News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished  (Read 36815 times)

Tater Bear

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 11:29:26 am »
This is great! I have been waiting for this game to be translated for several years  :). On a side note, I wonder if the patch was made in delta or linear mode.

Can some good soul explain me, in more mundane terms, why BPS is superior to IPS? Thanks in advance.

It can do Linear or delta patching (IPS does not do delta). IPS has a file size limit and BPS does not. BPS also stores checksums, so that can help the user know if he is using the correct ROM. BPS can also make smaller patches... But to sum it up... BPS has more abilities/features and it can do more with linear patching than IPS can. It can all be read on this page

I have problems with the .bps format. The "BEAT" patching tool just crashes with my PC when I open it, and I can't find another tool for .bps patching.

Technically your problem is not with the bps format. It is with a program that implements the format. You should share your issue with the author of the program. Although I have tried beat on several Windows OSs and never had a crash, so I think something might be seriously wrong with your computer that you should investigate.

bps is new, so the patchers are slowly coming out. There are 2 implementations that have been released, byuu's and screwtape's. There is another recently released multipatcher that added bps, it is called MultiPatch and it is for the Mac OS.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:21:08 pm by Tater Bear »

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 03:36:49 pm »
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Oh wait, isn't that my Melissa font used for dialog boxes? :o Now I see why it looked familiar to me. :P

Now that you mention it that seems to be the case. I had it lying around with some characters added to it and in a different format so I forgot where I had gotten it from. If you want I can credit you.

But this is such an amazing surprise, I didn't really imagine a completely different project for this game! Thank you, and I cannot wait to play this. I've been waiting for so long! ;)

It was our full intention to surprise everyone ;)

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »
Excellent work on the project, I was sorta expecting YnT to finish the translation back in the day, but It just stop updating out of the blue. Must be quite the work to start from scratch. Anyways I going to play through this game on a flash cart (Using a SD2Snes) So far I am not sure if its the game or the flash cart, but the game did freeze once which occurs right after I get my 3rd party member, and Ifrit says lets get out of here, and game freezes (Music still running, but you animation stops and nothing is moving).

Zetshiro

• Rainbow!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »
I've been playing this game for quite a bit, and I'm having quite a bit of fun (I especially like the characters).

I've also been getting pretty big Magic Knight Rayearth (SNES) vibes from this game (considering it's the same developer and even composer).

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 05:49:35 pm »
Excellent work on the project, I was sorta expecting YnT to finish the translation back in the day, but It just stop updating out of the blue. Must be quite the work to start from scratch. Anyways I going to play through this game on a flash cart (Using a SD2Snes) So far I am not sure if its the game or the flash cart, but the game did freeze once which occurs right after I get my 3rd party member, and Ifrit says lets get out of here, and game freezes (Music still running, but you animation stops and nothing is moving).

I just tried it in bsnes (unfortunately I don't have a flash cart, a situation I ought to remedy sooner or later...) and it worked fine - but I guess you're saying that it happened once and on the second try you got through without the bug occuring? How I hate sporadic bugs. Now that I'm thinking about it, I vaguely remember that the exact same bug happened to me once, but I'm not sure if it was in the Japanese version or mine. I'd really like to fix it - whether it's an original bug or was introduced by me - but without getting it to happen that's pretty difficult...

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 11:33:09 am »
Now that you mention it that seems to be the case. I had it lying around with some characters added to it and in a different format so I forgot where I had gotten it from. If you want I can credit you.
Nah, no worries. :P That font was meant to be used on one of Kingcom's project. Seeing it used for something else entirely sure is nice. :beer:
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

gamer_boy

• View Profile
    • Po.B.R.E. RomHackers
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »
Who know me, knows how much I follow the project Arabian Nights by Yonin No Translators,  Congratulations to Pennywise, Lostemplar, Eien ni Hen, ChronoMoogle and others who worked and playing this finished translation.  :angel: :crazy: :woot!:

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »
I just tried it in bsnes (unfortunately I don't have a flash cart, a situation I ought to remedy sooner or later...) and it worked fine - but I guess you're saying that it happened once and on the second try you got through without the bug occuring? How I hate sporadic bugs. Now that I'm thinking about it, I vaguely remember that the exact same bug happened to me once, but I'm not sure if it was in the Japanese version or mine. I'd really like to fix it - whether it's an original bug or was introduced by me - but without getting it to happen that's pretty difficult...

