News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished  (Read 36805 times)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 09:42:36 pm »
I recall being perplexed by this, but there is a path through the mountains that leads the way. I would recommend adding some cheats to turn off random encounters so you can explore more easily.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:36 pm »
From the mountain with the Roc nest simply go east. Afaik you shouldn't have any problems to on  ;)

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 12:09:58 am »
This is on the world map screen right?  The first place I checked was directly east of the mountain and I have moved all over that small area trying to make it through, but I'm blocked.  It looks like there is barely enough room to go through to the SE but I cant get through.

Edit:  I'm using a no encounter code and its not allowing me through anywhere in that direction, could it be some kind of glitch?  I did talk to the person at the bottom of the mountain after getting the Roc.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:31:44 am by heratio »

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:15 am »
This spot, right?

You have to wiggle the d-pad a bit, especially diagonally, to fit through. If you really can't get through whatever you do I can take a look at it if you upload a savestate or sram.

Psychlonic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 03:19:00 pm »
I got stuck at that spot too. I found, interestingly,

Spoiler:
That if you reach this point and are able to kill Majnun you get a game ending. Perplexed by this, I went to GameFAQs to see what the game endings were and how to get each and found nothing of this possibility. Although the ending is mentioned, it doesn't say you can get it so early. Not knowing what to do, I killed him in hopes that it would unlock more of the story since I couldn't get through the mountain either and didn't know what the hell to do. Also, it appears I've missed the criteria for the good ending anyways so I think I'm done with the game as I don't care to replay up to the point I'm at much less the level I'd reached running around trying to figure out WTF to do - UNLESS someone has cheat codes to fix this.
Just another old and grumpy gamer. Don't mind me.

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 05:18:43 pm »
I ended up cheating to get through by giving myself the Roc to fly around.  No matter what I tried to do, I could not sneak through that gap, the exact one in that picture.

Ryochan

• View Profile
    • Warped Lodgic
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »
Is this the same patch I was helping to work on a while ago?  From Yonin no Translators?  If so, I had wondered what happened to the group.

Nevermind, read the front.  Glad to see it get translated at least.  Sad I wasn't able to help YnT finish it, but never did get the script fixer to keep working on it.
Who needs a signature?  After all I'd only say something random, stupid, or throw in my latest insanity...

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »
Is this the same patch I was helping to work on a while ago?  From Yonin no Translators?  If so, I had wondered what happened to the group.

Nevermind, read the front.  Glad to see it get translated at least.  Sad I wasn't able to help YnT finish it, but never did get the script fixer to keep working on it.

That would be me, but there was nothing you or I could've done to help YnT finish it. I did my best in the readme to explain the technical issues that plagued the YnT translation and even if I did finish the script editing, the translation would have been only playable on ZSNES and other outdated emulators.

Ryochan

• View Profile
    • Warped Lodgic
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 12:46:53 am »
That would be me, but there was nothing you or I could've done to help YnT finish it. I did my best in the readme to explain the technical issues that plagued the YnT translation and even if I did finish the script editing, the translation would have been only playable on ZSNES and other outdated emulators.

Ah, I think you mistook what I meant.  When I said "script fixer" I meant the re-inserter, mixed with the fact that there was some crashing due to the coding in the hack.  A fix never got sent to me, so I was never able to finish working on what I was doing, and as you said, pretty much the main people handling all the coding disappeared from the scene, leaving no way to do much else with the game (trust me, I can't understand code, even though I've tried!)  After all, we had gone through and done what we could with the script, including touch up translations where we needed clarification.

And, well, I do still kind of like ZSNES, outdated or not :P  Nostalgia I imagine lol.
Who needs a signature?  After all I'd only say something random, stupid, or throw in my latest insanity...

Novalia Spirit

• View Profile
    • Fridgia Nova
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:52 pm »
Just posting to report some bugs concerning the naming menu:
1. The letters "Ñ "and "ñ" are displayed as "A" in the field and battle messages.
2. If you enter a name, press Y a few times, and then press B to delete a letter, the next letter will also be deleted, but it'll be displayed as garbage in map dialogue.
3. The descriptions for certain special items display the heroine's default name.

(Edited the list to include a third entry.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:16:32 pm by Novalia Spirit »

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:48 pm »
Noted. When I have time I'll fix it and release a new version of the patch.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
Beat it yesterday.  Turned out to be a good game but incredibly easy.  Sadly, the last boss did not even put up much of a fight against my level 38-39 fighters and never felt threatened.  No grinding is needed, at all, is my final opinion.  I spent a little time grinding in the middle of the game and found it may have made the game too easy.   A seasoned rpg veteran will beat this in 11-12 hours (had I not grinded I would have beaten it in 10 hours but beat it in a little over 11).  Even those without as much experience should have no trouble beating it in under 15 and levels not much higher than 45.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 05:15:00 am »
I also got the experience that you shouldn't grind in this game to keep the challenge alive.
If some monsters feel to strong at some point, simply use the cards.

Merta

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »
We should have a list of how many Super Famicom RPGs are still left to be fully translated. There are still a good amount of them left.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »
Some have been keeping something like that on my forum.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Merta

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »
Thank you Nightcrawler I forgot about that list. Thank you also for translating Super Famicom RPGs so that we can all enjoy them.

Novalia Spirit

• View Profile
    • Fridgia Nova
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:20 pm »
Just finished the game, so I might as well report the other issues I've noticed since my last post:

There are two cases where the dialogue window closes automatically after the last character is printed, probably because the message was terminated with the wrong control code:
1. When examining the red pool at Northwest Spring near the beginning of the game.
2. When the party first encounters the fish at the underground lake and the heroine says "Harty!".

A small grammar error that relates to an NPC in the first town:

I heard there are nine treasures in this world which can control spirits!

Change "which" to "that".

Also, I think it might be a good idea to change "Sale" to "Sell" in the shop menu, considering that the other term is "Buy."

Lastly, I encountered a game crash in the shop menu while testing something out in ZSNES 1.51 (I used snes9x the rest of the time). It might be an emulator bug, but resetting the game seems to resolve the issue, so it might not be the case. Here's the save file (just keep going in and out of the shop menu):

novaliaspirit.99k.org/temp/saves/arabian.zip

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 04:21:05 pm »
Incidentally about the shops I noticed that when you press the left button it increments the number of items by 10 and decrements by 10 when pressing right. Normally I'd think it'd be the other way around. That might be another small change to add if LostTemplar feels like it.

Ryochan

• View Profile
    • Warped Lodgic
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:24 pm »
We should have a list of how many Super Famicom RPGs are still left to be fully translated. There are still a good amount of them left.

I'd translate more if I could find projects I liked and drag my friend in lol. But I agree, more need translations :)  It's good that another is out though

Merta

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »
I'd translate more if I could find projects I liked and drag my friend in lol. But I agree, more need translations :)  It's good that another is out though

OK, this may sound very offtopic but how can a layman like me, who is no computer genius, help out to make the translation process move quicker? I would love to see all of them translated in my lifetime including Gran Historia(I am guessing no relation to Radiant Historia, even with the former's emphasis on time travel, I think) and Love Quest. Maybe the guy behind the Let's Not Play videos could play through the fully translated version of Love Quest and understand everything.

Thank you also for your contributions, to think that if the scene wasn't around than I wouldn't be able to play my favorite NES RPG(Chaos World) and a NES RPG that I could actually beat. I'll try out Arabian Nights but I don't want to get spoiled too quickly as I absolutely love RPGs, especially of the Japanese development kind. See I could segue-way to an ontopic comment.