News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Site: RHDN Pro and Jazzy Themes  (Read 21160 times)

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
Re: Site: RHDN Pro and Jazzy Themes
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 08:48:09 am »
You picked a good color scheme. I got used to this much sooner than I expected I would.

elbobelo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 05:48:37 pm »
ATTENTION ADMIN!!

I checked out the main page of that new Earthbound hack called "New Controls" and found I can edit the hack details.  I don't think people should be able to edit other peoples hack entries.

Thanks.

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 06:17:12 pm »
ATTENTION ADMIN!!

I checked out the main page of that new Earthbound hack called "New Controls" and found I can edit the hack details.  I don't think people should be able to edit other peoples hack entries.

Thanks.

Uh... It's always been that way. Mind you, it's not a wiki. Changes have to be approved by staff. You can't change things willy-nilly.

antiheroforhire

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 11:51:17 pm »
The new theme looks good. I might not post here a lot, but I've used this site for years and definitely prefer the look of it now.

The only thing I mildly dislike is how amateur-looking the title graphic is (Romhacking.net) in hand writing compared to how sleek and modernized the rest of the default theme looks.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »
since you are redesigning the site wwhy not change the copyrights to 2013 instead of 2012? you can still see 2012 on the main page.

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:40 am »
While the new forum theme and a wish to do general updates to the site is highly praising, the new layout of the actual games/utilities etc is less appealing then the old layout.

A vertical layout of the actual game hack will make a text on the right look squeezed. While the general idea of a text going "around" the vertical main window is ok, this becomes a problem when the "Links" are being divided (a part of them starting from very left, a part starting right of the main window) and if the description is short, then the Links and even Screen shots get squeezed in the small area on the right, rather to have a full horizontal space, which they obviously need.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 12:52:27 pm »
I don't mean to complain, but I really liked the old theme a lot more than this new one... For starters, it was a lot more simple looking and easier to navigate. All the links on the left side of the screen disappear when one is logged in which makes it quite difficult to access anything when on the message board (such as the public maintenance). And on top of that, the RHDN mascot is now gone. Then again, maybe I'm just turning into one of those old people that hate and are afraid of everything new. I also dislike the youtube changes. I preferred the old layout and star system as opposed to the thumbs up and down thing they have had now for awhile.

Edit: The leaderboard was a nice addition. Is there anyway to use the old default theme again?
Edit 2: Well at the least now, the left side menu has appeared again. That's certainly good.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:50:01 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

granz

• View Profile
    • granz' corner
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »
I'm not sure if it's just for me, but elements of the board are slightly broken. When I'm not logged in, the bottom pane (where the New / No New Posts and Redirect Board icons are displayed) is missing. The icons are there, but no dark blue pane. When I log in, it returns to normal.

Secondly, the menu bar that normally appears on the left side of the page is... gone. :huh: I can't access any part of the site from within the board now.

EDIT: Now the side menu is back. Strange.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:44:10 pm by granz »
I'm no longer active on RHDN, but I keep coming back to troll, whee!

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »
It's worth noting that, at least for me, Quick Reply has gone missing. I'd poke my settings, but Restricted Members can't do that because SMF is dumb and doesn't let you disable just the content-related settings for users. :(

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »
It's worth noting that, at least for me, Quick Reply has gone missing. I'd poke my settings, but Restricted Members can't do that because SMF is dumb and doesn't let you disable just the content-related settings for users. :(

It looks like Quick Reply was turned off on some accounts. I switched yours to "on by default". Let me know if you'd prefer "off by default".
Mauron wuz here.

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 02:53:28 pm »
This Jazzy theme is damn awesome. I don't think RHDN's ever looked this good :thumbsup:

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 07:48:55 pm »
It looks like Quick Reply was turned off on some accounts. I switched yours to "on by default". Let me know if you'd prefer "off by default".

Thanks; it was supposed to be 'on by default' to begin with.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 09:00:52 am »
I don't see quick reply either. Mine must be turned off too.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:27 am »
Mine was turned off too. You too have to go to your profile and turn it back on. It seems like just restricted members like Kiyoshi aren't allowed to change the quick reply settings.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

granz

• View Profile
    • granz' corner
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »
It looks like someone fixed the missing blue pane issue I mentioned in my last post. In fact, everything seems to be working perfectly for me now.
I'm no longer active on RHDN, but I keep coming back to troll, whee!

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 02:51:21 am »
I dig the change, it makes it easier on my eyes personally. the translation page revamp is sweet. The only thing I could suggest is perhaps adding lightbox like functionality to the screenshots, but its mostly superflous, so I would understand if you didnt.
_-|-_

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 12:06:55 pm »
Most of the items in this thread should all be addressed and working fine. Some other items:

Old Themes:
Just to note, the remaining old themes are being upgraded to the new templates and the old broken stuff removed. You can see the details here if you use any of them.

MisterJones:
Yes, we eventually plan on enhancing images in several ways including lightbox like functionality. In addition, we want to allow more screenshots.

The Mascot
The mascot was removed because we don't own it and can't do as we please with it. It has caused too many issues over the years with all the objections to usage and what not. We will farther decouple with it as time goes on. We need a mascot that we own and can do whatever we'd like with it that isn't going to be a hassle.

Visited Link Coloring:
This was a bit of an oversight. I did not want visited links to apply to the entire page, specifically constant links like the navigation/menus. However, visited links would probably be appropriate in areas with changing data. For those of you whom used them, what areas did you use them in most?

Quick Reply:
All of your custom forum theme settings were reset when the theme change came, thus anyone who previously had the quick reply bar set would need to go back and set it again.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Lucumo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:51 am »
My damn god
first youtube, now this!
anyway to turn this thing back to normal?
Why leave a design alone when you can make it worse?

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2013, 09:16:18 pm »
Love it guys, thanks for implementing my theme - the forum looks great - it could use some colour tweaks to manipulate all the darkness.

been a while since I came - glad I did.
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jazz#9202

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:47 am »
I just noticed the old themes finally getting upgraded, great job there.  The new page layouts are what make the new theme so awesome, especially the pages for individual works.

But sometimes, when I load the forum, I see the wrong colors for about a split second until it loads the proper images.  It looks like it's loading one theme first, then loading your selected theme on top of it.

Edit: on second notice, I'm seeing it happen a LOT.  My theme is Blue Monkey, and I'm seeing a white background that lasts for a quarter-second often.  Usually it happens the first time a page loads in a session, but I saw it trigger even when editing this very post.  Maybe use matching background colors as placeholders for the images in the stylesheet?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:39:46 pm by Dwedit »
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."