News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon Yellow NES Translation Project  (Read 160671 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Yellow NES Translation Project
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »
I just wondered why so much content has been taken out like the slot machines in Celadon City, the department store, all Pokestores sell the same things, pokemon can't hold items (this may be game specific as I only played Blue and Silver on GB), etc...?
This is one of many bootleg RPGs made by a Chinese company that seems to turn them out at an alarming rate, so they are probably very rushed.
I know the more famous FF7 bootleg was similarly in a very half-assed state before a dedicated group of ROM hackers put great effort to make it more faithful to the original (the biggest thing I recall they couldn't fix was the RNG-generated encounter data).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

swiftone

• View Profile
    • FeastofBeast
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
I had to admit, Lugia2009 did a good job translating this game, I might have some thoughts and suggestions here for the next update:

Mapper Conversion:
The strangest thing I wanted to know is, can it be possible to convert the mapper to MMC5, or similar?
This game, as well as Final Fantasy VII that are created by Shenzhen Nanjing use the INES Mapper 163 which is similar to 164, the Chinese use some weird mappers.

Did this ever get a mapper conversion? Would love to play this and Final Fantasy VII as well on my Everdrive without having to throw down money for carts. Thanks for the info!

drunkenmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2016, 01:51:32 am »
Did this ever get a mapper conversion? Would love to play this and Final Fantasy VII as well on my Everdrive without having to throw down money for carts. Thanks for the info!

Not yet, swiftone. However, I really want to see more bootleg NES games to be converted to an reasonable INES mapper -- not just the ones I've mentioned. Thanks for responding!
.//drunkenmaverick

SBolton123

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »
Is there any other way of contancting Lugia2009? Its been at least a year since he was active on this site, sure he did an amazing job translating pretty much the whole game, but was wondering if he would ever get around to doing some of the extras a few of us have requested?