News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Seal: Travelers of Destiny (Windows) English Translation  (Read 44144 times)

Xalphenos

• View Profile
Re: Seal: Travelers of Destiny (Windows) English Translation
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »
Would you rather me make the box smaller and have the left edge of it go up to the word with the cursor a little on top of the word and half off the box kind of like it was originally?  Wow what a sentence; I should correct it but I'm not.  I just spread it out because I didn't like the cursor on top of the item name.  Whatever you want is fine though.  You're the boss, boss. :thumbsup:

Edit: Well I have all the images so how about some mock ups.

The former is what I think you wanted in your last post; the later is more like the original.  Obviously I vote for the former.  Maybe with the text a few more pixels to the left.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:46:24 pm by Xalphenos »

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:21 am »
Yeah, the left one is what I had in mind. I came up with yet another variant, which I think I like even more.

(Very quick and dirty mockup:)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2012, 09:24:37 am »
Thanks so much for all your hard work derboo, Xalphenos!

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:12 pm »
Alright, here is the best I can do for two of them:

Still looking for more able volunteers, though.

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »
The first one looks good to me.  I think I'll post these on another forum I frequent to see if there is any interest. 

Sorry I haven't got the the latest patch to you yet.  I'm in the process of moving.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:04 pm »
Progress has been slow, and in the last few months it had pretty much grinded to a halt, due to life being much too hectic. Progress for the dialog has gotten to about 20%, I think.

However, there has been an awesome new development yesterday, which provides me with the means to conveniently insert & test the script as I go along translating, which suits my preferred style of work quite well, and means a major boost of motivation. I've already started to insert the text I've translated so far.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:33:10 pm by derboo »

RadicalR

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2013, 10:24:23 pm »
Glad to see you're still working on this!

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2013, 08:30:06 am »
Looks great, keep it up!

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2013, 01:15:35 am »

By now I've inserted all the text I've translated so far into the script. About the first three hours of the game are now playable in English (although later revisits to the same locations and some more global text are also mostly covered, so there's more stuff done than just those three hours).

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2013, 04:22:44 am »
Awesome!  Keep it up!

pandawarrior00

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2013, 12:49:07 am »
So cool. I played this game a long time ago, and had to drop becuz of these ^%$&^@ which I couldn't understand. But could you please upload the game, even original one, pls ? I really miss this game, but I can't find any download links which still survive -_-
Okay actually I found one, but it's really hard to download -_-

I found one in http://humans.tistory.com/613
Kinda interesting. Becuz i'm downloading so I don't know what the "editor ver" can do
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:13:33 am by pandawarrior00 »

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2013, 06:43:36 pm »
The last two months have been really busy again, but I'm still working on the translation :)

Yet to prevent me from getting tired of this game, I've started a small side-project. Copying from my Homepage:

"Well, the translation of Seal is still going on very slowly, but for a change I felt like I needed a project with something less than several full time months amount of work ahead of me. Astrocounter of Crescents, the only commercial game made by a duo of developers called Object Square Team (both Kim Donggun and Lee Eunseok were well-known names in the Korean indie scene of the '90s, though, and kept working together on several larger projects, including Nexon's Mabinogi series). The game contains a surprisingly large amount of text for a side-scrolling action title, but still only a tiny speck compared to Seal. It also doesn't require any actual hacking to speak of, so I hope I'll be able to finish it before the year is over."

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:36:18 pm by derboo »

Arukaizer

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2013, 10:37:34 am »
I never knew there is a current project for Seal: Travelers of Destiny, damn, I have this game and I would love to play it in english. Best luck with the project. Thank you very much.

I just realized, in this pic:

You guys would let it the way it is? If so, I don't know a thing about programming, but I'm an editor. I think I can remove the original korean characters and insert the english texts. Well, if you can simply send me the picture, I can try. Also, if there are more korean pictures you pretend to keep like that, send me so I can edit them for better visuals.

Reply me if you're interested, and also, again, if you can simply send me the pictures for editing, one time I can't work with programming.

Best Regards.

EDIT: One more thing. Only accept it if you think you guys are really going with this project until the end. I'm not rushing you, take the time you want, but I've read about the translation going slow and stuff, so I just want to make sure this is for real.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:12:01 pm by Arukaizer »