News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 363724 times)

EnchantressOfNumbers

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1000 on: May 11, 2017, 11:08:00 am »
Hello everyone!  I'm EnchantressOfNumbers or EoN, as many people abbreviate my name.  I've been using this site recently so I figured I should create an account and join the community a bit more.  I'm a software developer by trade, so I'm looking forward to expanding my skill set doing more work in 6502 rather than the high level languages I use at work.

My main hobby is speedrunning primarily focusing on Tetris the Grand Master and Zelda 2.  A while ago I got an idea for a Zelda 2 rom hack targeted at speedrunners kind of in the spirit of some of the Kaizo Mario hacks.  I'm still very much in the early stages on my hack, but I look forward to sharing my progress as I go and just generally becoming a part of this community.

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
I just registered and thought this would be a good start. My name is odviously teeporage. Im a big retro game fan and about a year ago i ran into ky first mario hack ever. Ever since ive been a big collector of them. I really have no idea about hacking and would love to learn.  I thought this would be the best place to do so and have alot of fun. I do like other hacks and trans. Games but my favorites are marios.
 There are alot of people that got me thinking about making my own. People such as googie, frantik, dahrkdaiz ect. I hope to learn alot and enjoy my time here. Thanks to the mods who approved my registry. 
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

Teishou

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46:13 pm »
Hi there. I'm a big fan of tactics styled games and VNs. I guess I'm technically a professional translator, but I would like to work a project or two with some people to freshen up my portfolio, so to speak. If anyone's ever interested in pursuing those kinds of games, I'm all for it. :) I'd originally planned to do the Riven games with a group, but that fell through years ago, unfortunately.

Here's to something new!

SorceressTerra

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 21, 2017, 10:20:00 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm SorceressTerra, named after one of my favorite RPG characters ever. I am a huge fan of primarily retro FFs as in I-IX Chrono games Legend of Dragoon etc. Haven't played much different titles in my life. I'm not by any means a programmer or knowledgeable in it either, I can at least enter the strings where their supposed to go but anyone can do that LOL. My hobbies include medieval weapon collecting(I own a battle ready Claymore albeit a moderate quality piece going to start growing my collection) weapons testing(only with my Claymore as of now sadly), cycling, cooking, video games...  mainly rpgs(I game less than I used to) gardening and many more! I'm really introverted essentially a loner sides for a special friend in my life and my cats hehe. Currently unemployed because my last stupid job casted "Rub" on my employment ie they "terminated" me.. get it, yeah I'm sure you do. :-\

Well that's a bit of me.

BoxofScraps

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 22, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
Ive always been an admire of people putting in hard work and effort to translate games, rom hacking, or coding.  Whether its wanting to test your skills, wanting to see your favorite games translated, or seeing it as means to share with people all over the word due to not being imported, I want to say thank you to everyone who does this!  While I may never seem to wrap the ideas of binary or coding around my head, one of my many goals is to share with people the talents of people who put their time and effort into rom hacking.  Im an aspiring content creator who make videos based on gaming and anime.  Im trying to combine the two together, create a niche if your will.  The games I want to play, I want to showcase the hard work from all of you to the world!  But in the end this post is a big thank you!  You guys are awesome!

Power Keg Greg!

mod note: A great sentiment, but I moved this here as it's really the place for this kind of 'introduce yourself' post.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:08:14 am by MathOnNapkins »

Ganbare-Lucifer

• Modern Mystical Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 28, 2017, 04:57:40 pm »
Hello...

Right at the point, I'm a 'standard' game modifier, that works in MUGEN, Super Mario War and Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch... And now I'm going to expand further by getting started into official game rom hacking. I just started with Super Mario World in SMW Central, and now I want to modify other games too.

I'm also onto creating a 100% original game with original characters, called Aventurine Wanderriors, based on a previous crossover saga. And well, here am I.

Nice to meet you.

Mekanaizer

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 30, 2017, 07:57:51 am »
Hello to all people.
I'm Mekanaizer (thou I use/used other nicks along the years).
I'm here to help where and when ever I can. I don't know if I will ever release something here, time will tell...
Hope to have a good time here with all.
Thank you.

