News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROLL♥CHAN Evolution!  (Read 85712 times)

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
Re: ROLL♥CHAN Evolution!
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2016, 04:29:08 am »
Oh how interesting. Capcom specifically choose blue because the NES pallet can display more hues of blue than most other colors. It must be a pain for you if you're color blind to blues.

As for Powered Up, Roll was one of the best parts of that game! If you run a google search, you can find save files of people who did nab Roll. Download them hook up your PSP and transfer the sale files over - instant access to Roll.

Not only is she hilariously powerful, her banter with the other robot masters and especially Wily is hilarious.

plus all her outfits are adorable. Every time I go back to play Powered Up, it makes me sad that Capcom didn't continue with the chibi style remakes of the classic series. Imagine the same sort of game for Megaman 2, playable robot masters, stage editor, unlockable playable rock with slide and charge shot, Roll, Protoman... Capcom could and should have done that for each game through Megaman 8. But due to poor sales and how easily PSP games could be pirated, that sadly never was to be. 

Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2016, 01:12:09 am »
Thanks for the response. I wouldn't say color blind exactly, it's more that my retinas get overloaded with detail whenever there's too many contrasting shades that require my attention so it can turn into a blurry mess. So the more subtle shades of blue are lost on me.

Unfortunately I don't have a PSP, I have to emulate the game, and the dlc files seem not to be compatable with my save data. I've looked through (and this isn't an exaggeration) 40 pages of google queries on the issue and it doesn't seem to be just me, but it seems to be the problem with PPSP. And not the files themselves, as I've used 8 different sources to check just in case they were corrupted.
Seems like if I had a straight save file with the dlc rather than the dlc itself, or a save state with the same it would work, but barring that I've given up on the idea.

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »
Roll Chan Minus Infinity when? :P

Sorry for bugging you, Zynk. But you're the only one that can make it happen XD

Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2016, 04:09:23 am »
I'm not sure if that could be done, but it would be fantastic.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2016, 04:04:14 pm »
You have to admit it'd be neat. I think you should get permission from the original hacker first, though.

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:31 pm »
It'd be superb indeed. RM4 Minus Infinity isn't only my all time favorite RM hack, but it's also by extension my favorite Mega Man game. (Yes, I prefer it over any of the official titles). I just think it's brilliant and has everything it takes to provide a perfect Mega Man experience.

Being able to play as Roll (my favorite character in the classic series) on it would only make things 10x more awesome.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
ROLL♥CHAN WORLD (GAME BOY ROMHACK)
« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2016, 12:56:28 am »

Zeikar

• View Profile
Re: ROLL♥CHAN WORLD (GAME BOY ROMHACK)
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2016, 03:27:29 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81QB-JHEGVc

Soon around 2017!
Sweet, I love this, now someone needs to step up and do Proto Man hacks, really detailed character sprite, and from scratch.. not based on any that exist for 1 thru 6
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:55:50 am by Zeikar »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »
Awesome! Although the video is just for promotional purposes, the idea of a Rockman World game that features all the Megaman Killers instead of rehashed Robot Masters is a really intriguing idea.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new line of Roll-chan hacks as much as the previous 6 masterpieces.

LittleRollBot

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2017, 01:00:31 am »
Thank you so much for doing these hacks! I've enjoyed them all so much. Roll has always been my favorite (Thanks to Marvel vs Capcom lol) and I was always hoping someone would take the time to make Roll hacks. Yours are more than just that with all the redone cut scenes and title screens. Really looking forward to your future Roll World hack!

Zynk

• View Profile
Re: ROLL♥CHAN WORLD GAMEBOY RELEASED!
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:56 pm »
Roll-chan World for the Gameboy released!  :woot!:

http://www.romhacking.net/news/1861/

Zynk

• View Profile
Roll-chan: Mega World
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:29 am »
Coming soon.

Spoiler:

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
Re: Roll-chan: Mega World
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2017, 09:11:15 am »
Coming soon.

Spoiler:
Are you hacking the European version or the Japanese version? I ask because the European version has a lot of slow down in places the Japanese release did not.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2017, 12:38:39 pm »
Since this topic was bumped up...

• Will the special victory theme for defeating Dr. Wily in the original Mega Man 1 be ported to this version?
  • In Wily Wars, Mega Man's animations for the lab scenes were swapped around. In the NES version, the first scene has him teleport into the lab, and the second scene has him teleport back out. Can this be corrected to how it originally was in the NES version?
  • Will Proto Man's actual shadowed sprites be used in Mega Man 3's ending?
  • Finally, during this year's Tokyo Game Show, Capcom announced that as part of the 30th Anniversary celebration, a Nendoroid figure based on Roll will be released. Rather than use her classic or Mega Man 8 designs, however, the figure will be based on a brand new design. Will all your hacks be updated to feature this new outfit as a second alternative?

RadioShadow

• Holding the Mega Drive controller
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2017, 05:21:10 pm »
Are you hacking the European version or the Japanese version? I ask because the European version has a lot of slow down in places the Japanese release did not.

The "Mega Man: Wily Wars" was not optimized to run in PAL50.  So when the game runs in PAL50 (what is set on European / Australian models by default), the game runs 20% slower. Running the game in NTSC (what is set on Japan/USA models by default), the game will run at the correct speed.

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »
Megaman WW it's the only game I prefer the music from Pal version

Zynk

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2017, 08:06:52 am »
It is for the EU version. I'm using it over Mottzilla's SRAM fix patch because with that I was able to hack the game; without it, the game gets buggy even just altering 1px. IDK the reason for that.

• Will the special victory theme for defeating Dr. Wily in the original Mega Man 1 be ported to this version?
  • In Wily Wars, Mega Man's animations for the lab scenes were swapped around. In the NES version, the first scene has him teleport into the lab, and the second scene has him teleport back out. Can this be corrected to how it originally was in the NES version?
  • Will Proto Man's actual shadowed sprites be used in Mega Man 3's ending?
  • Finally, during this year's Tokyo Game Show, Capcom announced that as part of the 30th Anniversary celebration, a Nendoroid figure based on Roll will be released. Rather than use her classic or Mega Man 8 designs, however, the figure will be based on a brand new design. Will all your hacks be updated to feature this new outfit as a second alternative?
  • No. Because IDK how.
  • Same as above. Seems trivial, so maybe not.
  • I'll try. Haven't looked into Protoman's sprites yet.
  • Spoiler:

nemesislivezx

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2018, 10:26:52 pm »
I think that Roll at Roll-Chan Series is DRN-001 and Mega Man (Rock) is DRN-002, is not it?

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2018, 01:28:32 pm »
Please, make a version without the Wilyfix-Nes style hack that BREAK the gameplay,
because the movement in the megadrive version it's different, you press
a direction and megaman walk a step, another time, another step, so for example you
can move the character to the best position to jump over a pit, that patch eliminate that and
you walk directly without that step, so you have problems. The buster it's the only good of the patch,
also make the game easier.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:25 am »
If you want the work done, you should do it yourself. Don't demand it of other people.