News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 457204 times)

MattCrafter708

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #940 on: August 31, 2016, 05:23:11 am »
Hi, I'm MattCrafter! I'm here to hack  a game called Dragon Crystal! :cookie:

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 31, 2016, 07:26:13 am »
Hi.  Another longtime lurker here.

I am 020110.

Like many others here, I like gaming.  My favorite games are from NES, GB, SNES, Genesis, PSX, N64, and DC.  I have been following the progress of Grimlock's 'Metroid Rogue Dawn'.  I signed an account just to do a casual test of this hack.  This is indeed an awesome hack!

I also love reading.  I found a novel floating online called 'Zeratopolis'.  It was self-published back in 2013, but for some reason, was taken down.  A friend of mine sent me a Dropbox link of the full version, and I couldn't put it down.  The style is a bit different and unique, since it's a 'graphic novel adapted to words'.

It's about four kids who die and end up in a place called Iron Henge.  They use strange powers to combat people's thoughts and dreams brought to life.  And though it's got a lot of violence, harsh language, and some sexy bits, I thought it was well-written, intelligent, and very action-packed.  It actually feels like a video game at times.  Oh, and as far as genre goes, I'd say satire with a touch of science fiction, fantasy, and can be funny and disturbing, too.

I know this is not the type of forum to share a novel, but I'm considering making a topic to perhaps promote said novel.  I did a quick search to see if there were other topics just to make sure.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

EDIT: All links removed.  I think it was a mistake to post a link to someone else's novel on a gaming site.  My apologies for that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:10:09 am by 020110 »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 31, 2016, 03:51:34 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm Esselle Jaye.

A friend teased me about still playing "vanilla" FF1 on my NES in 2016, and he said I should try some of the "hacks" available for it.
I was skeptical until I sat down at his house and watch him playing Dragoon X Omega II and GFF.

Well, he directed me here, and now I'm hooked!

One of us, one of us. ONE OF US.  >:D

Haha welcome to the forum. A Wilford Brimley-themed hack of River City Ransom was what got me into hacks. :beer:
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Legacy Yoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 31, 2016, 11:22:20 pm »
Hi i am Legacy Yoshi, i am just a Yoshi fan who got me into rom hacks and stuff.
I really hope to see people around.  :)

BoldHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 14, 2016, 03:03:06 am »
hello
i dont have much to say
i came here a long time ago for a translation patch for the snes game gundam wing endless duel
now im back and came looking for help

i need a rom edit to turn link gba multiplayer games into wireless adaptor multiplayer games so i can play them on vba link online with friends using hamachi. my first request for this is kirby and the amazing mirror

because link games lag online making them unplayable while wireless adaptor ones dont lag and can be played online via hamachi and vba link

if someone would like to play hacked versions of games with me online, let me know. im very social and open to playing with others over netplay

and if you have a hack to add coop in mario snes games, id like that too
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:30:20 am by BoldHeart »

ACmod

• View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 14, 2016, 10:45:04 am »
I'm here to learn/find help with modifying a PS2 or PSP game (Armored Core: Last Raven, and it's PSP port) to build a community patch for it to make it more interesting for PvP.

XenoWars

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2016, 10:28:38 am »
Hello all, I am XenoWars, gamer since 2000. I have only recently gotten into roms and isos, having gotten ones that I am unable to play (but do own/have owned), but I have zero experience in rom hacking. I joined the community for one game only, Ocarina of Time, since I saw the work on Sacred Armor and 3rd Quest, and Voyager of Time though it's mostly edited text. I thought, "Hey, this should be fun. I'm already making a new Toontown, so this shouldn't be that much harder, right?" Needless to say, I was wrong :') Anyway, I hope to be a worthy addition to the community eventually. Clearly not now since I've just started, but eventually. Also, I do know Japanese, but I don't think I would be able to do full translations. I only learned it for four years in high school. Lastly, expect some questions from me for OoT hacking.

NurseTorture

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 21, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »
Hello another one of the many lurkers here. I frequent the site daily checking out all the new tools & documents which are lovely & worked hard on. I got into rom hacking by playing Final Fantasy V & Seiken Densetsu 3 when I was a kid. I plan on going to college to learn programming for unrelated reasons but dream about one day hacking the Black/Matrix series which is my personal holy grail. I try to learn as much as I can but its hard to know where to start sometimes & can be really hard to understand in the few docs around. Hoping to maybe learn more from discussion & be a part of the awesome community here!

JDignam

• Cosmic Nepternity
    • View Profile
    • Weblog
« Reply #948 on: September 24, 2016, 06:31:54 am »
I've had several accounts here but have forgotten their corresponding usernames/passwords by now, since it's been a while since I've been around here and simply forgot everything.

Anyway, if you're on Board 2, you most probably know me as Termingamer2-JD, a British webmaster/weblogger who's been on the Internet for over two years.

