News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 587594 times)

Fester

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #740 on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:55 am »
Hello all...
Hope i chosen the right thread for this ...
I see people introducing themselves so i though it be fair to give u all a breif induction...

My extra familymember during childhood was the NES , played VERY many of the games.
Later I also played SNES a lot. Lots of DOS games. Very much like rpggames/dungeon crawlers.
Not alot the recent year but also been into trackers (Noise/Pro/fast/tracker & renoise) and cubase and a big synthgeek, love the huge complex ones and to build sounds/soundscapes and compose music with those sounds i just made.
Here me for those to wanna know what i look like  ;D

Looking forward to get more familiar with you all.  :)

Sami-Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 13, 2015, 09:15:39 pm »
Hello! I'm Sami, and while I'm not the retro-est of gamers, I do still enjoy my video games. I have had some experience with hacking Fire Emblem (thank goodness for all those tools... though I suppose that makes it a little less hardcore than most hacking jobs), and now I want to see if I can hack Yggdra Union (the GBA version), starting with graphics. I'm not exactly planning to make a full hack so much as learn how to play with and replace certain things for the fun of it. I hope I can learn how to do what I'd like to do, though I'm sure it'll be a bit rough in the beginning. I look forward to seeing what comes of this little hacking adventure!

Koopris

• View Profile
    • All Mario Bros
« Reply #742 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »
Hello, Koopris! on ROMHacking.net Forums on the Hacking on the not Transformer? Why? :D
Okay! I did it! ;)

Vezera

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 24, 2015, 07:16:31 pm »
Hello!  I am absolutely new to ROM modding/hacking, but I've decided there are a couple things I would like to see in some old games, so I have decided to learn.  I'm mostly interesting in things like cleaning up bad dialogue, editing some sprites that have odd bits that bug me and things of that nature.  You'll probably see some help threads from me in the near future.  Anyway, I've been gaming since the NES, currently game mostly on the PC and am know to get the occasional bout of nostalgia.  Thank you for having this community to help with them!

chromatin

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 03, 2015, 10:12:48 pm »
Hello. Because I'm interested in modifying video games, I registered romhacking.net but I haven't posted anything in a long time so this is my first post.
I'm not professional programmer, therefore it may be difficult or impossible for me to make advanced utility, but I'll try doing my best.

SiWu

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2015, 04:59:53 am »
Hi! I'd like to introduce myself!

I'm a game designer/developer in-the-making from Sweden, doing my final semester of gamedev uni. Before I got in to game development, I worked for a few years in web development. And a bunch of years before that, I used to hang out at Acmlm's board and do SMW hacking with Lunar Magic.

I just recently got back into ROM hacking and managed to actually finish a hack for the first time ever! It's called "Power Peach Sis." and I posted a thread about in ROM Hacking Discussion if you'd like to check it out.

I hope we'll get to do a lot of interesting hacks together!

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2015, 11:52:51 am »
Hi, i'm Tenkarider, i'm new around here... anyway i'm a member of FF6hacking.com and Insane Difficulty site.

I mainly deal with hard challenges and i'm hacking FF6 at the moment.

The main reason why i joined here was to submit the final version of my FF6 boss challenge hack: Ultimate Czar Dragon challenge.
As mentioned above it's already the final release, after working on it for about 6 monts.

Currently i'm also hosting a FF6 contest in the 2 sites i mentioned above, it consists in short monthly tasks(hacked contents under many aspects)
and partecipants PM and link me their submission, within the time limit.

Now that i finished that boss hack i'm planning something else... if it will be feasible, i'm going to work on 1 or 2 FF6 projects, this time they will be full-game hacks.

One of those projects are already started... FF6 Curse of the Gods (CotG) and i'll write about it later...

Hopefully i'll hang there also for new reasons.  ;)

Mooch

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »
Greetings and salutations! Call me Mooch. I like everything.

Long story short I'm here to get started ROM hacking. I basically know nothing, though I'm a reasonablly intelligent fella and in about an hour of googling and messing around, I successfully hacked my Breath of Fire II save state (something I'd never done before) and started making my own list of spell code values since I couldn't find one online, but then I did find one so I stopped.

