News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 587595 times)

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »
S'up cousin? I see you made it.  :thumbsup:

Trust me man, you'll like it here. It's really a cool and mellow community here, feel free to look around, you'll find plenty of talent in here. I'll see you later on AiM or My Space.  :beer:

MacLeon

« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2007, 12:20:32 pm »
Hello everyone.  ;D I am new to this site. I have beenplaying all kinds of ROM games on different emulators, and now I think I am ready to start ROM hacking. :thumbsup:

Vyse the determined

• Heroic Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Sanctuary Youtube Page
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2007, 08:04:07 pm »
Hello All! I'm Vyse the determined and I love all forms of gaming. I'll be perfectly honest to you guys. I don't know a thing about ROM hacking (though I know a fair deal about emulators and emulation). I found out about you guys by looking at my site statistics and they say that I was mentioned at this site, though I don't remember speaking to anyone from here. I know a little bit of japanese (Hiragana and Katakana) if that will help any.

My goal is very similar to you guys. I want to create information for all sorts of obscure games for any systems I can get my hands on. Of course, I don't provide full blown translations like you guys (very nice work by the way), but I want to acknowledge the various odd games that don't get much recognition. I noticed that someone was talking about Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes and Koto Battle (KB is an excellent game by the way). If you want, I can mention a number of other odd games. I'll do a little more surfing around the site to see what may or may not be worked on. Forgive me If I make some mistakes, but this site has a vast archive of information so I may overlook something.

Anyway, excellent job guys. If there is any way I can help, don't hesitate to let me know...though I should inform you that I've been very busy as of late working on my own site. Therefore, responses might be a wee bit slow.

-vtd-
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:55:44 pm by Vyse the determined »

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »
Nice site ya got there. I found a few games that piqued my interest thanks to your site. ;)
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Vyse the determined

• Heroic Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2007, 09:47:48 pm »
No problem pal  ;)

I'm always working on new reviews and I like to grab scans and art illustrations too. I plan on discussing Elemental Master (Sega Genesis/Megadrive), Pocket King (GBC), and Bushi Seiryuuden (SFC/SNES) among other things. Just tweaking site layout a little bit.  :)

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2007, 10:08:12 pm »
My goal is very similar to you guys. I want to create information for all sorts of obscure games for any systems I can get my hands on. Of course, I don't provide full blown translations like you guys (very nice work by the way), but I want to acknowledge the various odd games that don't get much recognition. I noticed that someone was talking about Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes and Koto Battle (KB is an excellent game by the way). If you want, I can mention a number of other odd games. I'll do a little more surfing around the site to see what may or may not be worked on. Forgive me If I make some mistakes, but this site has a vast archive of information so I may overlook something.

You might be interested to know that, some years back, I completed a full translation of Madou Monogatari. It's even cuter than your review would have us believe :) Incidentally, I recommend trying out the Dungeon Druaga game for the GBC. It's fantastically good, which is a real surprise considering that the Druaga series as a whole teeters dangerously towards the, er, "dirty" end of the proverbial stick.

Vyse the determined

• Heroic Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2007, 11:23:25 pm »
"It's even cuter than your review would have us believe  :)"

Even cuter you say? I didn't think that was possible!  ;D

I'll try that Druaga game out, though when I make reviews for the site, I usually use the original game just so people don't think the game actually came out in regions it may not have been released. I do know about the Madoh Translation though. I come from the SNES General Board on GameFAQs and we pretty much find anything SNES. Your list of translations is outstanding! I gotta fix my Genesis reviews and then I can add more reviews to the site. All my reviews are supposed to look like the Madoh Monogatari review, but I got lazy and didn't want to change the layout. Better late than never I suppose.

joshua s

• Buster Machine No. 7
    • View Profile
    • One of my Hobbies...
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2007, 09:59:02 am »
Hi, I'm Joshua.
I've already been here a little while but thought I should introduce myself.

I'm currently helping Tonuchi on his Harvest Moon project.
I'm interested in text hacking/replacement, but I'm always up for new things. :)
I've taught myself a smidgen of Japanese and will be taking some Japanese classes over the next few years at my university.
Sooooooo....I guess that's it for now.

visualdefenition

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2007, 10:31:33 am »
Hmmm.....

Well, been a member for quite awhile >:D, never really got too involved in the romhacking stuff, although I have fiddled with a table here or a graphic hack there. I thoroughly enjoy this community and visit when I some free time to do so.

Was a former animal handler/performer where I worked with reptiles (mainly snakes and alligators) performing shows, then I moved on to work with mammals. I am a huge animal person, but my passion lies in the marine sphere of life. I am currently going to a community college for an AA in Biology, then plan on going to Miami for a BS in Marine Biology. By the way, all you Floridians may have heard of my hometown, Slow-cala :P

I am a very fun person; I try to always see the good in the bad and enjoy others intelect in conversation.
I do know a little written Japanese, however, i'm much more proficient in the spoken language.

