I have found a small bug, it is not life threatening or game crashing. Here is what happens, my inventory is full, when I open the shown chest, menu pops up to ask which item I would like to replace new item with. When I press 'Select' to read about effect of current item and close it with 'B', menu graphics become garbled. It happens in all four emulators I have tested it with (namely SNESGT 0.230 beta 7e, snes9x_testbuild_12092012, RetroArch with bsnes 086 performance core & ZSNES 1.51)
here is the SRAM file that you can use with any emulator : http://www.mediafire.com/?9y4az4pl56by85e
Thanks a lot
for the SRAM and the bug report. This is not a contingency I tested. As I said in the readme,every single instance of text basically uses its own code routine so I never modded the highly specific routine for this. It's gonna be an easy one and I'll fix it for the 1.01 bugfix release.
September 24, 2012, 03:28:04 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So the early adopters highlighted a potentially fatal bug, whereby random bits of memory get over-written due to some of the dialogue being too big in some locations. The proper fix is basically to compress the text even further: It needs to be reduced to about 80% of its current size. Obviously this is going to take a wee bit of time but until then satsu and I have uploaded a 1.00.1 bandaid patch to yuudachi, which will stop the most serious effects of this bug. This bug is potentially serious as if it hits a sensitive piece of memory and it can have long-range consequences that WON'T be corrected in corrected patches after they have occured. They will also not be at all obvious as to what has caused them when (early occurence causing end-of-game trouble is a possibility, hence why this bug was so difficult to spot)
Until 1.01, please use the bandaid patch.
I've now fixed this by compressing dialogue to 50% and the chest glitch bug so I'll get satsu to upload 1.01
In defence of my honour, I would like to say that the stat-glitch bug is present in a few locations in the original game. It's just that the English script brings it to a few more locations, rather than creating a bug from scratch. Its fixed with 1.01 so Yay for EB English!