News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 558944 times)

UltimateGamerCC

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #660 on: January 19, 2014, 02:37:51 am »
i would like to introduce myself and announce what i plan to bring to the site in the future, i am UltimateGamerCC AKA TheGamingPaladin on YouTube.

i have several hacks in mind, but there will not be a release date, i wanna keep myself open like Blizzard Entertainment does XD

Super Mario RPG 2: Smithy's Revenge (G,L,T,GP)

Super Mario World: Trapped in the Minus World (G,L,T,GP)

Super Wario 64: Chaos at the Keep (G,L,T,GP)

Note: More will be added if further brainstorming takes place :)

feel free to send feedback, ask questions, even Volunteer to lend a hand! i hope to entertain you all with my work, expect dedication and tidyness from my hacks as i dont plan to release half-assed material.

Madao

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 19, 2014, 03:33:46 am »
Super Mario RPG 2: Smithy's Revenge (G,L,T,GP) sounds interesting  :) . What are your plans for this game?

UltimateGamerCC

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 19, 2014, 03:50:36 am »
well i'm glad that you asked :)

my plans are to take the original game and not just make it like a hack, but like how Nintendo and Square would've taken the game to.

the story will continue after the original (about 1 year later)

Level Cap will be increased to 99 (level 30 seemed too short back then)

stats will be altered to mimic that of a final fantasy game (HP, Magic, Boss Battles, etc.)

Bowser will be replaced with another playable character, cant say why as it would spoil the surprise XD

new places, baddies, spells, items, minigames, even going to modify the inventory to fit the FF style i'm going for.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:38:32 am by UltimateGamerCC »

UltimateGamerCC

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 19, 2014, 05:49:09 am »
UltimateGamerCC here, Gamer, YouTuber, Rocker, Metalhead, Foodie and all-around couch potato lol

been into Video Games since i was old enough to hold an NES Controller (though my first system was a Sega Master System XD)

i plan to add Hacker and Game Creator/Tester to my description in the future, by providing fun and challenging game hacks for all to enjoy here at RHDN :)

anyone wanna know more you're free to ask, i'm an open book.

Fazermint

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 29, 2014, 02:26:38 pm »
Hello, Fazermint here.

I've recently been looking into learning the basics of romhacking. While I'm pretty good with computers, I suck at programming/scripting/etc. I've made a working vanilla hack of Pokemon Red (your typical 151 hack) with the available user interface tools. However, if I want to move on to making a crystal 251 hack, I need to learn more. I've got a couple of specific things I'd like to achieve with the crystal 251 hack: 1) Edit pokemon's evolution methods to get rid of those pesky trade evolutions. 2) activate the celebi GS ball event, as I've seen other hacks do. I guess I have to learn hex editing for this. Does anyone have an estimate of how hard exactly these two goals would be for someone with no hex editing experience (assuming I'm capable of learning it with some effort)? Appreciate any feedback :)

Hak Hak Drakkhen

« Reply #665 on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:55 am »
Greetings. I'm Hak Hak Drakkhen, new to ROMHacking and have one project in mind: to learn to hack the SNES game Drakkhen. Many people say it sucks, but it's one of my favorite games, and it looks like a unique hacking project. I've never hacked before, but I want to hack hack Drakkhen. :D

megatron-uk

• View Profile
    • My videogame database
« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2014, 08:55:53 am »
Hi, just joined up - I'm interested in PC-Engine hacks at the moment.

I've active over on pcenginefx.com and am writing a C interface to the Turbo-Everdrive so that homebrew games and utilities can have read/write access to the SD card filesystem. This is all due to the efforts of MooZ to create a working SD interface library from Krikzz sample code.

Anyway, with that out the way, I'm also interested in translating Cyber Knight for the PC-Engine as well. I've currently got the font translation table created - it has a full A-Za-z font support built in (I'm ignoring kanji for the moment, it only seems to be used for menu commands), but am having a hard time tracking down where all the text is and the format of the dialogue (it seems to be partially compressed, or at least embedded with control codes that mean not all the text matches my lookup table).

I've posted about it in the personal projects section.

John

joaquinbj

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 16, 2014, 02:00:59 pm »
Hello everybody I'm new

Hola gente, aquí estoy, soy nuevo, un saludo.  :laugh:

JadePharaoh

• View Profile
    • Low Bias Gaming
« Reply #668 on: February 17, 2014, 05:31:12 am »
Hello!  ;D I've been a long time frequenter of this site, but I haven't posted in the message board yet, and as I do have a question now, I figured it would only be appropriate that I introduce myself here as well. I've done Let's Plays for quite a few years now, both on my own YouTube channel and as part of a group called Low Bias Gaming. Many of the games I've done now are hacks I've gotten right here as well.