I look into making simple ROM hacks and not much more and maybe find some people to talk to here.

ethanwhite

• View Profile
    • Ethan Gaming
« Reply #949 on: September 29, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »
Hi I'm EthanWhite. I've been practicing ROM hacking for a while. I'm not really super good at it, but I've practiced enough I think I can make some good hacks. :)

I'm working on a few ROM hacks right now. The main one I'm currently working on is a ROM hack of SMB1 called Super Mario Infinity.

Hope you guys like them when they're finished.

The Rooser

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:03 pm »
Hello I'm the creator of an old NES Metroid hack: Metroid Deluxe.

I've emerged from my 14-year slumber so I can submit an updated version of it: Metroid Deluxe Reduxe

It just has some bug fixes and snarfblam's Metroid Plus ASM Hacks added.

midgetonebeta

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 17, 2016, 03:40:35 pm »
Hi,Im M1 spriter graphical  hunger house,Adobe Photoshop addict,But Want to learn to code i been creating my own codes and cheat codes but want  to earn whats
Under the hood.

tekkamanpr

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 26, 2016, 10:54:32 am »
Hi, as you see, I'm tekkamanpr, i've been visiting Romhacking for quite some time, i  really enjoy to see the efforts that many do here, it keeps me entertained and busy in my spare time. Im from Puerto Rico, nice to meet you all.

Grandirus

• There's no spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 30, 2016, 03:00:11 am »
Hello gamers.
I'm Grandirus.
I have made 4 save state editors for the following games:
 - Phantasy Star IV - The End of the Millenium (Genesis - FUSION)
 - D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Genesis - FUSION)
 - Final Fantasy VI (SNES - ZSNES)
 - Chrono Trigger (SNES - ZSNES)

It's the first time I work with programing (using Visual Basic 6).
I will add the editors soon.

Thanks.

summvs

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 01, 2016, 04:04:22 am »
Hi all, I'm summvs and I'm here to talk about fan translation, starting with Ayakashi no Shiro!

Kirbysmith

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 01, 2016, 11:11:23 am »
Hi, I'm Kirbysmith. I like Sonic, Kirby, Smash Bros, and other stuff. I had a long intro typed out but the website ate it and I can't be bothered to retype it. I only make sprite hacks because Mac OS X tools are few and aren't as advanced as tools that Windows users have. I have a Hex editor, but it's in Portuguese and I have no idea how to edit hex code. Anyway, I have a Kirby's Adventure hack but with updated Meta Knight sprites, a SMB2 hack that replaces Toad with Wario, and a Pokémon Red hack that replaces Red with Nico Yazawa. I would love help on them, especially with changing text, hex editing, trainer sprite editing and palette editing. So if you'd like to help, please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also working on a GRAND DAD hack of The Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak that replaces Fred and Barney with Grand Dad and a bootleg Luigi respectively. I'd love help with modifying the title screen as well as name ideas for this Luigi/Barney Rubble bootleg.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:20:39 am by Kirbysmith »

Tbolt76

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 02, 2016, 09:36:46 am »
Hello  I am Joe Douglas A relative newcomer to rom hacking! I am have been working on a Super Metroid Project what Im doing is Remaking all rooms from the first Metroid game in super metroid style  and then remaking the other areas from super metroid such as the wrecked ship and maridia so that they look like they belong in the first metroid.  I work at a theme park in florida  Im a big fan of AC/DC. Married for 13 years and Just recentley experienced my very first hurricane ever.

insomniakc

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 05, 2016, 10:54:17 am »
Hey, I'm Josh, and I have played around with NES and MSX homebrew programming in assembly, but lately I've been thinking of making some fan translations . I speak English and German, and I am presently learning Russian and Japanese. Just finished playing Chrono Trigger's excellent fan translation into Russian from Japanese. I just got back from a long trip to central Russia where I am engaged to be married, and I adopted a kitten with my fiancé. Also, the kitten is now one of the most well traveled "people" I know, since I brought her 12000 km and 11 time zones. She is also excited to get into fan translation! Maybe a Pokémon Meow edition? Cats need some augmented reality too. Nice to meet you all.

Darrman

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 07, 2016, 12:31:20 pm »
Hey, I'm Darrman, just another lurker who messes with Fire Emblem games every so often. (The reason the underscore is there is because I messed up registering the underscoreless version as I botched the email address...) *returns to lurking*

MKGirlism

• Oh.
    • View Profile
    • DSHack.org
« Reply #959 on: November 08, 2016, 12:27:01 am »
Hi there, I'm MKGirlism (often referred to as "Yami"), and I'm the owner of the MKDS and MK7 ROM Hacking scenes.
I'm posting all of this either from my home, or my work's office in Japan.
Apart from this forum, I like the overall design of the site.

宜しくお願いいたします。
(Yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu.)