face   ;D
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jazz#9202

ryoko126

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »
Hello everyone I'm ryoko126.  I have no previous knowledge of rom hacking, but that's what I'm trying to do now.  I can do art, but I don't know if that will ever be relevant to anyone here.

Rkey

« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2011, 04:20:02 pm »
'SUP GUYS! Rkey entering the old-school hacking scene!

So, only game I've hacked so far is Brawl, and I worked on the brawl- project which died of. Right now, I'm studying as a programmer and I've made one game on my own so far. I came here because the game I made was made to look, feel and sound like the NES, and I came really close. Thing is, when making games like that, there is a LOT of hassle to have them work for all operating systems. I was hoping I could get into roms so I could start making my games as roms. That way, they will sound like the NES guaranteed, and all computers will be able to play them. Also, romhackers are awesome and I want to be one.

I'll talk to you a lot more in the future. Next step for me is to try to change the graphics to a few games asap to get me started. I hope I'll get to know you guys in the future.

Cheers form Rkey!

Rath

« Reply #474 on: November 15, 2011, 09:05:35 am »
Uhm hey I'm Rath, I don't really know anything about romhacking but I'm hoping to learn. I mainly want to help with translation projects and stuff like that, and maybe learn abit of editing graphics and stuff. ^^'

Spooky Kid

« Reply #475 on: November 25, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »
Hi,
I'm Spooky Kid! 'sup everyone?
I'm a writer(manga, novels and films ect) and I'm a 16 bit freak lol, My main objective is to translate all my favorite games into my home language of Afrikaans! and some in English once I figure out how to make Japanese tables lol

Also I enjoy classic rock and metal, some 80's bubblegum pop and new wave and people think i'm a fun guy...don't know what to say about that,,

If I can help I will do my best, I'm realy new to this and have only completely translated Metroid(nes) cause its so super easy lol! 
Stuff i'm currently working on:
Final Fight 3(actualy almost finished with this, but gonna restart with tough in stead, cause that menu rocks!)
Final Fantasy 3(20 %)
Metroid 2(Having a hard time with this...)
Final Fantasy 7(I'm having a hard time inserting the menu's but i'll take a breather on this first)

The reason I actually started this is to translate Hokuto no ken 6 and 7 and Go Go Ackman 2 and 3 also last bible 3(But God I don't have time for that...) my list just added Digimon tamers for the wonderswan color(but theres those japanese tables again)

Cool,

Hope I make many friends and stuff!

Spooky Kid
(My country just lost it's freedom of speech so I'm in a bit of a V phase now!)

Pencil

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2011, 02:06:39 pm »
I'm Pencil, and I'm here because I want to make good fiction available to everyone, no matter what language they speak. My skills in Japanese, coding, and even understanding how games work are rudimentary, to say the least,  but I'm here to change that. Chances are that I'll be causing a few facepalms, but I'll do my best to learn as much as I can without bothering you guys at every turn.

My main interests tend to flux by the month based on whatever cool tidbits have managed to catch my eye, and I'm currently trying to figure out just what my real passion is. I look forward to learning from you all.

break

• Teaching the unteachable
    • View Profile
    • breaktube's youtube account
« Reply #477 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »
hello all, i am known as break !!

i have a youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube 

made a rom hack of pokemon red recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuNM8au9Hk

join to learn more about romhacking...and to promote my hack  ^_^"

*EDIT* december 12th

thanks again "Nightcrawler" for helping me with "Lunar IPS" tool !! 

* my hack is up and running now *
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:06:21 pm by break »

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

vhr2121

• Vincent Hernandez! Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
    • Vincent's Hidden Gaming Place
« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2011, 05:42:47 pm »
Hello there people! I'm Vincent, also known as vhernandez2121 on Youtube. I've got interest on this kind of thing. I tried to make my own Super Mario Bros. 3 hack, but it wasn't a success at all. I'd like to start over, though, and I thought this would be a nice place to start.

Nice to meet you people! :D See you around!

RPT111

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »
Hello to all. I am currently going to school for programing and am a big fan of games. I am trying to get the hang of HEX editing for translation purposes. I have not taken a class on HEX editing yet; so I am doing as much research on my own to reach my end goals. 
I will be posting for people to help my on my project. I have read the information on this site for people that are just beginning. With all things though, it can be much better to learn from someone that have gone through the trail and error to streamline the learning process while also being able to point out what mistakes have or will be done.

Anyway, hello again and if anyone would like to help me on understanding HEX editing please send me a message.

Thank you.