News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 587408 times)

vonMuir

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #920 on: June 26, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »
Hi, just signing the welcome book.

I've been interested in ROM hacking for awhile, and I've browsed articles on this site in the past. Now, I'm working on a project myself and decided to join the site for a little more help.

ccooldean

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 27, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »
*bursts through reddit* HEY WHAT'S UP IT'S CCOOLDEAN I've actually been fiddling around with romhacking for a while, even making a SM64 Minecraft Version. I've joined this forum because A. I want to actually get into the romhacking community and B. Because I can't figure out how to edit DS graphics for the life of me. Anyway, hello!

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 02, 2016, 11:59:29 am »
Hi i'm new here and i love retro gaming

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2016, 11:24:46 pm »
How's everyone doing today I certainly hope you're doing well.
Come with me if you want to live.

drunkenmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 06, 2016, 11:01:59 pm »
Hi. Just registered today.

I was so stoked that an English version of Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha was available here and I was even more surprised that it was just released a couple weeks ago.

I've played Megaman games in the past (X4 being the first) and I realized that I don't really know the story behind it so I decided to go on a Megaman spree from the originals crossing over to X and so on (just the 2d side scrollers for now) and I found out that there was an English version of Rockman & Forte for the SNES and decided to "get" that because it was more fluid in motion than the GB version. My curiosity about the sequel's English version brought me here.

Thank you.
Hi, reeefer! Welcome aboard!

I have played Megaman 1-6 on the NES, 7 and X 1-3 on the SNES, X5 and 6 on the PS, X4 as a part of the Megaman X Collection on the PS2 and the GBA version of Megaman & Bass. I just do not even know why did Capcom had taken so long to bring RM&F to the U.S. only to make a port for the GBA that is not as fluid compared to the original SNES version (although, the music in the game was good; but, it was a hit and miss.)
.//drunkenmaverick

esclactine

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:35 am »
I'm Esclactine Swish
I'm brazilian
I'm studying a lot about
I have 22 years
and I am available to talk

h2643

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 13, 2016, 12:28:38 pm »
Hi, guy from Ukraine here. Registered here just to submit my and my italian's friend ROM hack, but I was wondering about something. Is submitting a finished hack (we consider it "finished" since we no longer have to work on it) that only affects a certain part of the original game, but not absolutely everything, allowed? My modified game has 9 stages, and the last one acts like the game's credits, so you can't progress and play the original game's levels after completing our own (I can go in details if needed)

Thanks.

EDIT: Eh, guess I'll submit it rn to see if it is or not.
EDIT 2: So apperantly it is!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:12:27 pm by h2643 »

Gradus

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 23, 2016, 07:53:41 am »
Hello! This account makes up for we are Gradus team . Japan and South Korea hacker team that is working together to make a good and original hack . Although we are interested in now Rome Hacking the place net, we are for a while , we did not have here .

We have three of the projects we are working on now . They are ,

1:
Holly in girl land ,

This hack is on a quest through the fictional land to stop the evil average man , and starring Holly , a buddy of Super Sky .

2:
The intelligence of the world , is Holly ,

This is the second of the Quest of Holly . It will be short , but Holly is to test the knowledge of the player , we are dependent on this time to quiz . Such as this, I am an educational game for my daughter .

3:
Sky will save Europe .

Because Europe has been invaded by aliens , Sky , the hero , came back ! Because it is a sequel of procaine of hack , this hack will be very difficult . In addition , to test Europe , Western civilization , country , and the knowledge about the history . Or Sky , you can explore the real world ? However , it will be fun and educational . Good luck players !

Because I like rare or stopped production the games , Super Sky , California raisins , and Bioforce monkeys , and such as cheetah men , we will work to NES in our hack . We are not you are a good or bothered our old graphic This is , I hope not to care about our English . Our friend in Germany to stop the work for us , him only was the spoken English . We use an online translator .

Why , how are we to here not in the Center? Someone on the SMWC before it was over leaked our hack , and he is why we came here instead . Mean moderations steal your hack , there is a kick-off average moderator you to the SMW center . We are want more the boards , Rome Hacking place net . Before he is to end his hacking , I did not say stole go to Sky Town , procaine , author worked once for us . I picked up his sequel to his place . ( It is , if people who do not know Sky Goes to the town was the old challenge hack that includes an obstacle to avoid , their hard level . Sky Europe will save something like it . )

Squall_FF8

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:04 am »
Hi guys,

I'm usually known as Squall, but it want available, so ...
I'm mainly interested in Final Fantasy franchise so I hope I will meet many FF fans
Welcome to the FF5 Den: https://discord.gg/AUqDF85

UNP-17

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 27, 2016, 05:22:00 pm »
Hello, I am UNP.

I am interested in romhacking and want to modify some nintendo gamecube games. I already know this is difficult from prior experience. But I've come accross a few tools to do it. I can't wait to try out some of the romhacks on this site that have already been posted.

Sierra

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2016, 09:44:49 am »
Hi, guys!

I'm pretty new to the romhacking scene. I tried my hand on modifying Xenogears a couple of years back, but now I've finally found a game I'd like to work on. It's going to be a slow process as I have a learning disability, but in the end I hope to be able to produce something of substance.

nickeeromo

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 01, 2016, 01:48:38 am »
Hey there.  Well let's see.  I have a degree in Game Software Development, but have been unable to find a job in my area (not much here where I live). I've had 2 interviews which failed somehow.  In one, they asked me if I have done any ROM hacking or mod work, and I have not.  So I decided to get into ROM hacking to hopefully help out my portfolio a little bit.

