News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 38862 times)

Rouge2

• View Profile
Re: Your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2017, 04:19:03 pm »
I got The Insult and The Roast Generator off Steam.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2017, 03:31:49 am »
I guess I could give Neutopia another shot. It kinda started to get on my nerves a while back.
I can feel you there. The music in Neutopia 1 is a bit repetitive as is the game play, but then again, so was LOZ1. Neutopia 2 is a lot less so and both the audio and graphics were more refined, showing the TG-16 was a very worthy entry into the console offerings of the time. Did a lot better/more in Japan than here obviously, but still had it's classics.

If you're a shooter fan, AeroBlasters, Gates of Thunder, Blazing Lazers and Soldier Blade should not be missed. Then there is the good RPG collection, the Ys games, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Military Madness[the ONLY StrategyRPG I've ever finished], Dungeon Explorer 1 & 2, Exile 1 & 2, Dragon Slayer and others. I believe all of these are on the VC for the Wii, WiiU and Switch
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:09:01 am by lexluthermiester »

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2017, 03:41:30 am »
Now that the Steam sale is over, this was my haul:

You Must BUild A Boat - Cool little game, already beaten, review in the victoly thread
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete - hoping to play this with a friend in coop
Hell Girls - It's only a dollar and it wasn't even worth that ;D
Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander - See review in Victoly thread
Hollow Knight - The guys on IRC sold me on this, apparently it's pretty good. Unfortunately I only learned 2 days later there is going to be a Switch version soon too. I would have waited for that instead. Hmm, I guess I could still get a refund. Nope already idled the trading cards which puts me over 2 hours "playtime" *slaps self*
Broforce - Also for Coop. Played it a bit already, not that impressed yet
Stars in Shadow - Turn-based 4X, looks good, haven't tried it yet
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:03 am »
i went full ham and bought the Kaguya DLC for P5, the P5 protag theme for ps3, vagrant story, inFamous 2, and Tales of Graces F

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2017, 09:57:38 pm »
Picked up my Final Fantasy 12 ZA pre-order today, just getting around to playing it now since the TV has been occupied most of the day.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »
Sold my spare N64 and used the money to buy the Boss Monster card game and a copy of Metal Gear Solid,
was going to buy some CD-Rs and play MGS via Bleemcast but FYE seems to have stopped selling them.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2017, 07:26:14 pm »
Oblivion GOTY edition on Steam----I strongly disliked console oblivion for a number of reasons.  Most of which I have now removed forever with mods.

I'm looking forward to the superior-to-Skyrim experience now that we got those things out of the way.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2017, 11:30:02 pm »
I got tired of how pathetic N64 emulation is and ordered an Everdrive 64 last night. No more "plugin hell" with graphics, sound or controller glitches always waiting around the corner. I ordered the 2.5 model because I don't think the higher price is worth the 3.0 features that I'm not interested in (internal clock for like one game that I don't give a shit about and no longer needing to reset to save on some games).

I also recently ordered two brand new analog sticks for my controllers (which I believe are actually a digital remodel) as well as an s-video cable. In a couple of days the N64 library is about to bust wide open.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

NiggelMyNiggel

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2017, 05:42:50 pm »
Been going through a lull recently were I haven't purchased much. I did purchase a really nice bluray play with composite outs so I could watch blurays on my BVM I use for gaming. Old movies look great on that thing.

My sons psu went out on his gaming computer and the new one arrived in the mail yesterday. He couldn't wait for me to get home so he installed it himself and he didn't #$%& it up...proud of the little guy

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2017, 02:17:57 am »
For those interested in the series, Ys Seven is now for sale on GOG. It's only $21.95 for a limited time. It runs smooth as silk and at high-res it is very pretty.

I got tired of how pathetic N64 emulation is and ordered an Everdrive 64 last night. No more "plugin hell" with graphics, sound or controller glitches always waiting around the corner. I ordered the 2.5 model because I don't think the higher price is worth the 3.0 features that I'm not interested in (internal clock for like one game that I don't give a shit about and no longer needing to reset to save on some games).

I also recently ordered two brand new analog sticks for my controllers (which I believe are actually a digital remodel) as well as an s-video cable. In a couple of days the N64 library is about to bust wide open.

