News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Energy Breaker English V1.00  (Read 41003 times)

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
Re: Translations: Energy Breaker English V1.00
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:26 am »
Disnesquick, congratulations on finishing such a great project that took so many years of work!  :woot!:

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:34 am »
Since a few people have asked about this, here's how the crazy energy system works.

First, you don't need a grimoire to learn a spell.  They're only for reference.
Second, when you read (use) a grimoire, it adds it into your list.  You can see that in the 'other' menu slot (says DIR) on the far right of the menu, second button there being grimoires.  It's in a different spot in battle.

When you select a spell's name from the grimoire list you'll see arrows above the heads of each character that can learn it.  Note these only update properly when you select the spell or flip a page (bug w/ original game).

Most characters learn spells when they 1) have enough energy to use it and 2) they attack and/or kill something.  If possible, they immediately use the spell that was learned (watch out when learning tornado!).  Again, you don't have to have a grimoire for a spell to learn it.  Once learned you can reallocate your power without forgetting the spell, although you won't be able to use the spell unless you meet its requirements.

Most spells call for different kinds of energy, some positive and some negative.  Every time you level up you can add one more block to an energy bar and get one more bit of power to shift around.  You'll want to check your grimoires before leveling up to see what spells a character can learn and tailor the energy levels to build toward it.

Star works a little differently.  He learns spells when he kills specific enemies that use them, usually the first guys you meet who use them.  Not certain if he has to kill them with basic nail attacks or not, but he must be the murderer.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:20 am »
Is it me or this game is insanely hard ?

I'm stuck at a boss battle against a mummy and several skeletons in the underground of a bar.
The skeletons are weak but the mummy will take only 1 damage from Mira, and 3-4 damage from Leonardo, but I have to defeat him in like 6 turns, which is completely impossible because he has 60+ HP.
The only spell I have currently is a healing spell but unfortunately in this game healing doesn't seem to damage undeads, which sucks.

Disnesquick

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11:03 am »
The game is actually pretty easy IMHO. If you're having toruble in fights then the best bet is to play tactically and hit them from behind. Mummies cast poison drop on you, which, after two hits, will reduce your damage down to 1. Focus on mummies first before they have a chance to get you with their stat-dropping evil.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2012, 09:44:24 am »
Mmh, pehaps the reason my damage was deduced so much is poison ?
I'll have to retry, but I clearly remember I did ridiculously low damage, and had no chances to beat mummies.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2013, 09:28:42 am »
Just curious, I have a question to the team:
Will there be a 1.03 release in the future or is this the final version?

barbe_folle

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2015, 02:05:34 pm »
Hello

Is there a chance to be able to contact the author of the translation to get the srcipt. I'd like to make it in french if satsu agree with it  :)

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2015, 04:37:42 pm »
satsu hasn't been around in about a year.

http://yuudachi.net/

Might work, but a quick look shows that it's been a long time since the message board saw activity.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

barbe_folle

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2015, 05:16:19 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer.

I tried to create a new thread on the board but I can't pass the verification code test even though I typed the letters correctly.

If somebody got an idea....

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
    • View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer.

I tried to create a new thread on the board but I can't pass the verification code test even though I typed the letters correctly.

If somebody got an idea....

Sorry, I turned up the difficulty for the verification system due to persistent spam but I didn't realise that it would completely block out people from attempting to make legitimate posts.

I cleared out some space in my Romhacking.net inbox. If you could send me a PM with your email address I'll get back to you.

barbe_folle

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2015, 04:22:34 am »
I sent you a PM  ;)

Fredde

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2015, 04:08:34 pm »
I know this is late, but I just finished playing through Energy Breaker, and just wanted to say thank you to the translators for their hard work on translating this fascinating and fun game. The text itself is wonderfully conversational and cheery, the main heroine comes off as a very likeable character. Great work!

Oh, and I found the "secret message" too. I'm actually a little curious about the... ahem... genital comments in the code.  ;)

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:57:25 am by Chpexo »

Fredde

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:32 am »
Sorry, I meant that I found the secret message that the translators snuck into the dialouge, while I was playing. It, and the readme, mentions that during hacking, they found that the original programmers had put all sorts of weird stuff into the game's code, including some humorous comments. Dunno how to find those, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was shown earlier in this thread. Should have read through it before posting!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:05:16 am by Fredde »