News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 363294 times)

FireRat

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #960 on: November 08, 2016, 06:42:55 pm »
Hello guys, I'm a beginner videogame designer, I'm into the computer animation or graphical design, and I spend most of my time working on a Sega Genesis game and a romhack of Sonic the Hedgehog.
What I like the most are the special effects!, and I regularily try to compose things in Adobe After Effects or the Genesis' VDP.

I hope to finish and share at least 1 of my projects before 2018, as my time would become way more limited =X

PS, I like the site's Spell Check button :P

The Falcon of the Night

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 10, 2016, 10:07:01 pm »
I am The Falcon of The Night. I am a rather new or immature person new to the field of romhacking. I got intereted in the translation field of this particular site. I wanted to translate as many games as I can in my native language. As it turns out, there's not a single game in my native language so I presume it will be more than difficult. Therefore I would like to get as many help as I can. And probably inspire more to indulge in romhacking as well as translating. With regards, The Falcon of The Night.

Jabexy

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 21, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »
Hi Everybody.

First, Thank you RHDN, for accepting me in here.

I am Jabexy, an "old" game- and testplayer from Sweden, mostly FC/NES, SFC/SNES and PS1 back in the late 80s and the 90s.
As I am totally novis at romhacking and/or in translating games, I now hope to learn a little more about that.
And even though I might have sort of "stupid" questions, I do apreciate the help I will get.

Thank you and with regards

// Jabexy :-) 

HertzDevil

• 星の鼓動は愛
    • View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #963 on: November 23, 2016, 03:39:20 pm »
Hello RHDN!

I make chiptune music chiefly on a non-hacking-related tracker fork I maintained. I am well-versed in Lua / C++ / 6502, and can also read x86 and Z80 disassembly. My aim here is to make music hacking accessible to the general ROM hacking community.
Constructing Chiptune; Construing 8-Bit. Makes a generic MML compiler in Lua.

Xardas

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 24, 2016, 01:01:28 pm »
Hello everyone

I am Xardas, pleased to "meet" you. While I especially enjoy Final Fantasy games for their good stories and gameplay, I am also a little bit disappointed. Not only the low difficulty, the lack of balance regarding equipment, simple enemy attack patterns, but also the issue that many implemented battle commands and spells were completely obsolete (status inflicting magic for example) made me think about mods for years. It was a great time waster throughout the years. But recently I thought "Why not giving it a shoot and try modifying a ROM by myself?". I first tested a game specific editor, and I was amazed how much it let change me. But since some things in the depths, like text or damage formula editing, are not possible to alter, I try to teach myself hex editing. I already have much to ask, but I try to solve the problems by myself before spamming hundreds of questions in this board.

If anyone is interested: My first project will be a mod of Final Fantasy 5 for SNES.

All the best, Xardas

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 24, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »
For FF5 you may be already aware but: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=17.0 may have some interesting material in there.

Many people are familiar with SNES here, so you can also try the IRC channel here: http://www.romhacking.net/chat/ for those questions or thoughts that feel too unrefined or ambiguous for the board. Things can happen slowly there so just going in and asking a question and leaving won't work so well though.

AlanJacobs

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 28, 2016, 10:43:25 am »
Hello everybody on RHDN!

I want to thank the staff for accepting me and my hack as well!

My name is Alan Jacobs. Very shy, both online and irl, but I had a passion for level design since I can remember. I played a bunch of games on NES, SNES etc. when I was young but now I enjoy watching other people play more so than myself. I love Mario. I grew up playing the NES Mario games and SMW and dreamed of the opportunity to create other worlds and levels. When I discovered ROM hacking 7 years ago, it's been a hobby of mine ever since.

Personally, I love soccer, James Bond movies, music (mostly 80's) and I do what I can to keep in decent shape, mostly yoga and jogging/running.

I already have a few projects under my belt. Someone else downloaded my blaster master hack on here a few years ago. I finished my most recent and biggest project yet, SMB3: A New Journey, a few days ago. I plan to create a v1.1 but outside of that, I plan to take a break from ROM Hacking. I don't know of any future projects but you guys will be the first to know. I hope to get to know some of you in the future.

Take care!! :)

Queen Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 04, 2016, 07:38:33 pm »
Hi everybody! I'm new(of course) and trying to figure everything out. I enjoy baking, music(80's-90's), making pixel art, and crocheting. I don't know a lot about game hacking to be honest; I'm learning python though,I guess that's step in the right direction. My first console was an Atari 2600, that introduced me to gaming. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and chatting about games.

December 04, 2016, 07:39:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hi everybody! I'm new(of course) and trying to figure everything out. I enjoy baking, music(80's-90's), making pixel art, and crocheting. I don't know a lot about game hacking to be honest; I'm learning python though,I guess that's step in the right direction. My first console was an Atari 2600, that introduced me to gaming. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and chatting about games.

FlightMedic

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 20, 2016, 10:36:15 pm »
Hello. New guy here. I've always been a fan of NES games and hardware, in fact I still have my first NES among all the other ones I've collected. A year ago or so I started to learn programming as a hobby using Raspberry Pi and it was impossible to overlook its ability as a pocket sized emulator which led me to hacked games (read: Legend of Link and Outlands) which led me to learn programming cartridges (for my own use only). Now I want to explore making my own hacked NES games using my little by of coding knowledge and the guides on this site.