I have made a couple games here and there as class projects in Unity, but this is my first time trying my hand at this.  Final Fantasy has been a favorite series of mine, so I thought I should start at something more simple - the first in the series for NES. But I saw how many hacks were already out there for it, and I really am not too well-versed in that title as a whole.  So I am going with FFIV for SNES.  After some fiddling around here and there, I found a lot of good resources on this site and thought, ah, why don't I just become a member?

Nothing special in the works, just figuring it all out.  Right now I'm just trying to figure out why the dialogue in the banks doesn't seem to be directly translatable from hex...  at least that's the way it seems.

Personally, I am married, have 4 kids, and have to work.  So since I'm not a programmer professionally (yet), I found a nice job at a medical scanning facility.  I ended up writing a program to drastically increase their efficiency as a by the way, which at least made me feel like my schooling wasn't a TOTAL waste, lol.

I like playing mostly older titles that are nostalgic to me. I've never been into the "newer" hype of online gaming and that.  I tried it once, but stopped after a few days when someone whose team I was on randomly in LoL told me to kill myself...  ANYWAY, right now I'm playing Resident Evil 4, Vandal Hearts II, and just finished my first-ever runs (completions) of Vandal Hearts and Parasite Eve.

I'm sure I'll be around for the next long while.  And it feels good to be here :)

ManaRedux

• View Profile
    • Secret of Mana Redux
« Reply #932 on: August 04, 2016, 06:19:43 pm »
Longtime lurker here.  Mainly interested in translation and in-depth analysis of NES and SNES era games.  Done some mods on my own, but nothing that's as deep as some stuff here.  I'll help out any way I can.

Worldblender

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 06, 2016, 10:39:27 pm »
Hi there, everyone. I came here in order to get more help on a project that I will shortly introduce. Here's little bit about me in real life:
* I have been diagnosed with mild autism since I was 3 years old, so you might find it hard for you to talk with me, especially if I don't seem to be clear in my communications at times.
* My largest interests deal with computers no matter where they are used, and regardless of their form, and I am capable of getting interested in anything else (not all interests are within my scope).
* I am a heavy user of open source software, self-converted from my family's beginnings with Microsoft Windows (I am now triple booting with Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Windows 7, and FreeBSD as PC-BSD). I try to stick with open source wherever and whenever possible, except when proprietary software is the only way I must get something done, and when so viable open source offering exists or matches up with what needs to be done.
* I can be attracted to almost any kind of video game, but my current focus is on coin-operated arcade games, especially the ones released in the 1980s. I use MAME in order to experience most of those games that I otherwise would have not heard or seen of.
* The project I will be introducing shortly is about graphics and possibly audio from those games; I want to put them on display akin to a gallery, but anyone is free to reuse those things, as long as they try to stay away from using them in commercial works (a work intended for commercial advantage or to be paid for; it does not matter who or what the user is).

Expect me to post details and a link to the project shortly.

killeroftrolls

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »
Hello, I'm k.o.t. Nice to meet you all. I enjoy games but I specially like old games that I grew up with and specially mods of those.

thE_rZA

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2016, 06:10:49 am »
Hi.

I'm thE rZA. In the 90s we did some homebrew on the good ole SNES. It was a good time we had. With no internet. BBS was our place to be.

Now I'm about >40 ;) and like the retro wave we're surfing on today. I'm interested in all kind of retro stuff again :).

jonk

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:57 pm »
Hi.

I'm thE rZA. In the 90s we did some homebrew on the good ole SNES. It was a good time we had. With no internet. BBS was our place to be.

Now I'm about >40 ;) and like the retro wave we're surfing on today. I'm interested in all kind of retro stuff again :).
Cool. I built a homebrew computer in 1974. And, of course, built and coded stuff for the Altair 8800, IMSAI 8080, Apple II, Lisa, and a bevy of other hardware instrumentation and software and operating system things since then. (Worked on Unix v 6 using C in 1978, too.)

Yeah. I'm also interested in retro stuff!
An equal right to an opinion isn't a right to an equal opinion. -- 1995, me
Saying religion is the source of morality is like saying a squirrel is the source of acorns.  -- 2002, me

Lamiaaaa

• View Profile
    • My main artwork gallery
« Reply #937 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:39 am »
Hi folks, I'm new to here. I've got experience with romhacking in the Fire Emblem series and my main project is a heavy conversion of FE4.

I decided to register in case I had more obscure, or advanced questions about stuff or games that don't have dedicated message boards!
My Fire Emblem romhacking project, on SerenesForest.net: Fire Emblem Online

NerdyMaddie

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 22, 2016, 05:40:29 pm »
Hey everybody, I'm NerdyMaddie. Maddie for short lol  ;)

And...I've been hacking for maybe 5 years or so, but I am just now able to be serious about it because I just now got my own laptop for school that all my programs are on. My first hack has been about well basically 4 or 5 years in the making I got the ideas for the starters long ago but with Sun and Moon coming out I will have to change some things. The name has been Pokemon Laminar for many years, I'm a gemstone nerd so I put a lot of effort into searching for one that wasn't taken.

I'm still working a lot into the major designing and creating phase, trying to determine how many mons I need to design and what not. If I can I can try to post any progress I make on the game.

essellejaye

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 29, 2016, 01:26:27 am »
Hello everyone, I'm Esselle Jaye.

A friend teased me about still playing "vanilla" FF1 on my NES in 2016, and he said I should try some of the "hacks" available for it.
I was skeptical until I sat down at his house and watch him playing Dragoon X Omega II and GFF.

Well, he directed me here, and now I'm hooked!