News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 297953 times)

mateau

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #980 on: February 18, 2017, 05:20:43 am »
Hi, i'm new to the forum. Thanks for all the good work everyone do. I don't have a lot of knowledge in computer, even less in programming, and 0 in hacking, so i'm very impressed by your work. My condition refrain me from being able to get such level of knowledge. I wish i could help more, but due to my limited knowledge, i can mostly make suggestions or comments. Lots of respect to you.

I never really know how to introduce myself, but here it is; i speak French, but i can also read, write, and talk in English quite well. I love music, and old video games, from NES to Playstation and N64.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:47:18 pm by mateau »

VladimIr V Y

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:38 am »
Hello. I'm just a simple gamer, currently preferring to play SNES, SMD and GBA games, as well as older PC games, mostly DOS-era. I've been a gamer for about 25 years, starting on ZX Spectrum and later moving on to NES, SMD and finally PC.

Most likely, I will not be an active forum user here, since I'm an active reader of a few russian forums and LiveJournal, and it's hard for me to write a lot in non-native language. But I still like to introduce myself and thank creators of ROMhacking.net for many games I've been able to experience in English.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:25:10 am by VladimIr V Y »

Grimusaur

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2017, 05:45:16 pm »
Howdy, new member here, been following this scene for a long time and decided to get involved finally. Looking forward to it!

Woodman

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 26, 2017, 12:03:51 am »
Hey guys, I'm woodman. I'm young but I usually like older games over new ones, mainly SNES ones. I want to work with computers next year in college so I thought I'd check out ROMhacking as a hobby that could introduce me to coding concepts. So far it's pretty fun but also daunting as I can already tell there's a lot for me to learn.

Also I'd like to know how to get rid of restricted access on my account. It's kinda annoying and not explained too well how it works

RetroSlayer14

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:30 pm »
Hello folks.  I'm an older gamer who has been around vids since the 80's.  Started off with Atari and then headed to NES.  I've played many
games over the years and fav's are RPG's, flying shooters, and some adventure. 

The only hacking experience I have is years ago, I hacked a high score of another player in a windows cards game where scores were
shared across the company network. The only reason I did it was the guy said I couldn't beat his score.  Well, I stole it instead.  He didn't play again.

Other than that, I don't have any hacking experience but I will be playing some hacks and adding some reviews on hacks I try out.  I read through some of the intro to hacking docs and it does seem daunting.  I applaud your efforts in bringing hacked games forward for our gaming pleasure. 
Long live open source!

CassiEveretts

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 04, 2017, 08:00:22 am »
Hello! My name is Cassi! I'm new here and still figuring everything out! It's a pleasure to be in your care!

Roq12

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 10, 2017, 04:15:34 am »
Hi,

I'm Roq12 and I'm from Sweden. I have a 1 year old daughter and I like games quite a lot.
I have never once hacked a rom.

//Roq12

Reichu

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 23, 2017, 03:26:07 pm »
Greetings! I'm a amateur translator who happens to play video games from time to time. (Not as much as I used to... I have a soft spot for console, but the joints just aren't what they used to be!) I signed up expressly to offer my services to a preexisting project that interested me, but maybe, one day in the future, I'll attempt to jump-start one of my own. If I can find someone to do the programming part, since I have absolutely no clue when it comes to that, heh.

Prock78

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 26, 2017, 04:37:57 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm new on this board. I'm French and I'm 39. I like playing games on old systems, my favorites ones are the NES, SNES and Megadrive.
I often come to romhacking.net to get translations (and sometimes hacks, but translations mainly) for games I could like (often RPG or adventure games), so I can play them on my Everdrives (NES & Megadrive) and SD2SNES.
I came on this board to ask a question about a game I would like to play but doesn't launch on my Everdrive-N8, I guess I'm going to create a topic in a few minutes about it...
Thanks a lot for this great site!  :)

Pinta77

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2017, 04:30:04 am »
Hi everyone! I'm new on this board. I'm French and I'm 39. I like playing games on old systems, my favorites ones are the NES, SNES and Megadrive.
I often come to romhacking.net to get translations (and sometimes hacks, but translations mainly) for games I could like (often RPG or adventure games), so I can play them on my Everdrives (NES & Megadrive) and SD2SNES.
I came on this board to ask a question about a game I would like to play but doesn't launch on my Everdrive-N8, I guess I'm going to create a topic in a few minutes about it...
Thanks a lot for this great site!  :)

Nice to meet you ^^

My name is Evan. I came here because I'm a ROM hacker. I'm currently working on "Pokémon Mystic Blue & Ghastly Green Versions". It's gonna be set in the Holon region (based on the TCG) and it's gonna involve some stuff from Sun & Moon, and it's gonna be intense. But anyway, was looking for websites besides pokecommunity and found this. So here I am.

I like playing almost all kinds of video games. I grew up with GBC and GBA, and I really liked GBA. My favorite console is gamecube. And I have a Nintendo switch. So... that's everything about me.

PancakeTaicho

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:50 am »
Hello, I'm PancakeTaicho. I'm 29, living in Japan, and have studied the language for about 10 years. I'm wanting to get into translating games and romhacking and I'm here hoping to get some experience, learn lots, and find a community. If anyone has any projects they would like help on please feel free to reach out. I'll be checking to see if there are any projects I can lend a hand with.