BulletBill

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 21, 2016, 12:00:12 pm »
Good morning all! I hope everyone is doing well! My name is Will and I'm a big fan of the Sega Saturn *gasp!* I know, and yes, the Policenauts english patch is as amazing as it was described! Anywho, I am also a big fan of older Saturn RPGs. My goal down the line is to work with fellow Saturn fans in hopes of getting many of the great saturn rpgs patched with an English translation. Ambitious, I know.

Anyways, hit me up peeps and let's get a dialogue going!

Cheers!
-WG

DaJoshy

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:04 am »
Hello, I'm DaJoshy. I mostly make music, specifically chiptunes. I play a lot of NES and PS1/PS2 games. I don't really have a favorite game, but I really like the first 3 Spyro games. That's about it.

jadowdl

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 03, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »
Hi I'm jadowdl.  I had an NES controller in my hands before I could walk or talk, and it's been a life long bucket-list goal to eventually make a game for the system.  I got into doing NES rom hacks to propose to my now-wife, one of the handful of "zelda proposals" that got picked up by the news.  Now I dabble from time to time.  I've also made professional modern video games for Android, and expect to get back into professional game development soon.

I've joined mostly so I can help update the datacrystal wikis for games I'm interested in (and give back where I can - those pages where they exist have been godsends for me personally).  It's always aggravating (though also exhilarating) spending hours in the emulator debugger stepping through 6502 assembly, when a good wiki page would do instead!  I'm also interested in making chiptunes, though I have no explicit experience so far.  Always enjoy making a new friend into retro gaming, virtual or otherwise; shout outs to anybody in the SF bay area who might like to hack together in person.

Killy

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 04, 2017, 08:10:05 am »
Hello, I'm Killy, a french guy. I'm interested to translate many old games into french, specially RPG from SNES (Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Hunter Treasure G, Bahamut Lagoon, Chrono Trigger, Eien no Filena...) and old famous games like Megaman, Castlevania, Mario... I'm here to ask some help for my project, because I'm not a hacker, only a translator. For example I want translate Eien no Filena into french, but I need help from the Satsu's team.
In my life I'm a professor of history and I love to play with my nes, snes and my GBA when I have free time.
Sorry for my english, I'm good to translate games into french but I'm not good to write in english :/

ikusatatsu_ushiromiya

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 07, 2017, 01:57:42 am »
Hallo,everyone.I'm ikusatatsu_ushiromiya.I did some hacks of Castlevania: Akatsuki no Minuet before but not submit here. I just registered several days ago.
I like video games very much.Such as Castlevania,Megaman,Pokemon,Mario,Ys,and so on.
Castlevania: Akatsuki no Minuet is a fascinating ARPG game,I try to hack it so I learned some tools such as WINHEX,CT2. I spent many times and efforts to find a mass of data of this game.
Than,I successfully did what I want.
Now,I submited the best of my hack to Romhacking.net .This one:http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3263/
I did all I can to make to like a new game.Of course,there are still a lot of things I can't do now.I must leran more techniques to realize my ideality.

MatatabiMitsu

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 07, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
Hi there I'm Matatabi Mitsu. I'm a professional translator (though not in the game industry) and I want to use my Japanese for fun sometimes so I'm getting involved with a game translation project.

The game I'm translating is Gokinjo Boukentai, and I'll probably make a thread about it soon to track progress and see if anyone can help with the programming/image side of things while I do the script.

Hope to see you all around!

ToDust

• View Profile
« Reply #975 on: January 18, 2017, 10:40:32 pm »
Hey there. I have no prior experience with romhacking, but that's why I joined. It's fun seeing all the projects people are working on, and how. I'm probably just going to lurk, as I have a lot to learn.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #976 on: January 19, 2017, 03:07:27 am »
Hey there. I have no prior experience with romhacking, but that's why I joined. It's fun seeing all the projects people are working on, and how. I'm probably just going to lurk, as I have a lot to learn.
Hi there, ToDust!
The best way to learn is to do. Just choose a simple thing to try on and have fun learning how things work! Once you've read the Getting Started and tried a few things, you can even open your own topic to discuss stuff or get a little push in the back to keep going.

Bruiserjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 28, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »
I'm Bruiserjoe I tried to get into the Rom Hacking scene a while ago but I fell flat on my face, so I decided to come back finally. I mainly just wanna hack for shits and giggles

Puresukoto

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:17 pm »
Hello Im new been lurking for a couple years and this is the most amazing website I have to check it every chance I get thank you to everyone who contributes to this website its like a movement and it's very inspiring.

I'm just a musician I am functional in many genres digital or natural I live in california and it really won't stop raining right now.

I want to learn how to reproduce these games we love and cherish there are so many details I would like to understand and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

BigHairyMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 10, 2017, 09:19:27 pm »
Greetings. I'd like to thank the moderators for approving my account.

I'm as new to the hacking community as several others on here. I started experimenting with NES hacking back in August, and I hope to gradually improve what skills I have as time goes on.