Pancio

• View Profile
    • Custom Roms
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2014, 10:41:11 pm »
i would like to say hello to all RHDN stuff, contributors, fans, etc ;)
idea of this site is just awesome, i hope you'll be online forever ;)
regards

BamfNight

« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2014, 09:18:55 am »
Hello,

I'm BamfNight. I am mostly into Super Mario Bros and Pokemon hacks. I never knew that this type of scene existed. Can't wait to dive into the hacks.

Klint-psk

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 07, 2014, 08:04:50 am »
Greetings! I'm Klint-psk, a english-to-spanish translator. I mostly hack old Nintendo games, but I also helped in some modern translations like Fragile Dream in spanish. Currently I'm translating Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem.

breadbin

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2014, 05:54:31 am »
hi all, i just registered now to get help but if i can be of help i will. have a bit of programming experience, in c but am always trying to learn asm. have been hacking dos games all my life but never a console. i love japanese games and in particular mystery dungeons. Kingcom is a big hero of mine and have played all the translations he was involved with. i'm not a nintendo fanboy but i'd have to say the snes and gba are my favourite systems of all time. ah zelda!

anyway glad to be here!

Vorthod Wiler

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »
Hey guys, I'm Vorthod Wiler.

I hadn't really thought about becoming a ROM hacker before now, but time and time again I am disappointed to be reminded that the company who translated "Koihime Musou" has failed to take up the translation of its sequels, specifically "Shin Koihime Musou." As a senior computer science major I have some experience with coding in different languages; combining that with the fact that i have been learning Japanese for a few years now, I decided to try my hand at putting together a patch. As might be expected from someone diving headfirst into the ROM hacking world, I have very limited information on how to even start and am a little daunted by the apparent difficulty of what little I have seen so far, so I hope to be able to use this community to its fullest until I can get this game to the people who want to play it.

markham86

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 21, 2014, 12:30:59 am »
Hello everyone, I'm very new to ROM hacking. The only one I have completed is a Pokemon Emerald hack. I really want to do a Castlevania hack for GBA but I cannot find any utilities for it. I have a few ideas brewing in my head but I don't think the NES ones can handle it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

DreamingRainne

• A flower in the mist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 24, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »
Hi. I used to be a halfway-productive ROM hacker many years ago, and I sorta am again recently. I’m mainly interested in NES hacking, potentially homebrew/development too. One facet of my life that paints a more complete picture of who I am, I’ve found.

I had an FF1 hack gathering dust since 2006 or so, but was recently motivated to take it up again, and I expect to finally release it soon. (I’ll post more about it here, once this thing deigns to let me edit my profile.)

I’m more socially active in #rom-hacking on EsperNet. But I remember days when forums were more prominent in the group I hang out in, and lately, I can see anew the appeal of it. So, you may see more of me around here!

HarvettFox96

• View Profile
    • HarvettFox96's Personal Page on Neocities
« Reply #676 on: March 25, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
Hi guys,

Allow me introduce myself, my name is GrandChaos9000.

I have couple skills for coding, drawing, hacking, etc. and I'm planning to release some my own hacks in this site.

(Note: Sorry for bad English anyway.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:17:38 pm by GrandChaos9000 »

DarkShockBro

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 25, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »
Hello, everyone! I'm DarkShockBro.

I'm a 17 year old male creative writer who's starting to get into visual novels and SNES Hacking. I don't have a lot of hacking skills, but I can translate Engrish to English very fluently. I look forward to becoming more active on this forum and perhaps even getting into some projects!

john_smith_account

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:33 am »
Hello, I'm john_smith_account.  I have a busy life, and many hobbies including game modification.  I'm currently working on a Mod for The Legend of Zelda : The Ocarina of Time.

I'm not new to the community, but I am starting over.

I look forward to making new friends here, and hope it's not ruled by ego driven Nazi's like the last forums I joined.

Skull Kid

« Reply #679 on: April 06, 2014, 08:37:34 pm »
Hey guys, I'm Skull Kid.

I found this site today shortly after I found some impressive Banjo-Kazooie hacks on youtube and got interested in romhacks.

I'm an aspiring game-designer, going off to Uni in London to do Games Design, so I might try my hand at creating on here but for now I'm just excited to start trying out some of these hacks!

I'm only 19 years old but I'm a big gamer and I've always loved older games as much/more than modern games. Despite how far the technology has come along I'm still a child at heart and these 'dated' games still fill me with the same awe I felt when I was a child watching my parents play.

Anyway, ramble over. Hoping to enjoy this place enough to stay!