If you have an Android device[like an Android based TV box]or run AndroidX86 on a laptop or PC, Mupen64 Plus AE is a very worthy emu, runs most games perfect or near-perfect. Everdrive products work great, but updating them can be tricky once in a while. Saw your posts on the Krikzz forums and it looks like you have a tons of things figured out and you don't really need an N64 EMU anymore, but I'm having a ton of fun with Mupen64 and thought it worth telling you about.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
If you have an Android device[like an Android based TV box]or run AndroidX86 on a laptop or PC, Mupen64 Plus AE is a very worthy emu, runs most games perfect or near-perfect.

I forget which variations of Mupen I tried but I think in my case they were the variety of "Man, I can barely get this thing running and forget running well enough for a fun gaming experience".

Everdrive products work great, but updating them can be tricky once in a while. Saw your posts on the Krikzz forums and it looks like you have a tons of things figured out and you don't really need an N64 EMU anymore, but I'm having a ton of fun with Mupen64 and thought it worth telling you about.

Yeah, it wasn't my first flash cart. I had some practice with the NES and SNE Powerpaks.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:26 am »
I forget which variations of Mupen I tried but I think in my case they were the variety of "Man, I can barely get this thing running and forget running well enough for a fun gaming experience".
With this one, it's got a few tweaks but for the most part is preconfigured and runs everything very well. Even GoldenEye is playable, albeit with a few minor glitches. If you have a phone and a compatible bluetooth controller you can give it a try before taking the plunge on something more involved. I'm using an older i3 based Dell laptop with AndroidX86 and it works great. If you'd like to know more, PM me and we'll talk details.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2017, 11:26:36 pm »
Just got the 20" Daewoo CRT TV that I ordered today. I have a few CRTs, but I hate the only one I had with s-video and component inputs because it's a piece of shit. Now I've got a good one.

Also got an s-video cable for my PS2 and the parts I needed to make mine run like new again. Looks amazing. Looking forward to some Persona 3 FES (undub) and Kagero: Deception II.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2017, 12:20:47 am »
Just got the 20" Daewoo CRT TV that I ordered today. I have a few CRTs, but I hate the only one I had with s-video and component inputs because it's a piece of shit. Now I've got a good one.

Also got an s-video cable for my PS2 and the parts I needed to make mine run like new again. Looks amazing. Looking forward to some Persona 3 FES (undub) and Kagero: Deception II.
Nice! I'm lucky enough to have an LED LCD TV that has every classic connector needed as well as having a display mode that maintains the 4:3 ratio[black bars on the sides] for classic systems. Daewoo made great CRT's. Should be a joy play on.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2017, 04:16:05 am »
The recent gaming purchases that I did recently is I got Metroid: Samus Returns last month, I preordered Pokemon Ultra Sun a couple days ago and I just ordered Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minion yesterday.

I'm finally going to beat MSR today, thank god because this game gets a little too hard & annoying in a lot of areas. That's why I prefer AM2R over MSR, I beaten it last month and I had a blast beating it. It's a awesome fan game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:28:11 am by SCD »

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2017, 04:56:35 am »
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »
Nice! I'm lucky enough to have an LED LCD TV that has every classic connector needed as well as having a display mode that maintains the 4:3 ratio[black bars on the sides] for classic systems. Daewoo made great CRT's. Should be a joy play on.

So far I'm completely satisfied. I haven't tried hooking it up to my "new" TV yet since I need to swap graphics cards first, but I also have the means to run my older desktop (full of emulators and no-intro sets) to the TV via s-video. It has to look better than the other TV I used for this before. It was a Sanyo that had been stored near some guitar amps in a room without any sort of climate controls so it wasn't in very good shape once I started using it. It made a weird, high-pitched noise when you turned it on and had two areas on screen with a little gaussing that I just couldn't seem to get rid of. Luckily they only showed when certain colors were on screen but it still pissed me off every time I saw them. Plus, that TV was heavy as hell. It took up a lot of space too. Too much considering how much I hated it. I had two other CRTs that I liked better but they only had AV and coaxial. Anyway, I'm good to go now.
 8) <--- happy camper