News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Detective Conan: The Mechanical Temple Murder Case (v1.0)  (Read 4647 times)

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Detective Conan: The Mechanical Temple Murder Case (v1.0)
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:36:31 pm »
Detective Conan
The Mechanical Temple Murder Case
VERSION 1.0

http://www.4shared.com/zip/qesKshnYce/c1-v10.html
Mirror

Here you are, guys. 100% complete. Everything's done at last.

I wasn't sure about making a new thread, but I figured it's worth it for the finished article - and I couldn't wait another 7 days to avoid the double-post rule. :) I'd like to add it to the RHDN database, but not sure how. I imagine it's not that difficult.

Thanks to all the guys on here who've encouraged me. It's been a lot of work, but worth it in the end, I think. Hope there are some Conan fans who will be happy to try this out at last.

The question is: what do I do now?

Oh yeah...

That... 8)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:25:36 am by Psyklax »

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
Re: Detective Conan: The Mechanical Temple Murder Case (v1.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »
Awesome! I've been really excited about this translation!

And yeah, adding it to the site is as easy as going here...

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&action=addentrypage

...and following the directions.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:46:46 pm »
I wasn't sure about making a new thread, but I figured it's worth it for the finished article - and I couldn't wait another 7 days to avoid the double-post rule. :) I'd like to add it to the RHDN database, but not sure how. I imagine it's not that difficult.
You can Submit News. But be sure to follow the guidelines.

But first, you need to submit it.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 03:00:52 am »
You're awesome  ;D
That should be the first English DC game fan-translation. I loved Famicom Detective Part II, and I'd be more than glad to play something in the same style (that's not as old as Portopia).
And you really should post that unused text block somewhere, even in Japanese.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:23:47 am »
I've added it to the database, just got to wait for confirmation from the mods. As soon as I get that, I'll post news on the main site about it. 8)

I might try to translate the unused text block myself, but since I can see it's obviously from the second game, I'll wait until I've translated that part of the second game first. Here's a snippet to compare (apologies for Romaji, I know some people have trouble with it... ;) )

Game 1, 0x4D5C2
hora anataga morinisuteta
isamusannno SUNI-KA-mo
buji hattkennsaremashitayo

Game 2, 0x4D5F7
anataga morinisuteta
isamusannno SUNI-KA-ga
hattkennsaremashitayo

You can see the similarity. It's not QUITE identical, but pretty damn close. Therefore, it'd be better for me to wait until I've tackled the part of the second game before looking at it, since it may not need much re-translation.

Mikh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:21:05 am »
Oh man HELLS YEAH. I'm sooooo pumped for this. thanks man!!! I can't wait for the next two games!

zaffo256

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:47 pm »
Thank you so much! These kind of games are my favourite, sadly they rarely get translated due to the huge amount of work it require. So, Double-Thank you to you!

blahmoomoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:19:32 pm »
Aww yeah, completed it in one go.

...I do have to ask though.  The first time I played through it took me a relatively long time to complete, and thus I got a 0% (D) score.  I tried speeding through the game with text at Max speed (plus liberal use of the emulator's fast forward) and completed it in 1:11 in-game time and with 2 swaps (and all correct answers at that one part)... but I got a 37% (C).  What would I need to do to get a better score, and does anything happen at the highest rank?

Spoiler:
Main reason I'm asking is because that south exit of the living quarters could never be exited, even though the map suggested there was an open area surrounded by trees.  If getting a higher rank doesn't unlock that area for some reason, is there any way to go over there and, if so, what's over there?

Also, I found a minor bug.  If you check the fan entry (I think) in the keywords menu with Ran, probably before you look at the keyword that precedes it (I think that's the scratches), the text box with Ran appears and disappears with no text.  I don't know if that happened in the original or not.

Looking forward to whenever the next one is completed!

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:27:50 am »
Damn, knew there must be a bug somewhere... :) I'll take a look.

You can never go there, doesn't exist. I know, I've gone through it all.

No clue whatsoever about how the score system works, so I can't help you there I'm afraid. Don't know if swapping has an effect.

February 20, 2014, 03:09:06 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've spotted the bug! I was one byte off on the pointer, so it pointed to 0x414AA, not 0x414AB. The GOOD NEWS is that you didn't miss anything: Conan, Ran and Heiji all used that same line of dialogue, so if you looked at it with them, you'll have already read it. But, a bug's a bug, so I think I'll have to release a new version. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:09:06 pm by Psyklax »