In the long term I myself have some games I'd like to translate (and romhack myself, ideally) - mainly PS1 games like Deep Freeze, Twilight Sydrome (and the Syndrome series in general), and ultimately Racing Lagoon, among others. I also want to work on PS2 "Yarudora" FMV games like 0 Story, The Fear, and Scandal (at least get them subbed).

I like games from the 90s and PS1 pre-rendered background games. My ultimate pipe-dream is to make my own PS1-style pre-rendered background, tank control action game where the first half takes place in the horizontal, confined spaces of a train, like Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn, and then in the second half it would open up into the vertical, more spacious environment of a skyscraper, T.R.A.G. Mission of Mercy. It would have an over-the-top action movie plot, but with strong characters and a real emotional connection with the player. And then ther'd be a big ol' 'splosion.

Thank you for reading. Hit me up for translation stuff (or anything). I hope to be active here in the future.

And a question for you: Have you ever eaten pancakes with peanut butter instead of butter, and with maple syrup on top?

Emberson

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 30, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »
Hello. My name (or at least my online alias) is Emberson. I am an aspiring Graphic artist, sprite designer, and skin designer for the doom mod known as "Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch". Quite recently I've taken a great interest in ROM hacks, and was even commissioned one by my friend (a whopping $10. Woohoo.) This is all well and good, but there is a small problem with that. I have no idea what I'm doing, so you can imagine my sigh of relief when i came across a site called "Romhacking.net". I understand that this site is not meant to teach, but rather to share, and I apologize for any inconvenience that I may cause as a novice. The game in question is Castlevania III. If you'd like to help, i'll gladly accept.

HeavyMetalRocker1988

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 31, 2017, 04:47:33 pm »
Greetings! \m/

I'm HeavyMetalRocker1988, 28 years old (turning 29 in 5 more weeks) and German. I've observed this forum for quite some time.

I'm not that good hacker, but I'd like to learn how to hack games (mainly SMW hacking).

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 15, 2017, 09:39:24 am »
Hey there.
I'm Helly, french jap/eng translator/hacker for some years now.
RPGs are my bread & butter :)
Ask me about anime and CRPGs!

Be seeing you in the project pages!

magikalf

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 17, 2017, 08:58:12 pm »
Hello! I'm magikalf (the name is always lowercase), and I've been a rom user for years. I've been looking to further delve into the community that is rom hacking in general, and this is the perfect place to start!

I've done very minor tweaking to games (make custom maps in SMB and change music in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3), but sadly they were all thanks to tutorials guiding me through the process. The best I could say I've actually done after fiddling and research was edit maps in GTA 3 for PC and importing them to the android, and extracting some sound/music files through unconventional methods.

What I look to do as a member of this group is to get involved with the community, get involved in helping in projects, and expand my knowledge through my interactions with other members.

I'm starting to look into translating a PS2 game that has never received a translation outside of Japanese, but am at a stonewall finding where to find the text files. I've found the sound/music files, but I'd love to learn more about the process of translating PS2 games specifically.

szemigi

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2017, 06:54:25 pm »
ENGLISH:
------------
Hey there! I'm szemigi and I'm new here (but in translating I'm very known :laugh:).

I'm hungarian.

I translated several NES and some FDS games like Super Mario, Lunar Pool, Clu Clu Land, etc. I haven't shared them yet here, but I'll do that in due time.

MAGYAR:
-----------
Üdv mindenkinek, szemigi vagyok. Itt ugyan új vagyok, de a fordítások terén már ismert vagyok.
Sok NES és pár FDS játékot lefordítottam, mint pl. a Super Mario, Lunar Pool, Clu Clu Land, stb.
Még nem osztottam meg egyiket se itt, de majd hamarosan. ;)

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 26, 2017, 02:47:24 am »
Welcome ! It's always great to see games translated in more "obscure" languages.

FiVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 02, 2017, 08:23:47 am »
 well I'm an old fart at the age of 38 and I don't understand computers to save the life of me .  I love playing fighting games and just recently hacked my wii with a whole lot of fun games.  yes why don't understand anything about computers well at the age of 14 back in the early 90s I dropped out of school and was playing in bands and touring nonstop till I have my first kid it at 35.  now that I'm at home chilling and not in the music thing as much showing him the classics and found this site hoping to understand a bit more of this ram hacking fun .  Im from the Los Angeles  area and would like to learn as much as I can here, Thanks

noah2017

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 02, 2017, 10:10:43 pm »
Hi, Im new to this forum  :)

Arizkuren84

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 05, 2017, 11:31:36 pm »
Hello Hacking Community - glad to see that talent on display here, and the welcoming atmosphere.  I'm a 33 year old from upstate NY, working full time, with a wyfe, 2 small children, and all of that fun stuff that you grandma says you should be doing.  I threw my first video game tantrum while mashing on an Atari controller, trying to get Mario to jump over a barrel without perishing, and I haven't stopped complaining since...

I have stacks of games from different generations (300+), many of which are still encased in their cellophane, and very little free time to play any of them... and yet when I do find the time, I always play the well-worn timeless classics that I've played so many times before.

I've got very little to offer the community, except my ambition: I want to someday become Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves! (not sure why, but all starry-eyed lads seem to strive for that)  Failing that, I would like to hack the original Legend of Zelda to a high degree.  Failing that, I would like to retire somewhere quiet, and lament ambitions never realized...