News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ZELOOTMA/Kafei/Dark Link/Zelda's Birthday Patches  (Read 3464 times)

Marczylla

• View Profile
    • New Maser City (still under construction)
ZELOOTMA/Kafei/Dark Link/Zelda's Birthday Patches
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »
Look like diarrhea on my emulator. I downloaded the debug ROM and the aforementioned patches from Spinout182 and various other sites, and not only are there missing or glitchy textures almost everywhere, but it freezes whenever I do simple thing like whip out a Deku Stick... or jump. Help?

:banghead:

Zoinkity

• View Profile
Re: ZELOOTMA/Kafei/Dark Link/Zelda's Birthday Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
Is your ROM byteswapped or not?  I think the Zelda community does their patches against byteswapped ROMs for some daft reason. 
An unbyteswapped ROM will read b'80371240' in the first word of data, and the filename will be readable.  A 16bit byteswapped one will read b'37804012'.  I think you'll want to apply it versus that one.
At the very least, there's only two versions of the debug ROM to choose from versus.  You want the one with the room fix already applied.

Also, depending on the emulator you may also need to copy the settings for the original OoT and create an entry for the new ROM.  Some are very fussy about this (Mupen, for instance), and I know PJ64 has a crash bug in the inventory screens of MM and OoT that require some cheats to get around.
Still, the textures should come up properly unless they were corrupted by, for instance, muddled data. 

xdaniel

• View Profile
    • DigitalZero Domain
Re: ZELOOTMA/Kafei/Dark Link/Zelda's Birthday Patches
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:01:39 am »
Considering that to my knowledge, ex. none of the tools used for editing OoT/MM ROMs (UoT, OZMAV2, SO, spinout's, etc.) even support byteswapped ROMs... I don't think we're creating patches against those?

Missing or glitchy textures everywhere, including in unchanged levels, also result from using Jabo's D3D plugin v1.6 with the Debug ROM. It should work with most other plugins, including Jabo's 1.5.2 and 1.6.1.
cu xdaniel