News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 571922 times)

Hawksun

Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2006, 11:39:07 pm »
Hi all! I'm Hawksun, I'm 19, from Canada(Quebec province, if anyone cares) and a very inexperienced ROMhacker. I sometimes post on Acmlm's board but I see this one as being a bit less intimidating, so you might see me around a few times! :)

I don't have a lot of hobbies ; I read in most of my free time. I have to learn how te be creative again.  I intent on re-starting drawing/writing/ROMhacking.

So I hope I'll be good company here in the future! Until then, see ya!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:58:16 pm by Hawksun »

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2006, 11:48:10 pm »
Welcom hawksun.  If you want help on writing I don't helping.  And yes this place is not that scary.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2006, 12:00:36 am »
Hawksun, I love your avatar. That was a fun mini-series.
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Hawksun

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2006, 12:16:25 am »
Thanks RC!  :)

I haven't finished reading it though. So far it is very ncie indeed!

DarkHitomi

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2006, 12:49:13 pm »
ello I'm DarkHitomi (DarkEye/DarkDestany is what it means ^^) from Canada B.C.  and I'm well completly new to this ^///^ I don't really have any hobbys what so ever (this being things I like to do and can do them on a reguler basess =.=) anyway my friend gave me Harvist moon for snes and then me and an other friends were thinking of playing with the graphics and text but don't know how ^^;
I like to learn how for more then just this one project though
for i'm intrested in the gaming world and would like to make my own and mess with others  hehe
I know binary and a bit of hex (didn't really get hex) can someone point me to were I could start that would be aprshadted ^w^

sorry bout my spelling..the checker wasn't working for some reizen n///n;
~Hito

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2006, 01:26:52 pm »
The best place for starters is, who would have guessed it..., the getting started section.

Have fun  8)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

DarkHitomi

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2006, 06:07:35 pm »
hehe ^^;; ya found that right hafter posting thanks think i have what I need now just to get time to do it hehe
thanks agen
~Hito

Syntax

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2006, 05:39:47 am »
ello I'm DarkHitomi (DarkEye/DarkDestany is what it means ^^) from Canada B.C.

Where in BC? ;D

DarkHitomi

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2006, 05:02:36 pm »
lol like I'ed tell someone I don't know that  :P
sides. I'm les o you got not chanse budy hehe sorry  ;D
~Hito

alcoatjez

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2006, 05:02:47 am »
Good ol' Romshare, it must have been two years ago when I was very active there. Those were the days  :)

Welcome

Thank you, KaioShin :)
I almost forgot you had an account @RS. Too bad it's a bit quiet there lately...

xdaniel

• View Profile
    • DigitalZero Domain
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2006, 04:30:02 pm »
Hi there, I'm xdaniel, 19 years old and from Germany. I'm a mediocre-to-okay ROM hacker, trying his hand on translating games way too often, which, as of yet, resulted in around 30-40 or so "translations" with a completion status in the single digits.

As for finished projects, there's only my Megaman Zero (GBA) English to German translation. Some other projects that really are in progress somehow are Kururin Paradise - also GBA, just found the motivation to work on it again - and Monster Gate - Dai Inaru Dungeon - Fuuin no Orb (what a title) - that's GBA as well, a partial script dump is done thanks to a custom dumper made by a German hacker on another forum, but insertion could prove to be a problem because of the game's text format/compression.

Also, Gideon Zhi might remember me as the guy asking for permission to do a German translation of his English Rockman & Forte one, even getting all the necessary files from him, but - which he most likely doesn't know - still not having released anything yet, despite starting 2 years ago. Sorry about that ^^"
cu xdaniel

WvoulfeXX

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2006, 01:55:48 am »
who is this nighcrawler jerk? he thinks hes like all that.....i think i need to ban him...he is like all egotistical....what a jerk :P

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2006, 02:41:45 am »
Hi, I'm Aerdan, the resident Perl Troll. I'm also a nutter for RPGs. And I can be a real mean asshole or a real nice guy, depending on how you behave towards me or others on this board.

That's pretty much it, actually.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2006, 11:23:32 am »
who is this nighcrawler jerk? he thinks hes like all that.....i think i need to ban him...he is like all egotistical....what a jerk :P

Hey! I never thought I'd see YOU over here. :P How are things going? You lousy bum, you're never on ICQ much to talk to anymore. Now, I better see you post more than once so you don't waste my space with your account. :P
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

WvoulfeXX

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2006, 03:05:14 pm »
things are going great...im a machine operator at kettle foods(well currently in training)....i just need to get my personal comp online via wi-fi so ive been kinda not there.....since i actually have a day off im looking for what i need(i generally work atleast 13 day out of 14 and there are times i even work at 14th day also so its more like 13.75 out of 14 days i work) also i might have lost my icq password*shrugs*...well i need to get going to see if i can setup this wi-fi network of mine

later...

~gone~

hippiejake

• View Profile
    • Finally got my shit together!
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2006, 02:57:08 pm »
yep... I'm jacob, and I just got on this thingy the other day, and loved the getting started section, that stuff is simple enough, but I'm having trouble with the SNES ASM, because it just doesn't make sense! I was hoping I would understand it, since I have years of C++ and javascript experience, but oh well.
I've resorted to doing hilariously sick things to the jackhammer man in Paperboy until I figure it out.

creaothceann

• SPINESHARK
    • View Profile
    • creaothceann's website
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2006, 03:01:27 am »
Well, it helps if you know x86 ASM... maybe that's the way to go if it doesn't 'click'.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2006, 07:33:39 am »
Well, it helps if you know x86 ASM... maybe that's the way to go if it doesn't 'click'.

No. I don't think knowing how to program in C or Javascript helps for x86 ASM, which is afaik even more complicated as console stuff.

Learn z80 ASM (Gameboy for example), that's as easy as it gets (okay, Chip-8 *cough*).
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2006, 08:28:11 am »
Learn z80 ASM (Gameboy for example), that's as easy as it gets (okay, Chip-8 *cough*).

Hey, let's not forget the 6502. I think it's a lot easier to understand than z80 asm.
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

hippiejake

• View Profile
    • Finally got my shit together!
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2006, 01:42:32 am »
Thanks. The z80 looks reasonable, but does anyone know where there's a decent assembler for it that doesn't want itself to installed in the root directory or the autoexec.bat file changed? I'm working off of a USB flash drive, which doesn't really have that file!