News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Jiro Akagawa's "The Sleep of Witches" Situation Report  (Read 19315 times)

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
Re: Jiro Akagawa's "The Sleep of Witches" Situation Report
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 10:48:45 am »
Oh, so do you now got to work on script insertion/extraction part of the translation now or just getting started after hacking the game?

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 01:59:01 pm »
I'm already able to extract/insert the game's script. However, given its sheer size and complexity, I intend to create some kind of dedicated editor to aid the translation process. For the record, it took me about an hour to translate up to the Phone Call o' Doom (along only one decision branch path), and I had to have the game running to know which script chunks to look for.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
Oh, so as to completing the rest of the translation you'll basically need to whip up an assembler tool/rom tractor that automatically points destined values simipler?

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 04:34:16 pm »
I've already technically done that. My extractor automatically inserts Atlas-style embedded pointer codes, so theoretically there's nothing at this point preventing a complete translation. It'll just be a huge heap of headaches keeping everything straight without some additional assistance. Like maybe something to detect when a page "links" to another and provide a quick link to the target page.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »
Okay then, i understand so really its a 50-50 chance of a whole complete translation then i guess :/ but keep up the great work man :) counting on ya

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2012, 05:51:28 am »
So I've gone back to using a table to determine the destination addresses for the VWF. This is not a bad thing.

The game used multiple destination address tables in the first place, which is why the name entry screen is currently broken. It appears to be slightly less broken now, thankfully, but it still crashes on a flashing screen of nonsense (instead of a dark screen of nonsense, as it was previously). This can only be a good thing! :3

EDIT: The name entry screen is officially not broken anymore. Currently working on the formatting codes, though. I plan - hopefully - to have a proper auto-center by the time I'm through. :3
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:53:08 am by Ryusui »