News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 286210 times)

birtles

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1040 on: October 21, 2017, 12:34:48 am »
Hi everyone, I'm birtles. I've really enjoyed reading about romhacking since I've come across sites like this, and have recently become interested in dabbling in it a little myself.  It's all still very new to me, but I'm slowly picking things up as I read more. My main interest is the NES.

mendou

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 21, 2017, 06:08:19 pm »
Hi there, long time lurker here. Today I decided to finally join the community because why the hell not. :lol
Love this place and the members, I hope to learn a lot.
Peace

Shade Aurion

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 22, 2017, 04:42:28 pm »
Hi everyone! Long time user, first time poster. No newb to forums or rom patching. Thought it was time I made an account :3

overlordmikey

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 23, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »
Hey, pleasure to greet you all. I am currently reading through the excellent "Getting Started" section.

I am here with one fairly straightforward goal. I am a gay man who wants to alter some games to include either people like me or gay options. Nothing overly complex or "ambitious" for the most part (I mean no hacking project it simple obviously, but my goal is to the point).

I am actually planning to do a hack of Harvest Moon DS Cute and Harvest Moon DS first (as a sorta dedication to Harvest Moon FoMT/MFoMT True Love Edition) as the creator of that has chosen to skip those two and also because I just plain wanna play Cute and marry the Forget-Me-Not-Valley Guy I wanna marry AS A guy.

Well I have other games I'd like to also do this kinda stuff with, I don't wanna get ahead of myself obviously.

I mean I only understand the very basics and am not even sure what the best tools to use are yet (particuarlly in the cast of exporting and importing new sprites).

Anywho I'm a fast learner so if you don't mind me being such a newbie then I'm sure we'll all get along awesomely.

secret-glade

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 24, 2017, 11:41:06 am »
Hey, everyone.

Joining the board after quite a bit of reading and downloading. Want to learn more so I can start working on some ROM translations. I have a four game worklist so far and I'm currently working on getting the hang of hex editing. Glad to be here  :angel:

Razieldemon

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 06, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »
It's been a long time since I joined something new on the web aside from social media.

Like many here, my casual curiosity about ROM hacking has moved into a bit of an obsession after seeing a few really fantastic hacks come out.

Especially after reading the developments on one of my favourites, Mega Man X3 Zero Project I realize if you want to do this you can't "dabble" So much as know you'll be spending awhile working on editing and learning to produce anything meaningful.

So you could say I'm both excited and more than a little afraid of what's in store for me to learn.

Aside from all that I am an avid fan of several video games and many transformers properties.

I also write some music and prose. And more recently... really poor comic book drafting as well.

Love shows like Death Note, Breaking Bad, Voltron and of course Stranger Things.

Looking forward to making some new friends.

Want to work on replacing audio in PSone era games, heavy sprite editing for SNES and PSone and maybe some Mugen. Mostly get my feet wet to see what can be done.

RoyTheDragon

• View Profile
Long time editing, new here.
« Reply #1046 on: November 06, 2017, 05:15:08 pm »
Heyo everyone, you might not know me but I'm Roy.

It may not come to your surprise/attention but i was the one that created F-Zero SNES tracks packs using the slightly-reliable FUZEE editor (I say slightly reliable more so due to the fact that some of the tiles that had existed within the original game cannot be found in the editor.)
 (2 of them to be exact, The Revenge and Alt Strike (Which is going over a MAJOR overhaul at the moment.))

My hack was noticed by quite a few actually, notably a small but rather nice F-Zero community.

I myself want to try get into a much bigger spectrum of game creation than just level editing and such, palette swaps, new sprites, decompiling files and being able to read hex code.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:06:50 pm by RoyTheDragon »

phantomhackers

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 07, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
hiii, i am a new comer on this site, and i hope this forum is going to be informative like. Thanks guys

HienFan

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:14 pm »
I'm HienFan someone who has been dabbling with translations and looking at the translations of various games here, here's to hoping to translating a few PSX titles

MotokoChill

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 14, 2017, 11:34:41 pm »
Hi, I'm a translator learning how to be a game dev. (And also how to fan-translate games)
I'm working on Thousand Land right now but a focus of mine is going to be SMT NINE as well as most likely other OG Xbox/GCN/PS2/Saturn/NDS/PSP games.

My japanese knowledge is sub-par but I'm learning what I need to for these things.
Hope to do good work; Good to be here.

bman83

• View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: November 15, 2017, 01:50:50 am »
Good Afternoon all,

80's kid from Austrlia, and MAME-R from along time ago.

Got a 4 player cabinet that I tinker with. Thought this would be a good place to hang