News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Searching japanese to english translator and correction on my work.  (Read 2127 times)

Auryn

• View Profile
Hi everybody,
2 things:
First: I am searching a japanese to english translator with intermediate-high level of japanese/english but no knowledge of romhacking needed.
The intermediate level is required because the script is of a simulation/urban developpement game and it uses financial/stock market terms.
If you think you could translate Sim City from japanese to english, then you are probably good for this.
Anyway the level is increasing across the file so even if you are not sure, you can give it a try and do the job till you can.
No hacking skills because the main file can be opened in MSWord (unicode encoding) and it's 280kB dirty (some control codes and pointers in it that can be ignored by the translator).
It will look like this:

Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ   Ȁ  Ȁ   Ȁ!  Ȁ"  Ȁ#  Ȁ$  Ȁ%  Ȁ&  Ȁ'  Ȁ(  Ȁ)  Ȁ*  Ȁ+  Ȁ,  Ȁ-  Ȁ.  Ȁ/  Ȁ0  Ȁ1  Ȁ2  Ȁ3  Ȁ4  Ȁ5  Ȁ6  Ȁ7  Ȁ8  Ȁ9  Ȁ:  Ȁ;  Ȁ<  Ȁ=  Ȁ>  Ȁ?  Ȁ@  ȀA  ȀB  ȀC  ȀD  ȀE  ȀF  ȀG  ȀH  ȀI  ȀJ  ȀK  ȀL  ȀM  ȀN  ȀO  ȀP  ȀQ  ȀR  ȀS  ȀT  ȀU  ȀP  ȀQ  ȀR  ȀV  ȀW  ȀX  ȀY  ȀZ  Ȁ[  ԃaf܀     おはようございます、社長。    ﹟   国のエネルギー政策の転換により全国の炭 鉱街は産業構造の見直しを迫られました。  ᅰ   その中で、鉱業から観光へ転換するという ユニークな自治体が現れます。   ￙   自治体の売り込みに応じた当社は、観光開 発に乗り出します。  ￟   しかし、いざ観光開発を始めてみると、予 想外の出費に手を焼きます。  ᅴ   住民の観光需要の少なさも相まって、経営 は暗礁に乗り上げました。
If you are interested on a part or the whole job, send me a message/PM.
Thanks

Second thing is that i have started to translate the intro and intro of the tutorial of the game but I am not sure if it's correct especially because I don't understand if I have been elected president and the secretary calls me president all the time (for respect) or if there is a president above me. It would be nice if somebody would take a look (level: basic) and correct me.
Anyway the file is here (9kB)

Thanks

April 10, 2012, 04:55:42 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
WOW! 5 people downloaded the file but nobody answer???  :'( :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:55:42 pm by Auryn »

reiu

• View Profile
Re: Searching japanese to english translator and correction on my work.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:41 am »
I've looked over the file and sent you a corrected version. There weren't too many mistakes.

The player has been selected as president of a new company and the secretary calls the player "President" as a term of respect. There's no specific reference to anyone above the player, though it is clear that the player's company is just one small part of a larger corporate group.

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: Searching japanese to english translator and correction on my work.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
Thanks a lot.
Answering on PM now.