News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Glory of Heracles: Snap Story English Translation  (Read 9874 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Glory of Heracles: Snap Story English Translation
« on: January 06, 2012, 01:11:42 am »

Update By: Hiryuu

Finally, after nearly 10 long years since I started this project, Glory of Heracles: Snap Story translation is finished and completely in English.  Snap Story is the Gameboy entry in the series, but it's still quite fun... If you're into old-school Dragon Quest clones.  The game's graphics are quite similar to Glory of Heracles II, but instead of gaining permanent party members ala II, you can enlist the aid of various gods as you level up.  The gods act as party members that you can choose to use on a round by round basis.

All in all, it's definitely worth a play if you're a fan of the series or a fan of old-school Japanese RPGs.

I even went old-school and built an a RPGClassics shrine for the game while I was at it, just in case anybody needs a little help while playing the game.  Enjoy. =)

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://hti.rpgclassics.com)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
Re: Translations: Glory of Heracles: Snap Story English Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:03:54 am »
I remember lending Hiryuu a hand with this 7+ years ago. Glad it finally got finished. :thumbsup:
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Hiryuu

• *BOOM*
    • View Profile
    • RPGClassics
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »
I remember lending Hiryuu a hand with this 7+ years ago. Glad it finally got finished. :thumbsup:

I started the project back in 2002, so it was probably even longer ago that that.  I'm surprised you even remember. :P

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:02:47 am »
I started the project back in 2002, so it was probably even longer ago that that.  I'm surprised you even remember. :P

I forget NOTHING. Except when to pay my bills. Whatever. >_>
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:49:27 am »
great, I was waiting for this transation for a long time! I hope this rom works fine  with goomba on the gba

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:47:19 am »
Thanks for the translation! Looks like a good old school game. The shrine doesn't seem to be working though.

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »
Does this make ALL the Heracles in english now?

Hiryuu

• *BOOM*
    • View Profile
    • RPGClassics
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:59 pm »
Thanks for the translation! Looks like a good old school game. The shrine doesn't seem to be working though.

The shrine should be working fine, but it's not linked to on the main site.  You'll have to go to its address directly.  It's linked to in the news update, the translation's website and the readme.

Does this make ALL the Heracles in english now?

Glory of Heracles 4 hasn't been translated yet, but a project is currently in progress.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »
I can only imagine that one is going to take quite a long time. I hear it has a high rate of translator drop-out, and the menu system, while it looks cool, is a pain in the ass to hack.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »
As someone who did the hacking on Glory of Heracles 3, it brings a tear to my eye to see GH1 and GHSS in English! Hopefully this will motivate me to start hacking on GH4 again!

:laugh:

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 02:35:00 am »
Isn't it crazy that our two GoH games got released w/in a couple of weeks of each other and both of our projects started before we ever knew GoH 5 would ever exist?

Once again, congrats Hiryuu!   :thumbsup:

s someone who did the hacking on Glory of Heracles 3, it brings a tear to my eye to see GH1 and GHSS in English!   Hopefully this will motivate me to start hacking on GH4 again!

Yeah, the pressure's on now!  ;)

Personally, I am glad to give back to others who have translated before me.  I'm glad you like it DaMarsMan.

Hmm.  I wonder if toma (of GoH2) knows that both of these games have come out... and both using the font he created...

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »
Iam HOOKED on GoH 1 so far

idont remember part 2 havingasmuch atmosphere

ancol clown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:25:02 am »
I have played this game in my phone for 3 days, and...... WOW very interesting, the "god system" make this game quite different with other old school RPG. At least, 10 years is a very long time, but you done it, conratz bro :thumbsup:

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »
I started this game and played a little bit.  I got my first god to join the party.  Is the only way to heal him by going back to Zeus?  I can't find a way to give him items or to heal him.

ancol clown

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 07:59:10 am »
I started this game and played a little bit.  I got my first god to join the party.  Is the only way to heal him by going back to Zeus?  I can't find a way to give him items or to heal him.
Yep, in this game, human can't heal god, but the second goddess can heal our hero :)

Hiryuu

• *BOOM*
    • View Profile
    • RPGClassics
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 09:07:53 pm »
There is an item you can get later in the game that can heal gods, but it's not something available for purchase (it's kinda like the Yggdrasil Leaves in Dragon Quest games).

fireball

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »
I didn't even know RPGClassics shrine still exists..wow. Anyway, great work!   :thumbsup:

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »
I've been playing this game off and on for the past 2 months and I've reached a point where I am in kind of a bind.  I am really getting knocked around by regular enemies and being stuck with Homer as a party member doesn't help.  As far as I know I have the best equipment for that point of the game but I am having trouble surviving many battles.  I only have about 65 HP and monsters are sometimes hitting me for 30 hp and when there is a group of 3 of them, healing items can't keep up.  When you level up you barely get anything and levels take a long time to get.  Do I just need to grind like crazy or is there something else I can do?