Yeah I tried it 3 more times, it froze in the exact same area. But the things is you can see the clouds moving, and as should as you finish the sentence everything just stops, the animation in background all freeze, of course the music still runs like normal.

So for the exact moment when it happens, it goes from  beating the boss in North Mansion and then, the conversation outside when Shukran says "Oh there are more?".
Thats the exact moment when it freeze.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »
Maybe you should save near to the event and upload the savefile of your card. I would like to try if I can reproduce that bug on my sd2snes.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 07:27:31 pm »
I uploaded the save file at 2share you just need to go to the mansion and defeat the boss and listen to the conversation outside.

http://www.2shared.com/complete/S50eMVg5/AN_Save.html

Edit*

I try the same thing on Snes9x, and it get through the part no problem, so I am guessing its a flashcart only issue.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:14:49 pm by Zoel »

butane bob

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »
Awesome work guys, cheers!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »
Zoel, have you tried loading the Japanese ROM at that point and seeing if the crash occurs? This would probably help determine if this is an issue with the translation.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:24 am »
I just tried it under the japanese rom, no freezes on the flash cart.

*Edit

I think its a sporadic bug. I tried to the same thing under the translated version, and it doesn't freeze at the point anymore.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:17:55 am by Zoel »

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 04:59:59 am »
I tried again in bsnes and couldn't get it to trigger, so either it's really a flashcart thing (because bsnes is pretty accurate, to say in the least...) or it's just random. Let's hope it's the former, because I can't fix any bugs I can't trigger...

Would be cool if others could try it on different flashcarts.

Psychlonic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »
Pretty fun little game, but thank goodness for emulation because I don't think I could tolerate the world map otherwise. Between the slow movement and high rate of random battles, I would have had enough before I got the second magic crystal easily, if not the first.

At any rate, thanks for the release for us bottom feeders. :) It's greatly appreciated.
Just another old and grumpy gamer. Don't mind me.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:05 am »
Has anyone found even the tiniest thing wrong with our patch? This patch was well tested, but I was only able to personally verify about 95% of the game and I didn't get every nook and cranny before releasing the patch. I'm just curious how good of a job we did and if the patch is 100% perfect or not.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 12:28:33 am »
Very good news.  Good game so far.  Not amazing like Energy Breaker or Feda (just played both, EB being recently released), but a solid game.  Kind of reminds me of a cross between Magic Knight Rayearth (snes), Arcana, Wozz (of Nightcrawler fame) and Aladin (if they were to make an rpg sequel, especially).

Thanks!  Here is to hoping Far East of Eden is released soon..  I think once FEoE and Chaos seed, Ys 5, Ladystalker, Record of the Lodoss War, Rejoice and Traverse Starlight & Prairie are translated, we will have all the SOLID snes rpgs (officially and unofficially) available to the English speaking West.  Those are the last few games, I feel, that really badly need a translation.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 02:36:16 pm »

Very rough first draft translation complete of the main script, game is in a rough playable state. It's in good hands.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 05:11:47 pm »
Has anyone found even the tiniest thing wrong with our patch? This patch was well tested, but I was only able to personally verify about 95% of the game and I didn't get every nook and cranny before releasing the patch. I'm just curious how good of a job we did and if the patch is 100% perfect or not.

I haven't played much due to other obligations, but here's a few minor things I've noticed:
#1: Should be "a while ago" in this context.
#2: Should be "Resistance".
#3: Probably should be "grant you your freedom", but I understand you'd want to eliminate the redundancy. If that's the case, please ignore.
#4: Should be "for a while" in this context.

Aside from that, I have no complaints so far. It's some of the most solid translation work I've seen in a long while. Good to see you're working on Traverse. Really looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:43:25 pm by mziab »

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 08:04:42 pm »
I'm sure this answer will be obvious and I'll kick myself for it, but I'm stuck.  I just finished the mountain with the Roc and I need to go to Assam Village that is north of the mountain.  I can't find a way there on the world map, everything seems to be blocked, and it certainly doesn't help that the encounter rate is so high.  One passage looks almost small enough to let me by, but no luck.  Any suggestions?