My hobbies include exercising,  Scuba Diving (not suprising), and many other outdoor activities.DOES ANYONE ELSE SCUBA DIVE?! I hope to stick around for awhile and crack jokes, make friends, and and enjoy this little community that NC started in hopes that he would take over the U.S. feder....oops too much, gotta stay low key. 8) See ya round ;)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2007, 10:32:08 am »
Hello! I'm tc, more commonly known as theclaw or similar names. I started ROM hacking in 2001. Joining Acmlm's Board around that time. Since then, I've attempted hacks of several games. SMW is my first and best project, also the only one currently active.

I'll make it clear that I have very little programming talent. Small bits of BASIC perhaps, though few if any of it's countless variants have become truly widespread in ROM hacking. 'PRINT', 'GOTO', and 'LOAD "*" ,8,1' aren't too useful these days. :P

I picked up a little German long ago, but forgot most of it. Simple lines like "Das ist nicht gut?", I think.

Most info on my hacks isn't all in one place. Dig around the profile links or feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

InVerse

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2007, 01:12:07 am »
Hi. I'm InVerse. Many of you already know who I am. If you don't, you're probably better off that way. Anywayz, rumors of my demise were slightly exaggerated. Why the hell does exaggerated have 2 g's in it? That just looks stupid. So yeah... I guess I'm back. Sort of.

PS: I would appreciate it if someone could capitalize the V in my entry in the main site's database the next time boredom strikes.

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2007, 02:03:59 am »
wow do we get the coolest people or what, nice to see you back InVerse,
I said no way your not new to romhacking. Well and any friend of Googie is a friend of mine too.
And for the rest welcome to the coolest forum on earth.
Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.

Rachel

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2007, 11:27:53 pm »
I'm Rachel. Hi.
I like doing the NES music making thing. I'm trying to learn 6502, but I'm not so great with it. I have an idea for an NES game, but so far all I have is the title screen.
I play lots of video games. (Surprise!)
Other things I like to do? Knitting, sewing, watching cartoons, science... probably some other stuff.
Nice to meet (sorta) you dudes.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2007, 09:31:57 am »
Welcome to the Board. We've got quite a few people versed in 6502 and the NES hardware here and plenty more people who know assembly and are skilled in console programming in general from around the globe. Have you been to NesDev?. That's a very good resource for what you're doing.

What type of 'NES music making things' are you referring to? Do you compose at all?
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2007, 02:23:03 am »
I'm trying to learn some 6502 as well. I'm reading this book called "Programming The 6502." I think someone recommended it to Kitsune Sniper & I just leeched. :P

Anyway, what kind of NES music stuff do you do?

Rachel

« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2007, 01:10:15 pm »
Yeah, I used to lurk on the NesDev forums, but I felt too uncomfortable to post questions. It seems like the responses to most newbie questions posted there are usually something like, "You clearly don't understand the NesDev docs or you wouldn't post a ridiculous question like that! Read blehblehbleh.txt and learn 6502 and come back when you have an intelligible question." No one likes being ridiculed unnecessarily, not even me.
The NES stuff is my first foray into game programming (highly unrecommended by the folks in the NesDev forums, by the way). I've got an excellent book called 6502 Assembly Language Programming and lots and lots of .txt files and demo source codes. I'm at the point where all the source code makes sense and I am able to do create my own very simple demos, but I am still struggling with some ASM fundamentals. Sometimes I see a source code and think, "Why is that being loaded into X? What about A?" I likely am missing some key nuggets of ASM knowledge. I haven't been working with it for too long though, so I'm optimistic that I'll get better as I get more practice.
As for the music questions, I've composed some original music via the MML method. I've also done two covers: Muse - Muscle Museum and Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You. My next MML goal is to create a best of Queen. Yes, I do love me some Queen. And the 2A03 sound seems fitting for some reason. If I do create a decent number of Queen tracks, I'd like to put them on a cart with a little selection screen interface.
So, I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily and without embarrassing myself too much.

Nec5

• It was fun until humorlessness won out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2007, 02:37:21 pm »
I've done some basic table modding for Diablo II but nothing console related.  Since I've followed the old whirlpool/donut translations site for many years as well as this new great site, I figured I should go ahead and register.  If nothing else, I can thank the fine folks that have done some of these hacks and translations.  Right now, I'm plowing through der langrisser.  Nice to meet all of you.
When Reason Fails

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2007, 03:27:47 pm »
I've got an excellent book called 6502 Assembly Language Programming and lots and lots of .txt files and demo source codes.

The one by Rodney Zaks (think I spelled that right)? That's the one I started out with and I can say with some confidence that I learned more from it than any of the text files floating around. :-\
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Rachel

« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2007, 04:11:17 pm »
Nope, the author of this book is Judi Fernandez. I like it because each chapter is followed by a summary and a self-test. I picked it up on Amazon for about $10.
I haven't read the Rodney Zaks one, but my local library has it. I may check it out.

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2007, 04:17:20 pm »
Queen on the nes now that would be awesome, also thats one of my favorite groups next to Dio.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:05:02 pm by Me_Dave »
Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.