News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 457979 times)

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #900 on: May 13, 2016, 10:49:39 am »
Hello, I'm new here and I hope I can contribute to some translations in some way.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 13, 2016, 12:53:20 pm »
Hello how are you?

People have done translations and I think much of the best NES / Famicom games have been done. I have one particular translation request that I can think of and probably more in the future. The translation requests thread here is locked saying to use the wiki but there's no way to request it.

I would like to have a English translated instruction manual for Final Fantasy 2 for NES. (The game that is already translated into English from Famicom version.)
Come with me if you want to live.

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 13, 2016, 01:45:54 pm »
Hello and welcome to romhacking.net!

Keep an eye on the forums and the help wanted ads and I'm sure you'll find something you can contribute to.

Do you have experience working with video games or translating/localizing text? Or maybe you're just looking to get your feet wet when it comes to translation projects.

rikodewayne

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 14, 2016, 03:57:57 am »
i'm rikodewayne. nice to be here since i downloaded tons of patches.... :thumbsup:

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 16, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
Hello and welcome to romhacking.net!

Keep an eye on the forums and the help wanted ads and I'm sure you'll find something you can contribute to.

Do you have experience working with video games or translating/localizing text? Or maybe you're just looking to get your feet wet when it comes to translation projects.

I use to make sprites, but that was five years ago when I gave that up when I lost most of my files. I can probably do a bit of sprite altering here and there, but I'm always full of ideas on what can improve in translations and such...if that's okay.

TheHidden

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 19, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »
New here greetings to all.

Quick question. Is it alright to post something in personal projects; that isn't related to romhacks?

Basically its a game that's being coded from the ground up.

thanks

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #906 on: May 19, 2016, 05:47:28 pm »
Quick question. Is it alright to post something in personal projects; that isn't related to romhacks?

Looks pretty personal and quite the project to me. I'd go ahead and do that.(I'm no admin, though. ;D)

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 20, 2016, 06:11:17 am »
New here greetings to all.

thanks
We accept homebrews - http://www.romhacking.net/homebrew/
So a Personal Project about a homebrew game is okay.  :)

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 22, 2016, 10:08:59 pm »
Hi. I'm a music composer, and pixel artist.
http://caca.t15.org
http://hklg.deviantart.com

I want to make a SMB3 graphic/music hack.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:32:08 pm by hyakulegger »

dougeff

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 22, 2016, 10:33:01 pm »
hyakulegger,

Welcome aboard the crazy train. SMB3 might take a while, but has good editors. Do you have any previous game hacking experience?

Any links to your music?

Ever tried famitracker NES music tracker?
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 22, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
@dougeff
Hey, thanks. No. I got zero experience with hacking. Like, I messed up an EarthBound ROM a bit, once.

Yes, the http://caca.t15.org link should lead you to a EP I made in 2014.
I have plenty of new music done, including NES/GB/SEGA chiptunes, but I don't have internet at home so I can't upload them now (I'll try next week).

No, I never tried it. Can I make new music and put it in SMB3 with it?

hyakulegger,

Welcome aboard the crazy train. SMB3 might take a while, but has good editors. Do you have any previous game hacking experience?

Any links to your music?

Ever tried famitracker NES music tracker?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:53:02 pm by hyakulegger »

dougeff

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 22, 2016, 11:25:52 pm »
Can I make new music and put it in SMB3 with it? (Famitracker)

Short answer, yes, long answer, not unless you have some NES programming experience, or a little help.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:21:25 am by hyakulegger »

Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 05, 2016, 02:35:26 pm »
Hey everyone. I joined the site seeking guidance on ROM translating.
For that last part, I'm fluent in English (I'm Brazilian) and know some Japanese (I know some of the grammar and can work with dictionaries), I just need the know-how for using this in games. I'd like to make a translation of Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 for the PSX (the Japan-only update to Rival Schools), because I'm a huge fan of fighting games, and I feel this game is a bit more complete than the vanilla Rival Schools (if only because of two extra characters).

I already managed to understand most of the menus and the beginning of the Nekketsu Seishun Nikki mode (the school simulator), and wrote them down on a Notepad file, but since a game like this would be a large body of work (Capcom themselves gave up on bringing the Evolution Disc on America because of this), I'd like to know some sprite editing too, so I can change the graphic-based text as well.

Anyway, sorry for extending myself, I just wanted you guys to know why I'm here. Thanks for your attention.

Tuscan

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 15, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »
Howdy,

I was a little hesitant to go so far as registering and posting but figured why not, seems like there are some good folks who check on this forum. Hopefully this doesn't give people the "oh great another one of THESE types" reaction, but I'm mainly interested in checking out level editors for different NES titles. SMB3 is my gf's favourite game all time (she pretty much stopped gaming at the NES) and I've wanted to create a custom SMB3 game for her, or at least a single world for her to play through. I have no idea how massive a task that could be but I've found the SMB3 level editors like Beneficii's (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/242/) and hope they make the task easier, or at least more understandable.

Look forward to learning as much as I can on here.

Cheers

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 15, 2016, 06:43:19 pm »
Hi welcome to the forum. Hope you can find everything you're looking for.

Also, I've advanced to Junior member, yay!  :happy:
Come with me if you want to live.

reeefer

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2016, 05:10:14 am »
Hi. Just registered today.

I was so stoked that an English version of Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha was available here and I was even more surprised that it was just released a couple weeks ago.

I've played Megaman games in the past (X4 being the first) and I realized that I don't really know the story behind it so I decided to go on a Megaman spree from the originals crossing over to X and so on (just the 2d side scrollers for now) and I found out that there was an English version of Rockman & Forte for the SNES and decided to "get" that because it was more fluid in motion than the GB version. My curiosity about the sequel's English version brought me here.

Thank you.

seattleebm

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2016, 11:23:02 pm »
Hello!  I'm interested in seeing if the hex code of a game can predict actions like the spawning of enemies in particular locations.  I'm also interested generally in learning to match up game components to the hex representation in the editor.

UndutchStolp

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 21, 2016, 11:46:18 am »
Uhm well hellow there. Undutch here, or gerard what ever you prefer. Found this site looking for a way to trade on pokemon crystal, found a great mod!
Got a bunch of questions but wil ask them in the correct topic.

Cheers

Ryoma Nagare

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 25, 2016, 11:34:37 pm »
Heya. got to know this here site from the SRW Alpha Gaiden translation project. Cool shit, dudes.

anyway, I also go by Ryoma Nagare on smogon forums so leave me a vm or pm to say hi ig and talk about elitist ass competitive Pokemon.

Basically joined this to see if I could ever help out in translating something someday, so I'll try my best to :o

cheers