News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sega Saturn Castlevania Symphony of th Night Translation.  (Read 54608 times)

yanvbraz

• View Profile
Re: Sega Saturn Castlevania Symphony of th Night Translation.
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2018, 11:25:26 am »
@Aterbust

I believe this could be interesting for your translation project :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdrkUGaE08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFX-SuJ0wo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-L_PnSV6Q0

Apparently this guy is also doing a translation project for SOTN, but instead, for portuguese language. Maybe you can try to contact him, I'm sure you both could share a lot of knowledge involving the dialogues.  :)

draculax350

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 09:14:41 pm »
Yes, I have translated all Dialogs, but I want to remove the half transparency to make the dialogs more visible.
Now I'm translating the Itens and working in decompression of graphics, I was working on English pacth too but now I'll leave it in your hands.
Contact me, so we can help each other.

spyblack

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2018, 09:26:34 am »
@Aterbust

What a allsome progress on your romhack, me and a partner are undertaking a translation to portugueses, but we need to find the text routine to develop a funciontal vwf on Sega Saturn, this a big problem to be win. After that start to working a compress tool for images.
If you want to talk about this, change some ideas, feel free... We are at the point of functional tool to extract script and reinsert, reallocate pointers and move the text to another part of file, with more space.

pirate_sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:01 am »
I suppose it's a good idea that the next guy who makes a tool for editing/decompressing the game's files also adds a doc to the site explaining what he learned about the file formats, like nyxojaele did when he released SNEER.

Harlemhero

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2018, 09:30:13 am »
is there a place where we can follow the translation progress?

I was wondering the same thing actually.

spyblack

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »
I suppose it's a good idea that the next guy who makes a tool for editing/decompressing the game's files also adds a doc to the site explaining what he learned about the file formats, like nyxojaele did when he released SNEER.
This will not happens my friend, if the PSX tools wont be explained, for saturn i doubt that anything different happens, a really shame.

Aterbust

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2019, 08:46:14 am »
Hello, I found a new code in the file:
Complete the game once, then in a new game write as name: GTI-CLUB
You will start the game with 250000 gold

The code refers to the arcade game of the same name.

FeRcHuLeS

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:04 am »
Ohhhhh, so you've discovered that after more than 20 years, Absolutely Fantastic...!!!, Btw how is the project going until now, the work you've done so far is great. My favourite version of SOTN will be translated to english at last, thumbs up.

edgardeitor

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2019, 01:25:52 am »
Hi! I registered here because I'm interested in this project. Is there a way to help you? Where do we can follow the progress of this? Thanks in advance and congrats for the work you've done so far!

dat1niceguy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2019, 02:44:38 am »
Hey everyone, big fan of what all of you are doing. I'm currently learning about modifying little things for games I love a lot. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the text for Maria and Richter's name on the top left of the screen when you play either characters. I've spent days trying to figure it out. I did figure out how to increase/decrease my heart/health/magic/strength/con/int/luck to whatever value I wish. But I just can't figure out how to change the text on the top left for their names. Any help on where to start is appreciated!

draculax350

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2020, 10:27:53 pm »
I need to know if the project is still in progress, I have a particular interest in this project, I have already finished the Portuguese translation, with the exception of the main menu which is compressed.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2020, 08:27:19 am »
It's about time! Wanted this in English forever ago. Too bad you cant port it to PSX for smoother running, graphics, and audio... However if a better Saturn emulator were made... For PC, PSP, Mac, Linux, Android, etc... ;)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2020, 01:01:30 pm »
Wow, this in english would be awesome. I kinda quit trying to collect everything cause I can't understand the beastiary.

Aterbust

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2020, 06:59:06 am »
Hello all. It's been a while since I gave a sign of life. The translation is still in progress and is progressing well.

I found a text for an unused relic :

縮地のブーツ  (Shukuchi no buutsu)   
宗次郎愛用のブーツ 目にも写らねぇ速さ

Which I translated by :
Shrink Boots
Favorite boots of Mr. Sojiro. It's too fast to be seen.

"Shukuchi" is a Japanese-language term for various techniques of rapid movement. The characters in the word can be rendered literally as "shrink earth method", referring to the way the technique reduces the spatial distance between opponents.   Shukuchi is the Japanese word for the power of teleportation.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shukuchi