News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A couple lines for 4th Unit  (Read 1714 times)

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
A couple lines for 4th Unit
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »
Translating a script for a Japanese PC adventure title called 4th Unit. The script is just about done but I'd like to ask for help with a couple of lines. I've provided a line or two around them for some context:

=====
When you talk to some soldiers about the bad guys. I don't know if all these lines are triggered or only some:

;P"「$5奴らは、市民まで巻き添えにしやがって」"
P"[$5Those guys, didn't have to go as far as getting normal citizens involved.]"
;P"「クソ!! あんな化け物相手じゃ、勝負にならん」"
P"[Dammit!! We won't be defeated by such monstrous opponents.]"
;P"「$5なんとか市民だけでも、避難させなくては・・・/$5街中では、こっちが手出しできないと思ってなめてやがる」"
P"[???]"
;P"「$5まだいたのか。早く避難するんだ」"
P"[$5You're still here. Hurry take cover.]"

=====
This girl Ash is trying to get you out of the enemy base. You have the option of turning on her and trying to attack her:

;P"アッシュ:「$9今は、説明している暇が無いの。私を信じてついて来て!」"
Ash:[I don't have time to explain right now. Trust me and come with me!]

;D21P"アッシュに飛びかかろうとすると、ヒラリと身をかわされました。"P"「$8あいつを逃しちゃだめ!追いかけましょう」/あなたは、アッシュを追って基地を飛び出しました。"WJ45
(???)
;D45P"森の中で、アッシュを追い詰めた時、そこへもう一人、少女が現れました。"P"「$8アッシュ!!」/「$9セス!」"P"セスと呼ばれた少女も、どうやら統合軍のメンバーの様です。"WJ47
D45P"When I'd tracked Ash down inside the forest another girl appeared there."P"$8[Ash!!]/[$9Seth!]"P"It appears the girl called Seth is also Joint Forces member."WJ47

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
Re: A couple lines for 4th Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »
I don't know if it was intentional, but the Japanese actually says the opposite in this sentence:

;P"「クソ!! あんな化け物相手じゃ、勝負にならん」"
P"[Dammit!! We're no match for such monsters!]"

;P"「$5なんとか市民だけでも、避難させなくては・・・/$5街中では、こっちが手出しできないと思ってなめてやがる」"
P"[We at least have to evacuate the citizens somehow... they're underestimating us, thinking we can't do anything downtown (OR: throughout town)]"

;D21P"アッシュに飛びかかろうとすると、ヒラリと身をかわされました。"P"「$8あいつを逃しちゃだめ!追いかけましょう」/あなたは、アッシュを追って基地を飛び出しました。"WJ45
You try to throw yourself upon Ash, but your attack is nimbly evaded by her. "P" Don't let her escape! We have to follow her. / You rush out of the base in pursuit of Ash.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Re: A couple lines for 4th Unit
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:28:18 pm »
Heh, nah, I was probably just thinking of it as "make" rather than "shoubu". Thanks for these!