TheGunheart

• I Walk Under The Sun
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1007 on: May 30, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »
Hello, major fan of mecha games and a major thank you to Aeon Genesis for translating Front Mission Gun Hazard. I've lurked here and there for a while and decided to finally start an account, which I'll admit I likely won't use much as I lack the programming skill to work on projects of my own.

vigorousjammer

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2017, 09:30:17 pm »
みんなさん、はじめまして!ビゴロスジャッマです! :laugh:
Despite the introduction, my Japanese is actually still really rusty and I'm nowhere near fluent. (I sometimes feel I never will be, but I keep studying away.)
Anyway, I thought I'd join the site and check out the different projects here and what everyone's up to.  :woot!:
I currently work on scanlation and fansubs (mostly doing editing work and proofreading), but thought it might be fun to try and get into the romhacking scene, too. ;D
In any case, I'm pleased to make everyone's acquaintance.

emask

• Thanks for popping by!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 28, 2017, 03:33:43 pm »
Joined recently but have been a longtime fan of what goes on here.

First attempted any sort or ROM hacking as a kid.  I don't do it much now, but certainly enjoy playing people's creations.  Recently found and shared my first hack from when I was a kid.  Looking forward to learning more from the awesome folk here and hopefully will attempt another project one day!  ...I'm looking at you SMB1 music...

Favourite game is OOT and MM--say what you will!  Huge Zelda fan (mostly of the older games), and I know I'm not alone in that respect.  To be honest, I haven't played many new games as my passions have drifted towards music over the years.  Nevertheless I like to be surprised by games that are different--Portal blew me away. 

I miss the N64 and GCN days.  There are great new games for sure, I'm just way behind the times.  I also miss games that don't hold your hand the whole way through, or have a somewhat cruel arcade feel to them.  To me, multiplayer is sitting beside your friends on the couch screaming together during a round of Melee, or GoldenEye 64. 

Thanks for being here RHDN!

emask
007 - You Only Live 2wice
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3506/

personitis

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 30, 2017, 11:38:09 pm »
Hello. I'm terrible with introductions.

I've been around romhacks since 2009 in the form of Super Metroid hacks and Metroid Construction is where my origin with the hobby started. Known about this site for a while, using it for reference sparsely over the years. Made an account early last year when Google started blocking/blacklisting downloads (or whenever that was) and haven't done anything over here since.

Like I mentioned, a lot of my work has been done with Super Metroid, though nothing super impressive. I've made two gimmicky hacks and a more original one: the gimmicks being one with constantly depleting health, the other one involving a ridiculous escape plan from Zebes, and the original being short yet slightly difficult. I've contributed to a few projects around MetConst as well. Again, nothing too large on my part; usually suggestions or small snippets of assembly. Most of my activity is wanting to understand how and why things work while offering a voice of opinion when asked.

My recent project has me digging into SNES Harvest Moon from nearly scratch. I'd like to eventually write an editor for it despite Jathys' editor existing, but the thing is rather ancient and dependent upon files which I didn't have my computer. :P But that's more of a potential long term goal as well as cleaning up the translation.

Figured I'd make my presence known and until I get more progress, I probably won't say much. So uhh, I guess that's me? ( '_' )b
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:44:23 pm by personitis »

Tea_Time

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 02, 2017, 10:41:24 pm »
Howdy and good evening!
They call me Tea Time, and I've been involved on and off in ROM hacking since around 2006 or 2007. Admittedly, my reasons for hacking in general are more selfish (or at least certainly seem more selfish to me) than others. Rather than wanting to provide a new experience in old games for others to enjoy, I prefer to further my own understanding of how older games work and how data is stored within them. Though with that being said, the reason why I joined up here was so that I could share my research with other members of this community, so that they can get some use out of the things I've found. Who knows, maybe it'll come in handy for someone!

baochan

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2017, 06:14:08 pm »
Guess I'll say hi here before posting. I've been working on a tabletop arcade machine and have hacked quite a few roms (100+ on 5 different systems), mostly to remap the controls to be playable on a machine with only a joystick and 3 buttons. It's amazing how many games actually require you to press Start to start, and changing it to "press any button" saves you a whole 2 inches on the button panel as long as you don't care about pausing.

