News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 38845 times)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
Re: Your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »
I wonder how much you'd really enjoy Super Mario 3D Land, Talbain... Granted, I really enjoyed the game, but it was really just a sort of "easy fun". Definitely not the Super Mario Bros. of old where Bowser was REALLY trying to get you to lose.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 01:05:29 am »
Just got a bunch of NES games.

Abadox
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Astyanax
Faxanadu
The Goonies II
Star Tropics
Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II

Funny enough, There were two copies of Star Tropics at the store I was at, and I managed to pick up the copy that was owned by the same people that had Zoda's Revenge.  Even funnier, one of the names that was saved on Star Tropics was "Deeznutz".
What is a man? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 04:05:29 am »
I wonder how much you'd really enjoy Super Mario 3D Land, Talbain... Granted, I really enjoyed the game, but it was really just a sort of "easy fun". Definitely not the Super Mario Bros. of old where Bowser was REALLY trying to get you to lose.
I thought there was some sort of hard mode or something that made the game challenging?  Hm...

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2013, 10:30:05 am »
In anticipation of the 3DS XL I'm buying next week (still deciding if I want a blue or red one), I ordered this stuff today:

Had to bleed full price, but based on how second hand sales of Fire Emblem games go, original retail price is probably the cheapest it will ever be.

Got this one brand new and sealed for $20.

Got both of these brand new and sealed for $10 each.

Picked those up too for comfort and protection.

And that's it for this week.  Normally I wouldn't buy this much stuff in one week, but this is all going towards my own birthday present (the 3DS XL).  You see kids, when you get to be an old crotchety dude in your 30's, if you want good birthday presents, you have to buy them yourself.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
Just got a bunch of NES games.

Abadox
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Astyanax
Faxanadu
The Goonies II
Star Tropics
Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II

Funny enough, There were two copies of Star Tropics at the store I was at, and I managed to pick up the copy that was owned by the same people that had Zoda's Revenge.  Even funnier, one of the names that was saved on Star Tropics was "Deeznutz".
Nice set there.  Both StarTropics games are good stuff.  Faxanadu is great, too, and I've always loved The Goonies II.  The worst of that lot has to be Bayou Billy...  which I happen to have two copies of.  Go figure.  :P
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:49 pm »
Nice set there.  Both StarTropics games are good stuff.  Faxanadu is great, too, and I've always loved The Goonies II.  The worst of that lot has to be Bayou Billy...  which I happen to have two copies of.  Go figure.  :P
Yeah, I'm going to have to pick up some bad games here and there. I'm thinking about going for a full collection at some point, so I'm just going to start clearing out the place down the street from me that sells NES games.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:33 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to have to pick up some bad games here and there. I'm thinking about going for a full collection at some point, so I'm just going to start clearing out the place down the street from me that sells NES games.
I'd love to do the same.  But some of the games are just...  well, they don't come cheap.  Little Samson, Power Blade 2, DuckTales 2...  and those are the relatively obtainable ones.  There's no way I'll own a copy of Stadium Events.

EDIT:  So, how far are you along in your quest?
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

shadowmanwkp

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2013, 12:58:59 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/2ZNHNdQ.jpg
Picked those up too for comfort and protection.

Reminds me of a rubber grip I had for my gameboy brick for extra grip and protection. Only thing it did was make it bulkier and harder to turn the thing on.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2013, 01:05:35 pm »
Only thing it did was make it bulkier and harder to turn the thing on.

Sure, but different manufacturers have different levels of quality.  This Dreamgear one for the 3DS XL has good reviews across the internet.  I also have silicone grips for my DS Lite and PSP and they improve the ergonomics tremendously.

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »
I'd love to do the same.  But some of the games are just...  well, they don't come cheap.  Little Samson, Power Blade 2, DuckTales 2...  and those are the relatively obtainable ones.  There's no way I'll own a copy of Stadium Events.

EDIT:  So, how far are you along in your quest?

Well yeah, I'm definitely just going for the easier stuff to get first. I have way too much work ahead of me to be worrying about the rarer gems right now. Out of the 677 Licensed titles that came out in the US, I only have around 60. While I'm getting the easier to find games though, I plan on getting around 5-10 new titles a week. My first goal is to pretty much deplete the collection at the game store near me. It's going to be fun watching my collection grow as their collection shrinks.

shadowmanwkp

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »
Sure, but different manufacturers have different levels of quality.  This Dreamgear one for the 3DS XL has good reviews across the internet.  I also have silicone grips for my DS Lite and PSP and they improve the ergonomics tremendously.

Never really used third party stuff on my handhelds, dunno never liked it.

On topic: I recently picked up splinter cell for E1,50 :)
Popped the CDs in one after eachother for the install ran the game and it doesn't seem to work on win7 :(
And because the game is not as popular as its sequels anymore, information on how to run it is pretty scarce. Should've went for the gog version :banghead:

Ah well, at least the box is pretty cool:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/shadowmanwkp/_DSC0302resize.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/shadowmanwkp/_DSC0306resize.jpg

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2013, 02:39:50 pm »
Should've went for the gog version

Yep.

That game is worth every one of those nine hundred ninety nine pennies.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2013, 11:26:57 pm »
I bought a Wii U Deluxe ZombiU bundle on Newegg for $360. Gonna get it tomorrow. :D

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

granz

• View Profile
    • granz' corner
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2013, 12:01:18 am »
Back to my growing NES collection, I recently purchased Ultima: Quest of the Avatar and Zelda II, both of which I've already emulated to death. Ultima without save states should be a fun experience...

I haven't finished Dragon Warrior, but the only thing left to do is grind to level 20 so I can defeat the final boss. That's going to take a few more days.
I'm no longer active on RHDN, but I keep coming back to troll, whee!

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:29 am »
Metal Max 2: ReLOADED for the DS, because it kept crashing on my flashcart and it seems good enough to warrant an actual purchase. Also, this enables me to play it on my 3DS instead of my DS.

Zetshiro

• Rainbow!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2013, 07:11:48 am »
Metal Max 2: ReLOADED for the DS, because it kept crashing on my flashcart and it seems good enough to warrant an actual purchase. Also, this enables me to play it on my 3DS instead of my DS.

I absolutely love Metal Max 2's soundtrack! :)

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2013, 07:45:02 am »
Yeah, both MM2 and MM3 had pretty good soundtracks when I tried them.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:41 pm »
Just bought Banjo Tooie off Xbox Live!

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2013, 05:51:39 pm »
I gave in and decided to pick up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.  (Guys, seriously, next time, shorter name.)  We'll see how it turns out.  I was sitting right on the edge on this one.  At least I get the pre-order bonus with it, even if it doesn't help with my XL.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »
@Isao:
Thats an awesome game which is still a milestone in its genre. Nice buy!
I hope you already finished Banjo-Kazooie since it's an ongoing storyline beetween those 2 titles :)