News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Difficulty Settings Project  (Read 26928 times)

tog

• View Profile
Re: The Difficulty Settings Project
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2012, 02:16:18 pm »
Sorry about the delay in updates on this.  It was a lot of work to actually get this submitted, as this site is very picky with filetypes and submission rules.

I have just submitted the Zelda II Easy hack.  So, it should hopefully become available through the site soon.  My first submission!

I know almost everything about Zelda II. Feel free to ask any question related to data tables or enemy AI...

Thank you very much for your offer.  However, I didn't have any trouble with this game because I did not adjust the life maximums at all.

If this goes well, I will submit the Double Dragon hacks next, since those have now been requested a couple of times.

tog

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »
Has anyone tried this hack out yet?  It's been several weeks now, and I still haven't heard anything.  I can get the Double Dragon hacks ready for submission at any time, and was hoping to at least hear something by now.

Any thoughts?

tog

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 09:50:39 am »
All right.  I don't know who did this, but someone apparently has stolen my work on the Double Dragon series and submitted it to this site without my permission or even asking me if this was okay.  There wasn’t even any credit given to me on this work.  This is completely unacceptable.  I demand for this to be removed from this site immediately.

If this is how I am going to be treated and thanked for doing this, then I will have no part in this any more.  Therefore, I am not going to release any more of my work and am officially shutting this project down.  I will keep what I've done, and anything else I may do in the future.

This is just unbelievable.  No credits, no nothing.  There isn't even a complete or thorough description on those files.  I would have submitted more and allowed this to take place if I was just asked.  I had nothing against doing that.  But, look at what happens instead.  Sigh...

Anyway, this will be my final status update on this since I have nothing more to do over here.

Administrators, do what you need to.  But, I am all finished.

assassin

• View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:16 am »
go here to remove them:
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&action=editentrypage&id=1119
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&action=editentrypage&id=1120
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&action=editentrypage&id=1121

and note in the Descriptions why you're removing the files.  see this:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0.html

for more info.

while your frustration is understandable, being "all finished" over this remediable situation is a bit premature.  you're letting one rogue user (MathUser2929) dictate your actions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:39:09 am by assassin »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:04 pm »
I pm'd whoever posted them and asked who made the hacks. I left the entry as unknown until he got back to me. I only posted what I knew about the hacks cause I can't play through it on this keyboard, the right arrow is missing, making gameplay difficult. Even then to play through a game I'd probably need a good controller to get far. Besides, it's easy to edit the entries to put more detail, especially since you know what the differences are.

The hacks were posted publically right in this thread so I don't see why anyone would need permission to add them to the site.

Edit: I guess it was snarfblam who posted them. So blame him if you didn't want the hacks out in the public.

assassin

• View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:08 pm »
there's a difference between linking to hacks so people can test them pre-release, and actually releasing them.

what's the rush?  per tog's last post, he/she was waiting for feedback before progressing further.

tog

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 05:01:59 pm »
Okay, then.  I can understand your points.  I do not see any messages on my login, so I had no contact on this at all.  All I noticed is that these hacks were posted without my permission, knowledge, or credits at all.

Like I said, I had absolutely no problem with submitting these and was ready to do so at any time.  I just hadn't heard anything from anyone is a long time, which is why I've been silent during this time.  But, regardless, I should have at least been asked about this.  I felt like my work was stolen when I saw these submitted like this. 

Anyway, I will be away for a few days, so I'll think this over during that time.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 07:18:03 pm »
It was snarfblam that I pm'd cause he is the one that posted the hacks. He didn't say who made them so I didn't credit anyone when I submitted it. If I knew the hacks were incomplete I wouldn't have submitted them cause they don't like incomplete hacks.

I submitted a author correction to the site but if you want you can request them to be removed until you are ready to release complete versions. i see you got over 30 downloads for them tho.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »
This site can be accessed around the world. In theory any publicly downloadable hack could be uploaded at any time, by anyone able to register a user account here.
Whether the site will accept the file is a separate issue.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:26 am »
The hacks have been corrected with the correct name now. I see the DD3 hack is up to 54 downloads.

tog

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 02:47:05 pm »
Okay.  I've done some thinking about this and see where there was a misunderstanding from more than one party here.  I would have thought that I would be known as the author since I have been working on this project through this topic.  I still can't figure out how so many missed that.  But, I understand what happened now, even if I don't understand how it happened.

I've modified the descriptions on the three Double Dragon hacks, so hopefully they will show up on the site soon.  These new ones will describe a bit more of what the hacks do.

I think we’ll just leave it at that.  I think enough has happened with this already.

Also, one other note:  these hacks were already finished.  They weren't incomplete like was assumed above.  So, there is no need to remove them.  If I had gotten any feedback on them like I was hoping, I could've modified them, but I didn't get any, so there isn't anything else for me to do with them at the present time.

tog

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »
After almost 2 1/2 years of inactivity since my last post, I thought I would give an update on this project.

Basically, I am overwhelmed at work and no longer have the time to dedicate to this any more.  Not to mention, it's been so long since I've worked on these that I've completely forgotten everything I've learned (I still have notes on exactly what I did on each hack, however).  Therefore, I need to resign from this project.

I was previously unable to get the lifebars working properly.  Therefore, I am going to ask the Community if anyone is interested in getting that piece of these hacks working.  If so, we can both take credit on the notes that we submit.

Is anyone interested in this at all?

Here are the games I've worked on:
Castlevania I
Castlevania III
Double Dragon 1
Double Dragon 2
Double Dragon 3
Journey to Silius (I don't believe this one needs any more work, so it should be good to go as is)
Metal Storm
Ninja Gaiden 1
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Rad Racer 1
Rad Racer 2
Shadow of the Ninja
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Zelda 2

vacantplanets

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2016, 09:14:04 pm »
After almost 2 1/2 years of inactivity since my last post, I thought I would give an update on this project.

Basically, I am overwhelmed at work and no longer have the time to dedicate to this any more.  Not to mention, it's been so long since I've worked on these that I've completely forgotten everything I've learned (I still have notes on exactly what I did on each hack, however).  Therefore, I need to resign from this project.

I was previously unable to get the lifebars working properly.  Therefore, I am going to ask the Community if anyone is interested in getting that piece of these hacks working.  If so, we can both take credit on the notes that we submit.

Is anyone interested in this at all?

Here are the games I've worked on:
Castlevania I
Castlevania III
Double Dragon 1
Double Dragon 2
Double Dragon 3
Journey to Silius (I don't believe this one needs any more work, so it should be good to go as is)
Metal Storm
Ninja Gaiden 1
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Rad Racer 1
Rad Racer 2
Shadow of the Ninja
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Zelda 2

Yeah. You should upload your Journey to Silius hack, at least. :)