A few games I've also added extra features to so they're more accessible (usually infinite lives/continues, nothing you couldn't get without a simple cheat code). But a handful I think might actually be interesting to other people. For instance, adding semi-rapid-fire to 1943 NES, start with full health (instead of a measly 30) on Metroid, speeding up that damn intro text on Bad Dudes NES.

It's been pretty satisfying figuring out how to change games with nothing but a disassembler and hex editor. As soon as I figure out how to post IPS files here I'll share a few of them.

Wild Striker

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 18, 2017, 03:34:45 pm »
Hello Friends
I'm Onur Super Modarator Of TsubasaTR.Net also youtuber. My channel is in my signature.

I saw your site and register it.
I use Hex editor.I have really good Captain Tsubasa 2 Hacks.I will share it this forum.
My dream one day CT-2 game make 2P and All star mode.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:55:32 am by MathOnNapkins »

strangebowl

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 22, 2017, 03:59:10 pm »
Hello, im completly new to romhacking and im interested to make use of assembly language here since i need to learn it anyway.  :crazy:

i also like mario games.

Specialkid1337

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 29, 2017, 06:49:24 pm »
*notices pinned Introduction message thread, realized mistake*

Hello everyone! I'm Specialkid, and I am brand new to the whole rom-hacking scene. My primary motivations for registering today was to essentially dive face-first into this one game that has escaped a successful translation into English with no avail: Star Ocean Blue Sphere. I am a huge fan of Star Ocean, so seeing this game have so many people start and stop (or maybe keep going, who knows) projects just makes me want to actually go into this project myself.

Essentially, the only skills I have towards tackling any of this is just programming knowledge, and I barely know a lick of Japanese, all I do know of Japanese is hiragana, katakana, no kanji, and some very basic grammar rules. I know, this isn't helping my case, but if I could end up fixing all of the graphical problems (like garbage onscreen, which IS something that is a huge issue when I play half-patched projects), it would definitely be a great way to improve my programming. This community is great, and I wish you all the best of luck in your own endeavors!  ;)  :thumbsup:
One baby step at a time...

dyipes

• Metroid Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 29, 2017, 11:54:01 pm »
Hello all!

I'm dyipes and I'm currently trying to learn some programming so I can help the community that gave me so many hours of entertainment over the years. I'm currently taking the CS-50x course on edx.org and I'm hoping that will give me some skills that will translate into something meaningful to the emulation and romhacking community down the road. I'm making somewhat decent progress learning C and I'm pretty excited about it!

I used to lurk the zsnes forums years ago when they were actually active and will lurk here every once in a while just because I find a lot of the topics interesting. What prompted me to finally register was seeing today's message about RHDN needing funds and starting a Patreon to support the site. I figure even if I don't make any progress with contributing to any project on here, the least I can do is thrown some money at RHDN to help keep the place up.

Techokami

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • For use only on NTSC Genesis Systems.
    • View Profile
    • Holenet
« Reply #1017 on: July 31, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »
Eh, better late than never.
I'm Techokami, I've been part of the ROM hacking scene since the early 2000s on places like AcmlmBoard. I've pushed for the concept of sharing assets, so people who aren't as talented as others in certain fields can still make incredible works. Former SMW Central admin, currently Tech Member on Sonic Retro.
I really only registered here after finding out that someone else was uploading my dumb old PHP scripts to the site, and needed to take ownership of the files.
I'm also very quiet ._.

miqrojamie

• View Profile
    • miqrojamie
« Reply #1018 on: August 06, 2017, 08:01:47 am »
Not a hacker but I do enjoy playing the odd ROM hack every now and then and am definitely interested in retro games so decided this would be a good place to go to. I also wouldn't mind getting some inspiration for mod related content for my own site through here.

I might make the effort to make a small hack one day if I can find time and dedication which will be difficult what with the upcoming Year 11 exams next year and college etc. (Yeah I'm 15, turning 16 in late September)

I'm also interested in computing although I cannot program at the current time, might learn PHP some day though so I can build dynamic websites and write my own modifications to forum packages.

Anyway; hope I enjoy my stay here at RHDN!
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
https://www.miqrojamie.me.uk/

jensma

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • I need coffee!
    • View Profile
    • jensma.de
« Reply #1019 on: August 07, 2017, 03:43:23 pm »
I do nothing but play games  :angel: