News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Translation [GB] Makaimura Gaiden The Demon Darkness  (Read 18024 times)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
Re: ROM Translation [GB] Makaimura Gaiden The Demon Darkness
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »
Why not find out for yourself, if you already have have it? ;)
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »
Yay for the release  :thumbsup:

KillerBob

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 07:53:11 am »
Also for the translator's out there, how closely does the English localization and Japanese text match up? Other than LostTemplar mentioned.
A very late reply... I don't know Japanese and how faithful the script is but I recall the whole trilogy was a bit clunky with lots of Engrish, especially the first two entries in the series. They were also treated with other examples of NoA's censorship such as Samael renamed Samuel (renamed Sardius in Super Ghouls'n Ghosts), Lucifer renamed Rushifell etc. the Vials you exchange for extra-lives are Souls in the Japanese originals which is a neat little detail. I presume that there was many other similar name changes to avoid references to death and religion and so forth. The Japanese title sceen also had some nice animation:

Truly underrated series of games, I believe they would all benefit greatly from new translations.

Anyway, thanks for making this lost gem available in English!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:31:54 pm by KillerBob »

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:31 am »
I compared the english translation with the japanese dialogs when I did the copy-paste.

As you said, there are some differences on some terms (mostly censorship) but I found it pretty faithful though (it's not perfect, but I saw some really worst translations than that).

Of course, a new translation would be nice but personally, I think it would just be a waste of time (that's why I only offered for a copy-paste personally), as the original script isn't that bad (and actually, it's not really a game where dialogs are really important, it's not really a RPG).

Better translate games that are still only in japanese, especially when there are a lot of them which are still waiting for a translation).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:13:45 am by Hiei- »