Anydangway, I wanna make a suite of BoF2 hacks, not the least of which is a retranslation from the original Japanese because the existing fan translation is...very not to my liking, to be polite >_>

But I'll make topics for all that jazz. I'm gonna go read all the introductory material and see if I can't figure out how save state hacking parallels ROM hacking (i.e. is it the same addresses? Can I take what I learn hacking a save state and make a ROM hack to change basic game behavior? Not a cheat utility but like, altering functionality and such). Hopefully I'll be able to churn out a Multiple Tenants Hack in fairly short order. (I'm confident it's an incredibly easy hack to make, I just gotta find the code I'm looking for and hope it works the way I suspect it does.)

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:34 am »
Buenos Nachos!

My name is Bobolicious, and I came here to party!
I made a title screen for the lost classic Super Wheelchair Mario but, seeing as it's an extremely simple hack, it doesn't look like it would be approved according to the submission guidelines.
The original was based on a bad dump and wouldn't play on newer emulators. One day I came across a tool that could fix that issue, but it left it with an awful looking half-empty title screen.
So I made a proper title screen for it and fixed a slight oversight in the original that caused small Mario's leg to turn into part of a wheel when switching directions.
Again, it's a very very simple hack but also strangely satisfying. So if anyone is interested, let me know. My patch works with the Japan/USA rom or the European rom.

granitor

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 26, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »
Hi, everyone.

I think I made an introduction post years ago, but it has been years since then, and I haven't so much as logged onto the board until earlier on in the week.

Well, I tend to prefer things which are well thought out to things which are shallow and broken, even if the latter might be more popular. So in looking for those types of things, I came across a lot of lesser known older games from Japan, and hence, got interested in fan-translations and remakes.

I am particularly fond of the megaten series, but I didn't find out about it until years after I had been building utilities on my C64 (now lost to the shifting sand of modern computing platforms), and so I sometimes take a look at how games work on a lower level, since I can read an understand 6502 ASM as well as higher level languages like C, JAVA, and Python.

Well, I mostly write in Python and C++, when I find the time for it, because those platforms give speed of writing and speed of execution, respectively, which are useful for anything interactive. However, I don't have as much time for these hobbies as I would like, so it is an open question as to how much I will be able to leverage those skills.

I am glad to find that both newer and older platforms are still being explored, and I enjoy learning more about how things work on both the low level of hardware and assembly language, and the high level of not just high level languages, but the business structures which allow (or prevent) these tools and platforms to come to popularity.

For example, it is interesting to see how Microsoft used MSX as a trojan horse to prevent Sony from becoming a competitor in the general purpose software arena, but then had to absorb talent from Sega to compete in the special purpose (that purpose being gaming) software arena (PlayStation brand, and platforms versus XBOX brand, and platforms). Although we've already reached several pinnacles in technical performance, in terms of business and organizational structure, it still seems rather wild and generally not well planned. But perhaps that is the nature of human life, and what makes life an exciting adventure at all levels.

MatTheRabbit

• View Profile
    • Machu - DeviantArt
« Reply #750 on: April 13, 2015, 01:30:35 am »
Hello folks!

I'm MatTheRabbit, or you can simply call be Mat! :laugh:
I'm here because I've just recently finished a game hack, and I also have one from a while ago, that I want to share with everyone!

I'm an artist who digs drawing, and you can find my art on DeviantArt (my name's Machu there)

That's about it! :D

FeRcHuLeS

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 15, 2015, 06:30:05 pm »
Hi I'm new in here, well I'm asking for help the hack I wanna make is to unlock Mai's win poses for King of Fighters 2000 ps2 version (EUR) this game is the pack 2000/2001 I used cheat engine then I found this:
2101D968 00000007
Where 00000007 refers to the character, changing this value It changes the character atributes then Mai's win poses are performed.

Agastya

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 22, 2015, 11:05:49 am »
Hello. My "name" is Agastya and I enjoy rolling dice and telling people to fight me.

I don't know how frequently I'm going to post here but I enjoy breaking ROMs and streaming mediocre hacks for the amusement of my friends. Many of the hacks I've seen have been good game design studies, but sadly they've mostly been good references for what not to do.

bit-smith

• View Profile
    • Embedded RE
« Reply #753 on: May 03, 2015, 12:35:43 am »
HI All!

bit-smith here, I am a novice reverse engineer and I absolutely love reversing older ROMs for the gameboy advance and sega master system! I look forward to posting my findings here and learning from the community, some of my work can be seen on my website in my signature below, let me know what you think!!

Cheers
Check out my website: www.destinaxe.wordpress.com

duckjuice

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 07, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »
Hi, lifetime gamer here! I've enjoyed video games since they were only thing that would get me to stop crying.

Interested on learning SNES programming to someday enhance KOEI's PTO 2.

xirtamehtsitahw

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 08, 2015, 05:25:51 pm »
Hello, Romhacking.net. I would like to play a game. *In Jigsaw puppet voice*

Actually, I've been playing games since I was about 4 years old. I'm 34 now, so that means I have 3 DECADES of video-game experience. Consoles/computers/handhelds I've played include the Atari 2600, Magnavox Odyssey, NES, SNES, Game Boy/GBC, GBA, DS, N64, GameCube, Wii, PlayStation, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, XBox, 360, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Apple // series, Macintosh series, Commodore 64, and countless Tiger handheld LCD games, various Game & Watch titles, and dozens of other handhelds of varying sizes (from keychain-sized to PSP-sized).

In addition to playing video games...I hack codes for them as well. My favorite type of codes to find are for games that my PSP isn't "supposed" to play (NES, SNES, GBA games, for example). I've found over 100 codes for games of this type alone. Add in the other codes I've found for GameCube, Wii, Genesis, N64, DS, and even homebrew titles, and the result is I've lost count of how many codes I've hacked! LOL

suckhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2015, 05:50:47 pm »
hello everyone, i am suckhacker. i've been long registered on smwcentral and i learned a lot of ASM there. i code several blocks and sprites that become popular within that hacking community.  i no longer active there because two of guys, S.N.N. and Alcaro, do not like me very much (especially S.N.N.) I also dabble bit in zelda hacking and final fantasy 1 hacking.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 08, 2015, 08:25:10 pm »
hello everyone, i am suckhacker. i've been long registered on smwcentral and i learned a lot of ASM there. i code several blocks and sprites that become popular within that hacking community.  i no longer active there because two of guys, S.N.N. and Alcaro, do not like me very much (especially S.N.N.) I also dabble bit in zelda hacking and final fantasy 1 hacking.

Welcome.

So which Zelda you hack?
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

xirtamehtsitahw

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 13, 2015, 02:32:32 pm »
This may be a bit off-topic, but is directed at suckhacker:

Try building a Twilight Princess hack, where you directly control Midna, instead of Link. Or, an Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask hack where you control Navi/Fi instead of Link.

The objective of this hack is basically "don't let your partner die"--sort of a twist between the Mystery Dungeon series and mainstream LoZ.

Skelletonike

• Mwahahahahaha! >3
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 14, 2015, 12:26:10 pm »
Since everyone around here seems to be starting their introductions with hello, hi or similar greetings, I felt like starting with a normal sentence instead, just because it's cool to be different (nah, not really).

My username is Skelletonike (obviously), however most people just call me Skell for short. I've been a member in tons of places and have been following romhacking.net for quite a long time (never really remembered to make an account until quite recently).

What originally drove me to this place were the fan translation for some old games that I love (and some not so old). A couple of years ago I honestly even tried to learn the basics following the tutorial provided over here, for some reason though, I got bored and gave up, I guess I'll give it another try this time around.

Hum... What else should I say before this gets too long and boring to read (if it already hasn't)... I'm an RPG lover, Dragon Quest and Super Robot Wars are my favourite series in their respective areas (turn based RPGand SRPG) and my favourite type of pie is blueberry pie, so feel free to give me some pie.

That's it then, nice to meet ya all!