News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Radical Dreamers 1.4  (Read 9116 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Radical Dreamers 1.4
« on: December 30, 2005, 01:56:32 pm »
This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Radical R

Radical Dreamers 1.4 is out for a Christmas release! (I know it's the 30th, but it was out on Christmas, for Pete's sake.)This patch takes the unoffical patch (and some extra) and rolls them into an easy to patch offical 1.4 patch. You can grab the patch either from Demiforce's page or Radical R's page.

Staff Notes - This patch includes:
    [item]Radical R's unofficial work is included and allows the game to be played on a copier.[/item]
    [item]In game saves work.[/item]
    [item]A few crashing bugs were fixed.[/item]
    [item]Typos were corrected.[/item]
    [/list]

Patch can be found here

Relevant Link: (http://demiforce.parodius.com)

RedComet

• View Profile
      • Twilight Translations
    Re: Translations: Radical Dreamers 1.4
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:32:30 pm »
    Nightcrawler, you might want to add "adding support for the [item] BBC code to the message boards" to your never ending list of things to code. ;)
    Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
      • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
    « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:36:53 pm »
    Noted. Yes, this is because the board uses [ li ] syntax for list items and I choose to use [item] for the news posts.  My BB parsing is completley independent from the boards.  I will probably just change mine to [ li ] to make it easy.

Along these lines, open autogenerated <p> tags don't close when a list is put in the news.  The main page does not validate right now because of it. BB parsing is a pain in the rear.
    TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
    Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
      • View Profile
      • sa-two.yuudachi.net
    « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 11:02:28 pm »
    Noted. Yes, this is because the board uses [ li ] syntax for list items and I choose to use [item] for the news posts.  My BB parsing is completley independent from the boards.  I will probably just change mine to [ li ] to make it easy.

Along these lines, open autogenerated <p> tags don't close when a list is put in the news.  The main page does not validate right now because of it. BB parsing is a pain in the rear.

Is there some kind of word filter setting? Maybe you could have it filter [item] to [ li ]. It's the lazy lazy mclazy way to do it, and discovery of the word filter, if there is one, will inevitably lead to wacky hijinx!

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 11:53:26 am »
    Yes, there is a word filter.  I absolutely love the SMF forums to death.  I think it's by far the best piece of free forum software I've ever had the pleasure of using. It really rivals all those popular pay forum software packages in features.
    Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
      • View Profile
      • The Romhacking Aerie
    « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 12:03:34 pm »
    Yes, there is a word filter.  I absolutely love the SMF forums to death.  I think it's by far the best piece of free forum software I've ever had the pleasure of using. It really rivals all those popular pay forum software packages in features.

The only feature I am missing is file-attachments. Is there a chance this will be added sometime in the future (or have I overlooked that feature and its already there?)
    All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 12:41:13 pm »
    Actually, there is file attachments on this board, but I have them disabled. I think things are generally safer around here without them.

What do you want to use them for?

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
      • View Profile
      • The Romhacking Aerie
    « Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 12:48:37 pm »
    This could maybe solve the problem with local uploading of files. Attach the file to a post and use the link of that file for the database. Would that not be an easy solution for that problem?

Such attachments often come in handy for many little things. For example when my theme is finished I have to send you the images. It would be extremely easy just to zip them and attach them to a post. I can also send them per mail, sure, but doing it at the forum is just as easy and maybe someone else wants to use the same logo I used or something, so they can download the zip as well.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:51:45 pm by KaioShin »
    All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.